Creating New Monsters

Moderator: EUO Moderators

Keighn
Stop posting already --;

Creating New Monsters

Post by Keighn »

I didn't want to deviate on the Race/Lore thread as I'd like to keep that pure. Seeing what pintrest can do I did my own on an evil race of reptilian. I may draw some more and actually write up some ideas based on the spreadsheets in the game. I'm presenting Drakkhen as I drew/modified some dragon heads a few years agon. These aren't meant to be player characters but rather new mobs. Here's the Drakkhen Pintrest
ZUPS!!!!
eggmceye
hello

Re: Creating New Monsters

Post by eggmceye »

I was going to say, post those heads you made but they're in the pinterest, good.
Keighn
Stop posting already --;

Post by Keighn »

Now the real trick is finding a good body fit. I'm still trying to get a hang of win7 mspaint and paint.net. I'm also using a laptop so the color scheme seems different to me. At least they're pretty easy to paste on any body. Once I put them on cows, bunnies, and artful dodgers.

I tried out the 2nd Drakkhen game and found it rather annoying (really did not have the flavour of the 1st). I need to take some time to work with more pintrest art.
Keighn
Stop posting already --;

Post by Keighn »

Lost all my old files which sucks so all those years of gfx, maps, etc.. GONE!
But on the plus side....

SHARK BATS!!!!
Grunkk
Tune in next time & see how they do it.

Post by Grunkk »

Shats?
On a search to find the meaning of life... Oh wait, to get to level 450!
LordMortiferus
MACRO > me

Post by LordMortiferus »

Here are two mobs created by combining two different mcodes:
0x421621d based on gree dragon (0x216) and serpent (0x21d)
0x4231238 based on white dragon (0x231) and squid (0x238)
For an explanation on mcodes click here.
Verbundmonster.gif
Especially the sea serpent/green dragon looks really good in game. The squid/dragon looks a bit awkward though. As only two sprites are used for the animation (limited by the squid/serpent sprites) there is no animation of the dragon head/wings. In theory this could be changed by reordering the dragon sprites in the btile files.

If anyone has further ideas for other combinations let me know of it and I will give it a try.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
LordMortiferus
MACRO > me

Post by LordMortiferus »

Got another one that is half nightmare (0x2ab) and half blackdragon (0x234):
0x42342ab
nightdragon.png
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Keighn
Stop posting already --;

Post by Keighn »

Ah, that's pretty sweet. I know you have to be a huge Cthulu fan. Man, there are times I wish the entire old gang would come back to euo and put their brains together. I still dream of a new maped where customizing maps/mobs/events/ etc is all done with a drop down menu and several preprogrammed clicks of a button. Wish I could mess around with it in Oregon. The best I can do is download the game and current maped and attachments and play around. Lord knows I'll have time besides clearing out the fields.
Last edited by Keighn on Mon May 19, 2014 2:56 am, edited 1 time in total.
eggmceye
hello

Post by eggmceye »

LordMortiferus wrote:Got another one that is half nightmare (0x2ab) and half blackdragon (0x234):
0x42342ab
nightdragon.png
good stuff

now have to come up with some new monster abilities and more importantly, ability combos
1[WoWz]
MACRO > me

Post by 1[WoWz] »

eggmceye wrote:
LordMortiferus wrote:Got another one that is half nightmare (0x2ab) and half blackdragon (0x234):
0x42342ab
nightdragon.png
good stuff

now have to come up with some new monster abilities and more importantly, ability combos
Easy, give them all sleep wind and XC :twisted:

Actually I'd like to see a chain attack (like VOG) that does slow, XJ, and bleeding. Would be fun to fight something that had different ways to fuck us up.
IGN: 1
eggmceye
hello

Post by eggmceye »

you know, as far as the combos go, the single mob doesn't need to do the combo .. but that stuff is hard to design.
Eclips
egg has really fucked this game up :(

Post by Eclips »

Combo ideas:

Gravity Bomb/Black Hole - Sucks every player within a 4x4 radius toward the center.
Flam Grav or a similar AOE spell.

Phase Walk- Ranged spell that teleports you behind the target, dealing damage to everything in between your initial position and target.
Backstab- 2x damage of normal attack, ignores damage resist and DEF.

Single spells

Rapture (melee special)- Temporarily alters tiles surrounding player and mob using attack. Tiles become immovable, locking mob and player into single combat. Players and mobs located on the tiles at the time of the cast are moved one tile away and players take earthquake damage.

Darkness- Visually alters tiles in a 5x5 area to whatever the darkness tile is that you can only see what is next to you.

Barrier- Creates a 3x1 barrier in the direction cast. Cannot target anything behind the barrier, using the same mechanics that would keep you from seeing the mob if the barrier was a wall. (IE if the barrier was a wall, and if from your angle, you couldnt see a mob behind the wall, you cannot target it for ranged attacks/spells. Barrier doesn't alter vision or ability to walk over affected tiles.
Eclips
egg has really fucked this game up :(

Post by Eclips »

Void gazers that use petrify. Petrified targetstake reduced damage, but cannot move and are instant killed (shattered) by specials or criticals.
LordMortiferus
MACRO > me

Post by LordMortiferus »

Balron (0x220) and Water Daemon (0x241) split avatar 0x4220241
Frost Mephit (0x246) and Water Daemon (0x241) split avatar 0x4246241
waterdaemon.png
Hence my idea to have a Lava Daemon (as it seems item tiles cannot be used as feet).
Onyxt
Girls only want boyfriends who have great skills.

Post by Onyxt »

eggmceye
hello

Post by eggmceye »

yes those water demon splits are cool
dunno about those ones - I'll go thru that thread and pick out some new things to add in
LordMortiferus
MACRO > me

Post by LordMortiferus »

Here are the split lava avatars that look good.
lavamobs.png
I have also tested blood mobs and the fire lizard but was not satisfied by the results.
Chedich
on lolpatrol

Post by Chedich »

The Lovecraft inspired one looks neat.
LordMortiferus
MACRO > me

Post by LordMortiferus »

Chedich wrote:The Lovecraft inspired one looks neat.
That's my personal Cthulhu avatar. I am trying to make a 16x16 version but I am not satisfied by the tentacle beard atm.
Chedich
on lolpatrol

Post by Chedich »

LordMortiferus wrote:That's my personal Cthulhu avatar. I am trying to make a 16x16 version but I am not satisfied by the tentacle beard atm
Not a whole lot of pixels to fit any kind of detail in.