Future classes!

Moderator: EUO Moderators

Keighn
Stop posting already --;

Re: Future classes!

Post by Keighn »

I've never played wow. Wonder what their druid is like? Diablo 2sh???
Maybe modelled on D&D? Looking forward to see what direction you're heading on this.
Onyxt
Girls only want boyfriends who have great skills.

Post by Onyxt »

Keighn wrote:I've never played wow. Wonder what their druid is like? Diablo 2sh???
Maybe modelled on D&D? Looking forward to see what direction you're heading on this.
They have different forms that they turn into and have different play styles. You turn into a bear for tanking, cat for melee dps, a bird thing for range dps, and you have healing that doesnt have a form anymore (Use to be a treant).
newmagna
buying vamp LS of any kind +5

Post by newmagna »

uaaaaahh god noticed me!
eggmceye
hello

Post by eggmceye »

newmagna wrote:uaaaaahh god noticed me!
I'm just a lazy middle aged, middle class australian. :aus:
Keighn
Stop posting already --;

Post by Keighn »

Hah! I bet that treant walked slow.
newmagna

Post by newmagna »

Death/Spell Knight:
Enchanted spear(polearms that give same bonuses as staffs if you have proficiency with them), but can use medium armor.
Spells:
shadow cloak- invis, speed for 5s(10 when magic 100%)
shadow/magic beast- very aggressive summon(single)
touch spell - basically AM but dark element/physical damage that bypasses def
dark channeling- makes a pseudo enchanted weapon of whatever weapon you are holding for as long as you hold for a maximum of 30s(a minute when magic 10%)
death's grasp- immobilize and nullifies def and mr for a few sec
aegis- doubles mr and adds elem res 10~20 sec
soul power- adds int/2 to str
abyssal servant-magic casting summon
corruption- heavy magic damage(5x5 around caster)
abyssal pathway-basically blink that damages enemies in it's way like charge(but still goes through them)
death mask- scares enemies as per egg and either slows them or reduce def/mr
these are in no particular order.
eggmceye
hello

Post by eggmceye »

MoonGoat
Good morning, Captain.

Post by MoonGoat »

Nice! Still interested in zorn-form for mounain climbing?
"When life gives you lemons, don't make lemonade. Make life take the lemons back! Get mad! I don't want your damn lemons, what am I supposed to do with these? Demand to see life's manager! Make life rue the day it thought it could give Cave Johnson lemons! Do you know who I am? I'm the man who's gonna burn your house down! With the lemons! I'm gonna get my engineers to invent a combustible lemon that burns your house down!"
―Cave Johnson
eggmceye
hello

Post by eggmceye »

I'm still interested in everything : I'd forgotten about zornform
newmagna

Post by newmagna »

do crocs swim too? and to wisps get any other ability besides blinking? maybe reduce all stats to a 20/20/20 ratio but reduces the weight of everuthing; or give it flying abilities(but then ^zorn would be useless i guess?) Still waiting for retro's idea he mentioned on discord
Rumper
Post in swahili or SHUT THE FUCK UP!

Post by Rumper »

Have any of you guys seen Tales of Maj'Eyal? There's is a nice class called summoner in there that lets you summon different beasts with different effects depending on beast summoned.
Basically there are 3 categories, Melee, ranged and utility summons. Melee category summons powerful close combat creatures for a set amount of turns (it's turn-based), while ranged summon does the same for ranged creatures and utillity summons creatures that cc, heal, slow, tank magic, etc... Then apart from that there are abilities that changes effect based on whatever summon you have out that moment. For example detonate makes your summon explode, but if you had your flamespitter out, you would deal flame damage in a radius, while a spider would pin (immobilize) everyone around it for 3 turns. You can make your summons rage, you can switch places with your summons etc, etc. I brought this game up because it has certain similarities and thought you would be interested. It's an roguelike (not online, but cloud saves unlocks)
eggmceye
hello

Post by eggmceye »

I own it and have played it a fair bit, but not summoner: I'll reinstall and try them out
MoonGoat
Good morning, Captain.

Post by MoonGoat »

Rumper wrote:Have any of you guys seen Tales of Maj'Eyal?
A nice game! Just recently unlocked all classes and races :)
Got about 800 hours invested now :P
"When life gives you lemons, don't make lemonade. Make life take the lemons back! Get mad! I don't want your damn lemons, what am I supposed to do with these? Demand to see life's manager! Make life rue the day it thought it could give Cave Johnson lemons! Do you know who I am? I'm the man who's gonna burn your house down! With the lemons! I'm gonna get my engineers to invent a combustible lemon that burns your house down!"
―Cave Johnson
eggmceye
hello

Post by eggmceye »

holy cow
Keighn
Stop posting already --;

Post by Keighn »

Was that Mordors sequel?
ZUPS!!!!
Zilverlight
Girls only want boyfriends who have great skills.

Post by Zilverlight »

Keighn wrote: Paladin:
1. Oaths
Best idea for Paladins yet. Even if you consider them as a more combat oriented Priest class, having an "Oath" to a specific Virtue might allow for more diversity. Say, a Paladin aligned with "Honor" may be stronger with certain abilities, or have different abilities entirely from a Paladin aligned with "Compassion" and so forth. To keep it simple though, having them aligned with either Wisdom, Compassion, and Honor might be a good start. There's already the Knight's Order of Valor but adding in a small place somewhere for each of these could allow Paladins to have more customization, though not sure how.

I left ideas on the Druid class in it's own thread, but just read here you wanted to stray from the WoW Druid. I only got to level 5 (i think) with the WoW Druid though so I have no idea what they are capable of LAUGHING OUT LOUD LIKE A MORON.

--I think Elementalists could be split up into it's own class and could allow for more diversity among mages. Elementalists being a more damage based Mage class while Illusionists are more of a utility based Mage class. It sounds like a great idea.

--With the addition of multiple newer classes though, I think it's important not to forget the main classes and the identity they have themselves. Originally, it was Fighter, Mage and Rogue. We've since Added Necromancer, adding a new Mage class (not really a Rogue/Mage hybrid as most Necromancers focus on the Magic instead), and split Piety from Mages giving them to Priests, a new Fighter/Mage hybrid.

--Fighters themselves are a little more bland, as Priests receive most of the benefits of Fighter (without Axes or Longswords or Polearms) and gain the Healing benefits of Priests. Monks were a nice separation and I think are a great class on their own.

--Rogues are still essentially the same. Assassins for the melee DPS or Ranger for the ranged DPS (I hardly see anyone going with Ranger though.) They could do with some new specialization. Adding Ranger as a new class could allow for more development into specialized Rogue classes. Maybe allowing a "Summon Animal" that can act as a pet (Lasts until dead or log out, is a summon rather than a pet) OR additional benefits for any pet attained through Taming (and possible benefit to taming?) Maybe increased HP, abilities or damage? Having more than just "Point Blank Headshot" or "Spray n Pray" and "Charged Shot" as abilities. This wouldn't do bad as a class in it's own right, and might encourage players to use Ranged over the Assassin class.

--I think Swashbucklers were touched up on and are a nice alternative to "Rogue melee DPS" and would prevent the Rogue class from simply becoming the Thief or Assassin class. Ranged could still be a skill available to Rogues, with Rangers also specializing in it's skill with different bonuses.

--On the previous note, I'm not sure if it's possible to have skills specific to 2 classes, with abilities different depending on which one is actually chosen.

I always imagined something akin to "Reaver" being possible on this game. A class that gains power based on damage taken or lower life. The idea for this comes mostly from Dragon Age, although I'll be honest I never actually beat the game and don't remember much from it. I just remember the idea of Reaver stuck with me as a Fighter class that I would LOVE to play.

Reaver:
Fighter based

Specialization Skills:
Fighter Weapons
Reaver Skill (Named something different obviously) used for the specific Reaver based abilities
Abilities could inclue:
Bloodlust (Passive)(100%): As you defeat an enemy, increase damage by 1% up to a maximum of 15%
Challenge: Challenge the target. Attacks on this target deal more damage and damage taken from and dealt to other sources are lowered.
Blood Boil(75%: Increases Attack Speed by 25%
Life Syphon(50%): Drain life from nearby enemies, gaining 25% of damage dealt as health.

AS increased at thresholds of say "50% life and 25% life. The lower life they are at, the higher the AS. Could also increase defense and MR.
Abilities are only able to cast at certain thresholds. 100% life can use basic abilities, 75% life gains access to slight rage, 50% life can use moderate skills and 25% life can use very power abilities.

I'm pretty terrible at original thoughts, and have little to go on, but pretty much a Fighter that revels on being at the edge of death, and having a bloodlust, getting stronger with each enemy he slays.

I think this would be a difficult class to introduce though, as the player would have to teeter on the edge of death to really get the most from their class. It's very high risk high reward, but that means you have to REALLY balance the heck out of it to make sure it doesn't get super OP at 25% life, but isn't useless at 100%-75% life.
Desmond (AKA: Rurik)