Future classes!

Moderator: EUO Moderators

SanJorge
Post in swahili or SHUT THE FUCK UP!

Re: Future classes!

Post by SanJorge »

Warrior subclass : Cursed Warrior

You get a cursed weapon of lucernhammer , bastard sword, labrys, glaive go to a lich (maybe one of necromancers quests) say a magic word like "revenge" , then you take some damage and merge with your wich you have equipped .

you get

Pros :

--> negative effect on AS/Damage removed
--> 15% extra damage on non demonic creatures
--> negative effect on target (depends on weapon)

Cons :

--> no unequipp , only with some kind of purifying in the monastery
--> takes 25% of caused damage from your mana, if there is no mana, there goes your HP
--> no tank or berserk stance

effects :
--> demonicaxe = 10% to get wounded and deseased
--> demonichammer = it can summon werwolf at 10% , a more powerfull one (hybrid lvl 120) at fullmoon
--> demonicblade = 10% chance of healing bolt
--> demonicglaive = 10% chance to remove 50% of HP of target

maybe give the weapon a dark glow
Keighn
Stop posting already --;

Post by Keighn »

Going to have to elaborate on this a little more. It looks like you're mostly getting negative effects. I can agree that always missing with a cursed weapon is terrible and instead it should just be a negative to AS/Damage and need unweld to remove weapon. Perhaps this class can only use cursed weapons and can change between them. There has to be some pro to the cons though.
SanJorge

Post by SanJorge »

oh, i forgot , new demonic fighting stance where you share taken damage to partymembers and pet X-D
newmagna
buying vamp LS of any kind +5

Post by newmagna »

SanJorge wrote:oh, i forgot , new demonic fighting stance where you share taken damage to party members and pet X-D
I would never party with you if you had this class, unless it dampened the damage somehow, in which case you could cheese it by making a party of only these guys and having damage i the single digits. YES IT SOUNDS ATTRACTIVE BUT IT WOULD BE BROKEN AS HELL. Also there wouldn't be any place for some other class i there, unless CW were exempt from the damage share.
Thematically, however, I like the idea of a CW, if not only because Necro Is such a disappointment in melee. Maybe it could have a skill where it deals "shadow" or "dark" damage with every physical attack. Some dark spells like: demonic possession(confused but super buff, big CD), Shadow Lightning(basically OG but dark element), Shadow Bullet(Fast firing projectile, defense penetration depending on skill level, high mp cost), Shadow Beast( summons a single melee mob, impervious to physical but weak to magic, blinks) or Death Knight(High def and mr, slow-ish, high HP), Desecrate Ground(AOE terrain effect, makes you more powerful while making enemies weaker), Cursed Blade(gives poison and/or disease on strike),
maybe a stance too, but I wouldn't know, maybe increases dodge?
Keighn
Stop posting already --;

Post by Keighn »

Just for fun I was looking at some projects by other people. I hadn't thought on the Ultima 3 classes quite like this but makes perfect sense:
Pax Britannia wrote:Character classes

classes

There are four major character classes:
•Warrior
•Wizard
•Priest
•Rogue

If you think of these as the corners of a four-side die, then you can work out the six dual-class variants following the edges of the die:
•Warrior-Priest
•Warrior-Rogue
•Warrior-Wizard
•Priest-Rogue
•Priest-Wizard
•Wizard-Rogue

At the center of the die is the all rounder:

Multi

U3.5 uses the following class names:

1.Warrior—Fighter
2. Wizard—Mage
3. Priest—Cleric
4. Rogue—Thief

5. Warrior-Priest—Paladin
6. Warrior-Rogue—Barbarian
7. Warrior-Wizard—Bard
8. Priest-Rogue—Illusionist
9. Priest-Wizard—Druid
10. Wizard-Rogue—Alchemist

11. Multi—Ranger
Going Back though:
Akalabeth was pretty damn simple.
Human is what you are (unless you morph into a lizard man by some failed amulet result)
2 Classes and that's it:
1. Fighter
2. Mage

Ultima 1 had 4 Class (Fighter, Thief, Wizard, Cleric)

Ultima 2 also followed that route (and races) (Fighter, Thief, Wizard, Cleric)
Character class triangle.
TOP: characters with no magic abilities;
BOTTOM: characters with great magic abilities;
LEFT: character with holy spells;
RIGHT: character with death spells.

Ultima 3 AS I mentioned (though that was a project had the 4 and then some)
The diagram summarizes the characters according to their attributes:
TOP: characters with no magic abilities
BOTTOM: characters with great magic abilities
LEFT: characters with healing spells (white)
RIGHT: characters with offensive spells (black).

Where as Ultima 4 changed a bit dropping rogues being unvirtuous:
•TOP: characters with limited magic powers;
•BOTTOM: characters with great magic powers;
•LEFT: characters with great strength;
•RIGHT: characters with great dexterity.

1. Fighter
2. Mage
3. Bard (still seems rogue to me)
4. Ranger
5. Druid
6. Tinker
7. Paladin
8. Shepherd

And Ultima 5 really only had 3 classes: (Avatar I guess was a combination of all still)
The diagram summarizes the characters according to their attributes:
•TOP-LEFT: characters with high strength (and no MP);
•TOP-RIGHT: characters with high dexterity;
•BOTTOM: characters with high magic powers.

1. Fighter
2. Mage
3. Bard

Continuing to Ultima 6
Character class triangle for Ultima 6.
•Top: charactes without magic powers
•Bottom: characters with strong magic powers
•Left: characters with high strength
•Right: characters with high dexterity

I still thing it follows the triad of
1. Fighter
2. Mage
3. Bard

Ultima VII: The Black Gate
Ultima VII: Forge of Virtue
Ultima VII: Part Two: Serpent Isle
Ultima VII: The Silver Serpet
I think all of these also followed the same old
1. Fighter
2. Mage
3. Bard

Ultima VIII was basically just the Avatar but hell.. I never played it nor 9 so maybe you can have npcs I dunno.

In euo things take a different turn with Rogues coming being here, mages split now into mage, priest, necromancer. And let's not forget our monk. Fighters/Warriors always seem to be around. There's sort of an unofficial class if you count 'staffmaster' that has no class. In a sense sort of a shepherd since even crooks are staves. So if you want to just tame a cow and run around letting it do all the killing have at it. You can always bop lil bunny foo foo on the head for hurting field mice (er rats). But the fairy that comes down is probably just an imp or something.

eh.. what point was I making? I'll remember.
Last edited by Keighn on Wed Aug 30, 2017 12:45 am, edited 1 time in total.
Keighn
Stop posting already --;

Post by Keighn »

Well, generally based on all that you can make any of those classes in euo and more. But, I would prefer to make classes similar but with unique abilities. Not all abilities should be combat based. Nope, some should be utility and further gameplay in some other way.
newmagna

Post by newmagna »

Ok, so perhaps it would be more fitting to divide the classes in:
Melee(all weapons, including UA and Ranged, tactics and block)
Utility(traps, locks and stealth)
Magic(Combat)
Magic(Utility)
Magic(Healing, includes buffs)
Thus, we can classify the existing EUO classes like so:
Warrior(Melee)
Rogue(melee and utility)
Mage(Magic(C/U) , some buffs)
Priest(Melee, magic(C/H) and one MU spell)
Monk(one melee option, weird magic)
Necro(melee and magic(C/U), and at least one buff, don't remember now)

I think using this frame of mind would be useful to create new classes.
I myself am still waiting for my Me/M(C/U) class focused on debuffing.
Comet
I once posted in TFIOOC!

Post by Comet »

I'm reposting my take on battlemage, druid, and bard from the ideas thread, where I accidentally had these originally. Hopefully I don't end up restating much of what's already been discussed on this thread. This post is a little long.

Currently, there are 3 classes that mix melee and magic: monk, priest, and necro. The issue with monk and priest are that int doesn't contribute to damage at all, and the issue with necro is that the melee aspect is completely overshadowed by powerful spells like HOB. I thought I could create some classes that address some of those shortcomings. Originally I was just going to make a Battlemage class, but then I realized I could adapt battlemage chassis to fit bards or druids.

BATTLEMAGE CLASS:

Playstyle: I view battlemages to be kind of like berserkers. The battle mage has a couple of multitarget spells that are designed to incentivize drawing multiple mobs at once. Against multiple mobs, these spells are a decent part of the battlemage's dps, while against only a few mobs, the spell damage drops to meh. For individual enemies, battlemages have spells that are designed to be support for their powerful melee attacks.

Abilities:

WEAPONS AND WEAPON SPECIAL ABILITIES: The weapon special abilities could be based on fighter special abilities. Since polearms are kind of staff-like with a metal blade attached to the end, maybe have the battlemages use polearms that they enchant(like bless hammer or curse weapon). Bloodbolt is already kindof 'magicky' feeling. There isn't a 50 rage ability, but the Battlemage will instead be casting buff/debuff spells. Since spells take the place of a 50 rage ability, rage will build up faster and let the Battlemage use bloodbolt more often.

Alternately, we can give Battlemages a subset of all fighter weapon types and give them their own special abilities. I like the idea of spellblades, so maybe we can let them use swords. Ever since the necro class came out, I have always been super jealous of the acid cone spell, even more so than HOB. The main reason was because of that 25% mr reduction. The only other ways to reduce MR are cleave and MR cleave, and those both take 100 rage. Cleave's 25% mr reduction doesn't last long enough to get many good spells in, and I personally find MR cleave awful. Especially for a battlemage, who has better, more destructive things to do with 100 rage. If we go this route, maybe there can be a 50 rage ability that reduces mr? I'm not sure what to do for the 100% rage ability.

'BATTLEMAGE STANCES': These are like the aspect spells in that they give a chance of a magic ability triggering with every hit. However, the stances will be more offensively minded, and some should be able to hit multiple targets. The battlemage's int applies to this damage. This is essentially a way to let int contribute to melee damage and also bypass the terrible spell cooldown time,
which hogs the cooldown bar and prevents you from using any of your rage abilities.
The following probably need better names.

FORCE ASPECT: Adds force damage to strikes, just like grav por or an mani.

ARCTIC ASPECT: Ice attack. I don't want to encroach too much into a monk's territory, so maybe this won't exist, or it has a lower chance of working in exchange for higher damage.

IMMOLATION: A flurry of fireballs against adjacent targets. An individual target can't be hit more than once per casting of the spell.

STORMBOLTS: Since Battlemages need cool AOE spells. Stormbolts shoots several lightning bolts and random targets withing range. You are the epicenter of all these attacks. An individual target can't be hit more than once per casting of the spell.

MANA ASPECT: ijo like ability? This would be the mage killer aspect. This might be too strong though, so maybe it's a bad idea.

METEOR STORM: Ranged multitarget attack. Meteors fall from the sky, hitting random creatures within range (once again, the same target can't be hit more than once). The damage can't be resisted, just like earthquake. This is a better spell than stormbolts, so it has to look better cosmetically. There should be some sort of particles that scatter around the target of a meteor, or the meteor sprite should be 3x3 (A meteor surrounded by rubble or lines radiating out) to make it more visible.

SPELLS: In addition to battlemage stances, a handful of buff/debuff and multitarget spells could be added that are casted normally (not through the weapon like an aspect) as long as a battlemage's special weapon is equipped. These debuffs shouldn't be overly based on int, because this is more of a melee class. I'm not fully sure what the debuffs should be. I don't think they should be better than a mage's debuffs, and should be more combat oriented. Here are some super vague ideas I thought of that are pretty conservative (hopefully I can think of better names):

ARCANE WEAPON: Needs a better name. Basically is for a battle mage what bless weapon is for a priest.

DEATH SEEKER MISSILE: Clone of grav por, but it also seeks the mob in range with the lowest hp (if this part is possible to code). A great ranged spell for those pesky fleeing mobs.

SLEEP STRIKE: Sleep synergizes well with melee attacks, especially slow attacks with large damage. This is a directional spell that puts a single adjacent mob to sleep. The chance and duration are the same as sleepwind. I'm being conservative here by having this ability be weaker than both sleeping fist(100% chance of working), and sleep wind(wind effect). Alternately, make it a 'flurry' that randomly
targets up to 3 mobs. A mob can't be targeted more than once per casting.

STUN: paralyse effect. It shouldn't be more powerful than normal paralyze in my opinion, so maybe I'll reconsider. Maybe I'll call it 'SHOCK' instead, and it's a lightning attack with a potential slow effect. I don't want to invade the monk's niche to much, so maybe give mobs temporary immunity to slow so it can't be spammed? This should essentially be a more defensive spell that would take the place of gouge or shield bash.

MASS STUN: A high level spell. This might be op though, as it would be an AEP wind. The reason I thought of this was because I want to incentivize fighting multiple mobs at once. However, with a lack of tactics and a substantial int investment, battlemages aren't nearly as tanky as fighters, even with their large amounts of str. This would hopefully up a battlemage's survivability, allowing them to take on more mobs at once.

DRUID CLASS (Based off of the Battlemage class described above):

Overall playstyle. The druid is a primary caster. The druid uses nature based AOE spells that effect more creatures than a mage can, but deal less damage per target. For individual targets, the druid uses animal aspects to shred mobs to pieces at close range. Since AOE damage spells draw aggro, the druid also has a couple AOE debuffs that don't draw (Think like greater power word pain). Finally, the druid can summon a treant and rejuvenate allies. Adding a couple single target spells won't hurt.

ANIMAL STANCE
-To be honest, I'm not sure what the animal stances should be. I think it would be fun if they provided cosmetic changes like werewolf form or polymorph, and the claws should
be a decent damage upgrade. I think druids should be able to cast as if they had a staff when in an animal stance. However, I'm not sure how staves play into this. Do druids just
straight up not need staves? An alternate ability would be something like the d&d shillelagh spell, which would let the druid deal decent damage with staves.

SPELLS:

Silver claw: attacks are treated as silver vs undead. (maybe this should be an animal stance?)

Rejuvenate: This is a directional spell that you can either cast on self or on a nearby ally. The target of the spell instantly starts regenerating health as if they stayed outside of combat long enough to trigger passive regen. This spell wouldn't have much of an effect on half trolls, but I'm not too worried about that being a problem. Maybe add another effect to this spell if that is an issue.

Summon nature's ally(needs rename): basically a druid's version of the kal xen spell used by mages.

some of the mobs summoned, in lose order from strong to weak:
giant rats
basilisks
fire lizards
crocodiles
alligators
werewolves (if druid mobs exist, they probably shouldn't summon werewolves)
crackling mice? (this might be annoying because of the luring effect of vog)
hydras?
nightmares? (horses are part of nature, right?)
//firey foxes*
corpsers (if the corpser ability works on mobs)
mothras (though mothras are weaker than hydras, the izh ability is too good to pass up, so I think mothras should be the highest level summon)

*As adorable as firey foxes are, the teleport ability will probably lure way to many monsters, so I'm thinking no to firey foxes.

Call lightning: After casting, every so often a thunderbolt will fall from the sky and hit a random mob in range, until 3 bolts are expended.

Greater Rejuvenate: All allies within range (self included) regen health as if they were out of combat long enough for passive regen.

Plague: Clone of grav por, but inflicts disease. With 25% less mr, the druid won't have to necessarily go pure int. Alternately, make disease a passive animal aspect?

Summon treant: summons tree ent scaled to level

Clashing rocks (needs better name): It makes sense that druid get a better version of earthquake than mages. I'm thinking a 9x9 or 7x7 spell that can also hit flying enemies due to rubble. Maybe flying enemies still take half damage.

venom strike (needs better name): A cone of acid that also poisons; deals ifh damage.

thunderstorm/firestorm: Maybe make these AOE DOT spells? Though unlike necro, you can't have more than one active at a time.

Entangle: AOE slow. Can be resisted by mobs with enough mr.

Phoenix form (this probably shouldn't be implemented, but I thought it was too interesting not to write down): This spell works like command death, but with infinite duration (ends when you die). Upon death, you are immediately resurrected at full health and transformed into a phoenix. For the next 10 seconds you are completely immune to all damage, after which you die and drop a pile of ash instead of a corpse. Every spell you cast is automatically replaced with flame wind, with a fast cast speed. Talon attacks have a chance of hitting a target with fireball, in the same fashion as aspect of the drake and vermillion weapons; however, damage is scaled to int. This spell must be cast on a pile containing 10 glowing embers, 1 egg, and 1 brilliant red shard, all of which are consumed upon casting.

BARD CLASS (Based off of the Battlemage class described earlier):

Playstyle: The bard fights with foils, staying alive with a combination of agility and wit. A bard's song enhances his/her fencing capability, and provides nice bonuses for allies too. Bards fight alongside their trusty musical instrument and use musical buildup to unleash a finisher move against their enemies. The bard also gets a decent amount of debuff and party buff spells, in addition to its own version of invis and a few utility spells.

Changes from battlemage: Give them foils, make them rely on a 25%/75% str/dex ratio or even 10%/90%, and add a sneaky ivis clone (think astral travel) alongside some party buffs and enemy debuffs. Bards don't get aspects. Instead, Bards use spells, aka songs, to provide benefits to allies and self. In addition to these mass buff songs, other songs fill the role of more conventional spells, for things like utility or debuffing.

Weapon abilities: I thought it would be cool to have the bard use foils, for parry and riposte. This might be a hassle to code, but I also thought it would be funny if the parry/riposte chance was based on int rather than dex. Think of it like the bard using his wit to avoid attacks, and burning creatures with clever retorts and insults. Of course, I don't want to encroach on the rogue's territory too much, so maybe bards shouldn't get parry and riposte.

Instrument: After lots of thought, I decided not to have actual musical instruments as items. Instead, I came up with this next idea, because I thought it was cool (crazy?):

Summon Spiritual Instrument: This spell summons the bard's spirit instrument. The spirit instrument is a representation of a bard's musicmanship and lifeforce. Think of it like a spirit animal, except it takes the form of a floating lute/mandolin. Kills from the bard's instrument give 100% xp, like a pet (90% if that's too extreme). The instrument is statwise like a crossbow golem scaled to the bard's level (like the priest's summon sword golem spell), except instead of arrows it shoots music notes (this is only a cosmetic change). At 50 rage, it releases a focused blast of musical energy that causes a target's ears to bleed (this is aimed shot with a cosmetic change). Unlike other summons, the instrument despawns if you go invis.

DROP THE BASS: As the bard's spirit lute is in combat, it slowly builds up musical energy, just like Jira's Atomic blast ability from TOLS. When it's fully charged up, the lute releases the energy in a large musical blast. The blast damage is scaled to how awesome you are as a bard (aka scaled to character level * musicmanship skill%). The awesomeness of the display causes nearby creatures to go blind, and also causes their ears to bleed. Alternately, the lute builds up energy as the bard is in combat. This forces the bard to fight alongside his/her instrument, and not hide like a coward. Give the lute a leash range as well so it always stays nearby. Another solution is to give the spirit lute less heath so the bard is forced to defend it until the ability triggers.

Spells: I currently don't have specific spells in mind.
EDIT: Spell ideas- though they might be too complicated
Cosmetically, I think bard spells would be cool if musical notes surrounded the bard after a spell is cast.

Vanish: unlike normal invisiblity, casting vanish has a 0.5 second delay. This means casting vanish will break invis. The notes for this spell are shades of dark blue

Inspire courage (rename?) provides bonus to attack, bonus scales to int but is capped by level. At level 500, and with enough int, a casting of this spell is equivalent to quaffing 3(1 if 3 is too many) purple potions(this ability does not stack with purple potions). Is this a good idea or is the level and int requirement overcomplicated? As long as an ally is withing range of the bard, he/she will continue to receive the bonuses. If a bard goes invis, the bonuses cease. The notes for this spell are shades of red. Unlike aspects, this line of spells should probably have a duration, since it doesn't make sense for a bard to play one song forever.
Hmm... now that I think about it, I'm not sure Inspire courage translates well to an EUO setting.

Lullaby: 3x3 DOT sleep effect that lasts a few seconds. Mobs get temporary immunity to the spell after being put to sleep by it. The notes for this spell are shades of dark purple

Sound Burst: A weak 3x3 targeted range attack. The targeted mob at the middle of the attack takes full damage, mobs on the edges take less.

Inspire vigour(?): Increases movement speed (like a brown potion) and provides slow mana regen. Very redundant compared to inspire courage though.

Fear: Chance of nearby mobs fleeing in terror, like with boiled eggs. Fear chance should be decent even with low int, but int increases both the duration and chance. It should be capped though, or with diminishing returns- I don't want to incentivize pure int bards. The notes for this spell are close to black, or dark gray that's slightly blue.

Fascinate: Mobs that haven't taken damage have a chance of not attacking (they will remain in your range and follow you since they are fascinated. Mechanics wise they basically are still in attack mode but are unable to actually attack or cast spells). The notes for this spell are a spectrum of random colors.

Suggestions? The class ideas are all pretty rough, since I just came up with them. Sorry for posting in the wrong thread. How do you remove misposts? At first I could delete them but now I think too much time has passed for that to happen.
Keighn
Stop posting already --;

Post by Keighn »

No problems if ideas are similar or exact or not. Just means more people have a consensus on what they like or would like to try. I've been exceeding lazy on my own ideas. Its my grinding addiction.... I'm an euotopian addict just think if I played ever crack or Wowcaine. I did some Aion Dust though... I won't mention my Perfect World high or uh that Blade and w/e game where there's boobs and ass galore.
newmagna

Post by newmagna »

So, reposting my Holy Knight (buff/debuff/melee class) idea that I think is a bit more balanced now.
3 skills:
-Holy Weapon: Use consecrate weapon spell to turn any weapon in to a holy weapon that deals half it's damage in magic in addition to normal damage, has no specials. The shields count as weapons for the purpose of the spell, and are granted extra MR. All weapons deal damage as if unarmed, requiring 50/50 str/dex stat allocation.
-Prayer: faster healing that grants buffs depending on skill level
0-25 one random blessing
26-45 two blessings
46-55 three blessings
56-75 four blessings
76-100 four blessings but one is super good
The blessings are always an increase of one stat or another, the magnitude depending on your Holiness skill level. The time spent to get a blessing while kneeling decreases as you get more proficient in Holiness.
-Holiness: The holy knight spell list:
Flash: stuns nearby monster on activation(can be resisted if MR high enough), and acts as a short lived light source(~30 sec?)
Consecrate: turns any weapon in your hands in holy weapons, as detailed above
GodSpeed: Speeds you up.
Regeneration: Self explanatory.
Kneeling: AoE Slowing down of stuff, magic becomes harder to cast while affected.
Comet: Blinks in any direction, dealing magic/lightning/fire damage to anything in the path.
Bane Weapon: Weapon deals magic damage that bypasses MR. Each hit costs mana until deactivated. Will start consuming HP if mana not available.
Soul Pressure: Paralyzes target(chance for it to fall asleep).
Divine Envoy: Summons a fellow ghost holy knight that will seek out any enemies until killed.
Divine Punishment: AoE nuke centered on caster, every enemy in range loses half of their total HP and is stunned for a second. Shares cooldown with Miracle.
Miracle: Heals fully and rids you of any ailment. Impervious to damage for 5 seconds. Shares cooldown with DP.
I think is a bit more balanced, right?
newmagna

Post by newmagna »

I'll also post this in ideas thread
Battle mage!
uses scepters(rods, offhand) and lances(spears). these two basically are used to melee but both give a spell casting advantage similar to staves. you turn them into "magical catalyst" or whatever like you do blessed maces and hexblades.
The idea is a melee class that uses supportive spells kinda like clerics but with less offensive and healing and kinda like necro but with less of being a mess.
The spell list(heavily adapted from my holy knight idea)
-catalyse weapon: turns rods into scepter and spears in to lances, which are part of the "catalyst weapons" skill(wow that name is crappy)
-flash: blinds enemies and illuminates surroundings for a while, also maybe bad breath status?
-force strike: uses weapon to deal physical & magical damage
-asphyxia: stuns enemies in a 5x5 radius for a few seconds(grows with skill level)(very light damage)
-phantom fire: create a 1hp light source that attracts enemies attention(can create up to 3 as akill increases)
-mind over matter: increases strenght and dexterity like EU but only 10-20%(increases with skill) and no hard cap(this is a melee class after all)
-mind still: stops 1 target from using magic temporarily
-displacement: create 2~5 clones around caster that absorb damage until it dies, the caster is attacked or attacks something, which cancels effect, which also cannot be used at the same time as:
-mage armor: buffs defense and mr temporarily and reflects damage.
-mage blade: buffs weapons' AS by a maximum of 3 and adds def penetration for 30 seconds
-airwalk: self explanatory
-soul split: stops target from using magic for longer and leechs mana
-freeze ray: ice damage and slows enemies 3 units in front of caster
-space distortion: halves movement and attack speed, and doubles mana cost of of magic of enemies in a 5x5 around the caster
-breaking point: weapon deals shock damage instead of physical, in a 3x3 around melee target
-aura explosion: attacks everything in a 3x3 around caster for 10~20 seconds. cant be used with
-aura of radiation: weakens targets(as by disease) in 5x5 radius around caster for 3 seconds(targets STAY diseased for longer, but the "radiation" only lasts a few moments)
"catalysts weapons"(that name is still crappy) have two specials: DASH ATTACK and CIRCLE ATTACK. DA gets characters sped up(stacks with MOM) and attacks every enemy in range for as fast as weapon speed allows. CA attacks every enemy around you for double damage.
newmagna

Post by newmagna »

druid idea(based on previous discussion that i don't really remember most of but this is pretty much my take on it): a dex based fighter(no bonuses) and spellcasting focused on direct combat.
The Druid would get 3 summon spells: wolf, horse and shark.
-wolf gets the druids int split 75%/75% in STR and DEX, with damage as if with skill in unarmed equal with the caster's skill in magic.
-horse like the mount, DEX based on casters INT.
-shark as a mount on water, that has a 'bite' attack, scaling damage with 50% caster's INT.
every summon lasts 20 seconds, with 0,4 seconds added per every point in their school of magic(the something something nature magic school i guess)
Then we get the transformation spells like:
-Sprout wings: gains flight but unequips weapons,gloves, capes,rings and torso. Can't attack.
-Talons: turns your feet into talons. attacks also use your feet(independently of what weapons you're using. Chance to cause bleed). unequips boots, can attack when using wings.
-Tentacles: unequips gloves(keeps weapons), and attacks now deal poison and have a chance to throw adjacent enemies away(like the giant squid). Can't use with wings.
-Crab claw: your ohands turns into a claw, unequips weapons, gloves and offhand, attacks now are bludgeoning and there's a chance to "crush"(asphyxiate) enemies. Cant use with wings.
-Claw: your attacks now are piercing/slashing with a chance to bleed. Can't use with wings.
-Tail: you gain a tail that moves independently and uhh... it can probably grab things? use as a second offhand?
Ando finally some CC spells:
-Vine trap: holds target in place, the vines can take damage and have as much HP as twice the caster's.
-Summon flower field: flowers sprout on the ground, they can't move but attract enemies(and charm them as if by AXE) and lowers their defense. Effect ends when you start attacking, and it can be resisted.
And one spell of regeneration, like the regen rings and belt, 3% hp per tick.
They should probabçy not use any weapons, just staves.
1[WoWz]
MACRO > me

Post by 1[WoWz] »

^There is some good stuff here.

Here are my thoughts:
-I think the forms could be: crocodile (melee attack focus), hydra (magic attack focus), crab (defense focus), horse (dex/movement speed focus)
-Unequipping is more of a pain than anything else, I wouldn't want to see it.
-I also think melee attacks should be the main attack for druids but with buffs to make staff fighting useful, also a use for enchanted staves would be nice.
IGN: 1
newmagna

Post by newmagna »

^i was thinking that a druid would use his "natural weapons" to attack, but then it would be too op if he had the advantage of any other weapons. kinda like werewolf really. honestly though can you imagine what a 100%/100% druid/monk werewolf would be like? also i imagine many would go lotl, so there wouldn't be any use for most drops, since they would just use their own body all the time.
I guess I should some defense skills too, then? like carapace/shell/scales for defense, dragon hide for MR, etc...
and i think the summons like the horse and such could be expanded tho
newmagna

Post by newmagna »

also i'm not sure if the transformations should just redistribute int, use int as a base to calculate the bonus, provide % bonus to str and dex depending on stat distribution( if you have twice your int as you have str and/or dex then you get a multiplicative bonus?), or something else? I want to make possible arious kinds of builds depending on stat distribution which make some forms more or less viable.
1[WoWz]
MACRO > me

Post by 1[WoWz] »

newmagna wrote:also i'm not sure if the transformations should just redistribute int, use int as a base to calculate the bonus, provide % bonus to str and dex depending on stat distribution( if you have twice your int as you have str and/or dex then you get a multiplicative bonus?), or something else? I want to make possible arious kinds of builds depending on stat distribution which make some forms more or less viable.
You know, I was thinking about this as well. Should druid be int based? Should it be flexible to allow for different builds/multiclassing? Should it have abilities that redistribute stats?

I believe that the transforming should redistribute stats but the abilities should be based on either level or all combined stats. This allows the most flexibility.

Also, I don't think we need another class with a full spell list. Perhaps the generic "special move" can cast a spell based on what creature you're polymorphed as. I had a full druid idea post somewhere, but I'm unsure what direction druids should go.
IGN: 1
newmagna

Post by newmagna »

1[WoWz] wrote:
newmagna wrote:also i'm not sure if the transformations should just redistribute int, use int as a base to calculate the bonus, provide % bonus to str and dex depending on stat distribution( if you have twice your int as you have str and/or dex then you get a multiplicative bonus?), or something else? I want to make possible arious kinds of builds depending on stat distribution which make some forms more or less viable.
You know, I was thinking about this as well. Should druid be int based? Should it be flexible to allow for different builds/multiclassing? Should it have abilities that redistribute stats?

I believe that the transforming should redistribute stats but the abilities should be based on either level or all combined stats. This allows the most flexibility.

Also, I don't think we need another class with a full spell list. Perhaps the generic "special move" can cast a spell based on what creature you're polymorphed as. I had a full druid idea post somewhere, but I'm unsure what direction druids should go.
I think just redistributing stats would make or some interesting combinations and "meta"-strategies, but it wouls also mean that any stat distribution becomes meaningless, cause you can just go in a certain form to get whatever bonus you want. you want hp? Morph into a bear! you wand speed? A rabbit! MR? Hydra!
I think it would be more interesting if each form were to redistribute PART of the base stats and then give a bonus(or onus) to the stats affected. Maybe there could be a form that even'd str and dex but gave both a 15% increase while lessening int by 20%. depending on the specific base stat allocation it would make for a more diverse build.
And maybe the druid doesn't need too many more spells, but I feel it would be better to brainstorm some stuff either way. The "plant" magic ideas I gave earlier could be considered "summonning" spells, when you think about it. It's basically a "paralyse" ward, a healing ward and a "sleep+charm" ward. we could add a carnivorous plant, or the possibility of summonning an ent/wood golem that gains bonus like intrinsic ash/ebony/silverleaf bonuses depending on int.
Int should be very important for a caster/melee hybrid like druid. I'm trying to use that philosophy to figure out some good balanced Paladin and BattleMage. The Bard could use some of it too, as I'm imgining him using nothing but buffs, debuffs and CC type abilities(and I guess he'll need to make do with staves... good support/multiclass option it'll have to be!).
newmagna

Post by newmagna »

on that topic, i think we should start discussing what we could expect of the other two melee/magic hybrids discussed here: the battlemage and the paladin(i'm not mentioning the bard cause it's so damn uniquein this context).
regardless of which becomes what in whatever way if egg decides to grace us mortals with appreciation and indulge our mindless fantasies a little by implementing these ideas into game, by whatever name, we should discuss what, in the context of EUO could become a well balanced class that fills in the gap created by the other classes' existence.
In my head I imagine the paladin as a counterpart to the cleric, a class more suited to soloing than partying, with the ability to debuff multiple opponents around it and dispatch it with melee. status effects are this guy's best friend. Slowing his opponents, weakening his opponents, making them bleed and be unable to heal, hindering magical abilities, decrasing accuracy of ranged attacks, setting up ward-like effects on a static ares, all the while using low cost rage attacks to finish them off.
And then there's the Battlemage. I've been reading Kings Avatar and Campione! lately, so I can't say I'm unbiased when it comes to defining what a battle mage is. I'm imaging a class that uses low mana-cost attacks and weapon buffs to deal elemental/magic damage in close quarters, plus some CC type spells, like a black hole, single target stunning, blowaway effects.
I'm also imagining druids using axes, BMs using spears and Pallys using swords.
eggmceye
hello

Post by eggmceye »

I'd just like to say in this fine thread full of fine posters that I've actually started working on a Druid class.

Thanks Comet, newmagna, 1 & keighn for some good druid posts. I've been thinking about druids (and bards too) since roughly 2009 I think, but I never got far beyond the WoW style druid that could be either a tank, dps or healer.
Tink

Post by Tink »

I usually play a Paladin/Priest in games.
It would be cool to see the Paladin have multiple viable setups, such as a Diablo Hammerdin, where you can summon magical AOE hammers that smack stuff while you're scooting along.
Maybe have "stances" for a more party setup, like a Holy Paladin from WoW. Where you can buff your party, and debuff mobs and support. Or you can switch over to an offense based paladin and solo.
I feel like priests kind of fill the roll of "paladin" though. Considering the weapon and armor choice most priests use.. Would be neat to see a rework of priests to play more like a caster.. But that would need a lot of work.

Edit - To stop EUO from becoming WoW 2D, could roll priest/paladin into one, and make a "Cleric" and work from there. Heavy armor, more weapon choices, and some cool niche abilities.