Future classes!

Moderator: EUO Moderators

Thane
I once posted in TFIOOC!

Future classes!

Post by Thane »

So theirs this file in the game folder with all the classes + unreleased classes, the druid i had heard about but necromancer, ranger, bard, avatar, and PALADIN? Woo :D Paladin ! Yeah ! I'm hoping the Paladin will be more than just a fighter/healer multiclass though x.x

Also another text doc with all the of races.. + golems ? Golems will be a playable race ? O.o Like...Dwarf slaves ?
May your beard be ever soaked in ale rather than vomit
SiNeR
I once posted in TFIOOC!

Re: Future classes!

Post by SiNeR »

paladin? LAUGHING OUT LOUD LIKE A MORON fighter + priest = paladin?
"we are elite, you are not!!"
-goblin elite
Grunkk
Tune in next time & see how they do it.

Post by Grunkk »

And that's hilarious?...
On a search to find the meaning of life... Oh wait, to get to level 450!
Thane
I once posted in TFIOOC!

Post by Thane »

Thats how a lot of games do it :( especially multiclass ones, it becomes more like a title switch. Egg said something about possibly removing multi classing all together somewhere. Love it when paladin is a genuine class and not just two other classes that share a few skills.
eggmceye
hello

Post by eggmceye »

Removing multiclassing is a pipe-dream I have when I want euo to be more traditional, tho most of the time I couldn't care less and just prefer everyone to be having fun
Keighn
Stop posting already --;

Post by Keighn »

Suggesting unique abilities for a class might help.

Did the druid ever get too far in development?
I'd generally suggest that paladins become the "vampire bane." I haven't played in a long bit now and have no idea how nasty skeletuns and vampires players are. Just model Paladins after Van Helsing.

Druds - shamanistic/tribal nature beings

Bards I thought were being worked on but I'm not even sure there are still instrument pics in the tiles.

Rangers - I dunno, the old style angry forest hermit hippie 99er against humanity is ok, but perhaps a more Indianna Jones dude would be better (I've always wanted to whip items out of peoples hands and swing across chasms).

I thought necromancers were a done deal.

I'd dig around for all the entries about future classes but I'm just not that fond of the new fangled laptops. Ah, the old days of P2s and P3s... alas.

Newer classes:
Mentalist/Psychic - meh seems kinda like a priest/mage of a different color although, manipulating objects around controlling the minds of enemies via possession would be different.

Illusionist - the more powerful you get the more real the illsuions effect the environment /targets.

Artilleryman (use of siege weapons, wagon, towers -- pity they probably wouldn't fit in a dungeon)

I just don't know what would work. Everything seems so combat related which is fine for mindless hacking and slashing.
ZUPS!!!!
Grunkk
Tune in next time & see how they do it.

Post by Grunkk »

Or have illusions be a new circle for mages/priests/druids to use. It might stop some mages bitching for a while atleast.
On a search to find the meaning of life... Oh wait, to get to level 450!
Thane
I once posted in TFIOOC!

Post by Thane »

No keighn NO! A class should not be modeled around another class especially for PvP purposes ! The classic paladin is a holy knight, sure they are very good VS undead and evil in general (i.e. every enemy in the game) but so is anyone else with fire or silver or bashing weapon. Having some MINOR abilities to better fight evil would be great, like how priest gets to bless maces, Paladins could ignite there weapon in holy fire, or a silver coating, which would be really cool if it worked with Crossbows too but those arnt really a paladin thing unless you play...TIBIA....

Paladins should have heightened magic resistance but lower AS and HP, which will be compensated for with frequent magic to Smite foes, buff/heal himself, he'll need to use enough magic to warrant investment into Int and Vigour gear which will put him behind Fighters as far as direct combat goes.

To bad there are no passive perks based on class :(...
Eclips
egg has really fucked this game up :(

Post by Eclips »

There are too passive perks. Fighters have tactics, and Rogues get dodge. Monks get higher crit rate and bonus Def for wearing all UA.
Keighn
Stop posting already --;

Post by Keighn »

I only throw out scraps of ideas and that post of mine was too long as it was. I suppose if I really wanted to put some effort into it I'd just go through my resources of other games (computer and non + books and legend) and build a small framework for a holy knight. I'd prefer someone else brainstorm so I can guess what the playerbase actually enjoys. Those who have read my older posts know I usually have overcomplicated ideas.
Last edited by Keighn on Mon Jan 21, 2013 9:15 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Thane
I once posted in TFIOOC!

Post by Thane »

Eclips wrote:There are too passive perks. Fighters have tactics, and Rogues get dodge. Monks get higher crit rate and bonus Def for wearing all UA.
I mean something more a long the lines of 'immunity to disease/poison' which is a common Paladin thing, but it could be turned into something like Tactics for a paladin, becoming immune/resistant to certain effects as it raises.

Its difficult to work in classes that basically ARE hybrids, in a game that already has multi-classing =/ might have to strip away some of the fighter/priest viability.
Keighn
Stop posting already --;

Post by Keighn »

I still think something completely unique to the class. I agree with the MR thing. Its a tad D&Dish but some other games like bardstale exclaimed paladins had great magic resistance. I don't recall off the bat what Might & Magic stated for them other than hybridism. I've always thought euo would stray from diablo so no auras.

Holy Sword(or weapon)
New weapon Lances (increased damage via horseback)
Increased % MR
Immunity seems a bit much but perhaps a % to be immune per level.
BNS dmg versus Undead an Demonkind (most unholy of the bunch)

I'd say nay to healing but perhaps a +10-15% bandaging skill
+20% meditation (they pray a lot anyways perhaps higher)
Unique Paladin prayers:
Holy Might(bonus to AS/dmg)
Divine Light (combat special perhaps that weakens targets in a radius around the paladin maybe similar to a cleave but no damage or bleeding maybe a small bit of blindness)
Sanctify Object that removes curses

I dunno, haven't played in ages and find it more confusing the more I attempt to try again.
Last edited by Keighn on Mon Jan 21, 2013 9:15 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Turtle
Good morning, Captain.

Post by Turtle »

I can help bring you up to speed if I see you online... it took a good few play sessions for me to feel comfortable again.
Keighn
Stop posting already --;

Post by Keighn »

Somewhere in the mess of ideas and various threads were there not some ideas for new classes? I guess I could search them. I might also dig up the multiclassing threads. Back some time ago there were titles for dual classing (ie Battlemage, Ranger, etc...) Anyone remember the link to those or care to bring that up?

I will admit, it seems everyone under the sun seems to go with primary class - priest class for healing. Come on guys diversify a little.

I found some links:
*/Mage and */Rogue desireability ideas
alpha server - player classes mod(s)
Druid/Shaman Class?
Ideas thread 2011
egg's todo list
RFC- EUO EQUIPMENT TILES & IDEAS
Ideas thread 2008
Dual Skill Titles
The Ultimate Skills / Classes (1.1?) Thread
Ideas Thread 2010 - Necromancer

Still trying to find the old *subclass thing that was in old pd or alpha. It was basically a title for two or more classes put together (ie. Fighter/Mage = battlemage, stealth+ua = hidden fist, stealth+archer = sniper, etc...)
SiNeR
I once posted in TFIOOC!

Post by SiNeR »

link to class ideas from NG manual

http://euotopia.com/manual/index.php/Class_Ideas
"we are elite, you are not!!"
-goblin elite
Keighn
Stop posting already --;

Post by Keighn »

Considering starting a thread on Multiclassing but I'll search first. I'm guessing most players only like /priest. I don't think I've tested every possibility.
Arkhan
LAUGHING OUT LOUD LIKE A MORON

Post by Arkhan »

Traditional class structure would be more fun, and promote moar role playing, if you ask me.

I'd rather be some defender of light, smiting down the undead, as opposed to some meathead that happens to know how to cast magic bandaid spells on himself.
Who the hell is General Failure, and WHY is he reading my disk!?
Keighn
Stop posting already --;

Post by Keighn »

Usually each class that has "spells" has 2. So perhaps divide it into Oaths & Grace. Most of the good names are taken (ie. piety, divinity, sanctity).

Paladin:
1. Oaths
2. Grace??
Lances, fighter weapons

Druid:
1. Totems
2. Beastmastery?

Necromancer:
1. Necromancy

Barbarian:
Thick skin, increased rage, dual wield
Fighter weapons, military picks

Ranger: (perhaps think hunter from bardstale)
Increased Critical hits, ranged, + fighter weapons (or nix it and use whips, boomerangs, chakrums, (just plain throwing weapons), somethin else)

Illusionist:
Illusions
Psionics

#class short parent manatype armour weight desc skills->
nercomancer n p m u x
druid d p m l x
paladin P f m m x
ranger R f r m x
bard b r m l x

I honestly don't know if anyone is still interested in these ideas.
Keighn
Stop posting already --;

Post by Keighn »

Skeletun Bard or Djanno when he's rocking it hard! :rebel:
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Keighn
Stop posting already --;

Post by Keighn »

Haha found the damn bard clips I wanted after all these years:

So as you can see.. bards are dangerous esp when possessed by demons.