CIA's Map projects

Moderator: EUO Moderators

CIAassassin
Posting from my ass computer.

CIA's Map projects

Post by CIAassassin »

Well, people like watching a project unfold, so I will do that here. As I make maps, Ill post pictures for your suggestions. Hopefully as they get better, and if egg adds them having the project here will help build anticipation for new maps to go to.

well, this is what Im working on right now. Still have a ways to go, overall size is 200x200, all underground and will add some depth to a race. Lemme know what you think.

original, this is at 1.5 days worth of work.

progress in the last week. Been super busy with work and will be in Shreveport for the next 5 days.

havent gotten much done in the last couple days since I got back from Shreveport. Added some detailing and the upstairs. I have too much that I want to do at once and it's unproductive. Ive added a few books to read through the map.

so after a few days worth of "writers block" I had a few beers and the ideas came back. Here is what I have. Not too much done, just got the SE corner fleshed out. Did this in about 3 hours this afternoon after work and getting a level in game. This is where Im going to stop for the night. I have work tomorrow morning. So far Ive put about 2 weeks time into it over the last month. Coming together slowly but surely. Will be nice to start working on the story for the map.

havent done shit in the last few weeks, between working 12 days in a row, and having 2x xp weekend the map definitely took a back seat. Loss of motivation was a huge factor, and recent events kinda kicked me in the ass to work on it again. Finished one of the rooms in the fortress but that is going on the back burner while I plan out the layout, so Im putting in some final touches on the SE corner and get that finished so I only have to focus on the fortress.

Off and on work today, about 5 hours total time spent on the map. Got a good chunk of the SE area finished, and tweaked a bit on other bits of the map.
Rikimaru

"Oh, you're a lesbian? That's cool, I'm a lesbian trapped in a mans body, we should date."
CIAassassin

Re: CIA's Map projects

Post by CIAassassin »

New post just to get a bump. Spent a few hours this afternoon/evening working on the map. Finished up a good chunk of the SE corner. Just three more caves to do and it will be done and I can start working on the story.

All that is left to do is spawners, and finish the story for the books through the map. No more pictures of the map from now on, however IT'S DONE! :)
Rikimaru

"Oh, you're a lesbian? That's cool, I'm a lesbian trapped in a mans body, we should date."
CIAassassin

Post by CIAassassin »

Monday July 1, 2013 2053EST

My next project. Name: Deep Roads. Let the speculation begin.
Rikimaru

CIAassassin

Post by CIAassassin »

Tuesday July 2, 2013 1543EST

burned through a good chunk today. Im getting the lxy feature links set up. For those who like to adventure, please note that only the path will guarantee safety.
Rikimaru

SiNeR
I once posted in TFIOOC!

Post by SiNeR »

maps looks rly cool, but plz make them playable on PD also... i mean no void traps... :P
"we are elite, you are not!!"
-goblin elite
CIAassassin

Post by CIAassassin »

neither of them have voids anywhere that you can get into. I do use them as blocking tiles in a few spots though (out of the way, and in no way hazardous). They are bm = 1 and bv = 0 which is what I wanted. I also removed the voids with waterfalls in the Deep Roads.
Rikimaru

CIAassassin

Post by CIAassassin »

July 4, 2013 1547EST Map is finished.

Now to start on my next project.

Thank you for watching my project show. Tune in next time, same project channel, same project time. GOOD NIGHT! :ymca:
Rikimaru

CIAassassin

Post by CIAassassin »

July 4, 2013 2158EST

Started on my next project after I finished Deep Roads today. Progress has been slowish. Name is Underworld. Yes I know that we already have one, but it kinda sucks. This one will add some story to it, and add depth to another race as well as give some lore to the Void and its origins.

It will also be a place of interest for vampires :) more to come on that though. For now, let the speculation begin.
Rikimaru

CIAassassin

Post by CIAassassin »

Havent really done anything lately. Not really feeling this project as much as the last two. Got a bit of inspiration and totally redid the map from what I had it originally.

Bit of lore for this map:
  • Long ago, before humans had established a vast population in Sosaria, there was an individual who was born with a thirst for blood. Being the only one of her kind, she was labeled a pariah by the societies, and banished to the wilds. Longing for a companion in her thirst, she began looking to dark magic to control her thirst as well as turn others more easily. The magics this first vampire used tore the Veil between this world and the Void. Unable to fully control the powerful dark magic she forever corrupted the pure white magic of Sosaria, released creatures of the Void and the Void itself followed the more powerful Void creatures, corrupting the land it fell on.

In an attempt to control the spread of this new curse on the land, the vampire built a tower deep underground. As time passed the Veil became so thin around the tower, that land and Void merged creating a desolate wasteland for the Vampire to continue her research. Luring uninfected humans into her domain, she used them as experiments to create a companion and perfect her species. Stories began to circulate through the human population about the Void Tower. It was said it would draw the most sinister creatures of the night to its door, and would consume anyone who ventured too near its boundaries.

As years turned to decades, and the human population continued to grow and vampires became much more common. Vampires took to the darkest caves and woods, and the people were able to live their lives in relative peace. Hunters of vampires and other creatures of the night began to form parties and systematically searched for the tower to eliminate this First Vampire. Eventually cornering her under Ogre Town and killing her. The hunters formed a small colony just on the outskirts of the tower to use the Vampires research against her kind and too keep vampires from attempting to use the tower to destroy the human population for good.

As the vampire species continued to evolve, rumors of factions began to spread. The Hunters of Murnau were able to locate two known covens in Sosaria, the Dark Bloods and the Preservers. The location of their coven leaders still is beyond their knowledge. However, both covens have taken an interest in the Void Tower. While some of the species evolved, the less pure the tie to the original vampire the more twisted and corrupted the beings became. Losing all humanity, or being twisted by dark magic these evil creatures took refuge in what is called Clan Vanggah by the Hunters.
Stay tuned for more.
Last edited by CIAassassin on Fri Jul 19, 2013 4:06 am, edited 1 time in total.
Rikimaru

CIAassassin

Post by CIAassassin »

More Lore:
  • Research Journal 15 Entry 42 "Looking beyond the veil has proven to be more difficult than I had thought it would be. This creature possess an uncontrollable will. I can see intelligence in his eyes. My next step is to see about merging this being with a failed turn. Perhaps a creature not of this world would be able to survive this condition that has killed all but me."

Research Journal 15 Entry 50 "Merging has been both a success and a failure, the reanimated corpses show signs of being a Vampire but the possessed corpses are nothing but insatiable beasts to be put to slaughter. I will continue to look for alternative methods of turning creatures to my kind."

Research Journal 15 Entry 58 "I took some of the Blood Queens brood today in an attempt to use her particular lineages ability to siphon the life force from their prey. I have a promising venture with this new lineage. They survive the turn, but don't show the same signs of being a vampire. I may have created a new species.I will call them Bloodkin. I will abandon this course, as these creatures adapt to the condition. Bloodkin may be my closest relative, but can do everything I can't."
Rikimaru