The Missing Quests Thread

Moderator: EUO Moderators

Catherine
English correct bastard.

The Missing Quests Thread

Post by Catherine »

Synopsis: there's many a missing quest (largely due to authors not supplying dialogue / the quest itself on sending maps in) in EUO, so here's a thread to note the most obvious ones. Author admits full liability for any in her own maps. I'll put them into a rough format, with a subjective difficulty rating on them.

Map: Frogtowne
NPC: Karen (guard)
Friendly: Yes
Target / Destination: None
Dialogue written: None
Brief Overview: NPC states "Don't tell them I'm here"; suggest this be a 'find person' quest from Shoreline
Mobs: Level has large amounts of liches / demons / ULs, although possible to avoid anything above a lich for this quest
Level Range: Medium / High

~Apparently already used for Class quests.

Map: Lillyville
NPC: King Snake (snake)
Friendly: No
Brief Overview: Suggest this be a kill quest from Izumi Guards
Mobs: Snakes
Level Range: Low

Map: Slyvenguard
NPC: Apprentice Mage (mage)
Brief Overview: Suggest this be a kill quest
Mobs: Sword / Xbow golems, cultists
Level Range: Medium High

Map: Slyvenguard
NPC: Master Mage (cultist)
Mobs: Sword / Xbow golems, cultists
Level Range: Medium High

Map: Brownthorne's Castle
NPC: Lady Stink (mage / boss UL)
Mobs: Undead Fighters, Undead Jesters
Level Range: High

Map: Brownthorne's Castle
NPC: Brownthorne (Brownthorne)
Mobs: Undead Fighters, Undead Jesters

Map: Tangled Forest
NPC: Trell (Druid)
Target: Yes - Boss Thief in map 'Under the Tangled Forest' "84, 88"
Dialogue written: Yes, barring target line ~ see 'barrow' which leads to 'south-east' - this should trigger an "investigate" quest > NPC in Barrow, "bandits" > Quest ordained to kill them). So Trell > Aelfric > Bandit Boss.
Brief Overview: NPC has dialogue stating Barrow has been woken by thieves - target quest to kill bandit king
Mobs: thieves / low humans + puzzle sub-dungeon

Map: Tangled Forest
NPC: Alareena (Nixie)
Target: Gem placeholder 'Under Forest's Heart, Caves' "55, 88"; note - surrounding tiles require NoBlink tags to prevent people getting through the barrier without the quest.
Dialogue written: No
Brief Overview: NPC should have dialogue about stolen hair brush, leads to UL caverns
Mobs: ULs / Balrons
Note: you'll see that the walls here have 100's of Black Pearls + peer gems in them ~ that's 'cause the gem sprites didn't exist then. In a perfect world, they'd be replaced by random assortments of gems

Map: University / Valley of Trolls
NPC: Required
Target / Destination: VoT - several altars in hidden Temple maps (Moon, Sun, Sky)
Brief Overview: Large quest requiring player to <a>pply to altars in each hidden temple to provide <key> to magical barrier at the top of the plateau;
Mobs: Golems, Demons, Shadow Warriors
Note: >>I'm happy to write this

Map: Cammerata Keep / Valley of Trolls
NPC: Lord Bryon / Daughter / Evil Master-Mind
Target / Destination: VoT - past ruined Castle, in small valley
Brief Overview: Rescue the daughter from evil bad guy; a lot of the back-story is already written in the notes in hidden bases / books around the levels
Mobs: Golems
Level Range: med / high
Note: >>I'm happy to write this

Map: Anathma
NPC: Various Boss mobs: Boss UL, Hydra, Demon - I've a feeling that the last Balron in the Dark Tower / Suffering fork is supposed to be a boss, but isn't (look at the room layout etc)
Brief Overview: Kill quests on various mini-bosses
Mobs: Various ~ anything up to dragons
Level Range: med / high

Map: Orc's Desert
NPC: Exa
Target / Destination: Pyramid Boss (Boss Mummy?) Inside Orc's Desert "13, 24"
Brief Overview: Kill quest on Pyramid Boss; there are NPCs in Orc's Desert - I suggest Exa gives it
Mobs: Various low level Undead + Puzzles
Level Range: Low / Med

NPC: David
Target / Destination: Cazer (Boss Wizard) 'Orc's Desert' "186, 85"
Dialogue written: Intro line only - David mentions Cazer; nothing else however
Brief Overview: Kill quest on tower boss
Mobs: Various low level stuff; mostly safe behind force fields
Level Range: Low / Med

NPC: Sparks (Goblin Shaman)
Target / Destination: Warden (Boss Ogre) 'Inside Orc's Desert' "64,62"
Brief Overview: There's back story about the friendly orcs vrs unfriendly cave orcs; map has friendly (blue) orcs on it - rescue / kill quest to return captured friendlies
Mobs: Goblins / Orcs, single Ogre

NPC: Sparks (Goblin Shaman)
Target / Destination: Troll (Boss Troll) 'Inside Orc's Desert' "146,91"
Brief Overview: There's back story about the friendly orcs vrs unfriendly cave orcs; if you go all the way through this long linear map you find a single troll. I suggest he's the boss / leader of the evil orc tribe. There's a suggestion of mining + underground lake / escape...
Mobs: Goblins / Orcs, low undead, about a billion miles of pointless tunnels

Map: Desert Tower
NPC: Balam (Demon)
Target / Destination: N/A
Brief Overview: Boss mob, has Flame Strike special
Mobs: Goblins / Orcs, monstrous humanoids / mages
Level Range: Low / med

Map: Fort Grunthos
NPC: Lugnuts (Ettin Warlord)
Brief Overview: Boss mob
Mobs: Goblins / Orcs, monstrous humanoids

Map: Fort Grunthos
NPC: Firriz (Hellcat)
Brief Overview: Boss mob
Mobs: Goblins / Orcs, monstrous humanoids

I'll post more if I remember / discover them.

Is the format for NPCs still excel sheets?
Last edited by Catherine on Sat Sep 01, 2012 10:33 pm, edited 6 times in total.
MoonGoat
Good morning, Captain.

Re: The Missing Quests Thread

Post by MoonGoat »

Isnt Karen one of Byrons advisors quests to find?
"When life gives you lemons, don't make lemonade. Make life take the lemons back! Get mad! I don't want your damn lemons, what am I supposed to do with these? Demand to see life's manager! Make life rue the day it thought it could give Cave Johnson lemons! Do you know who I am? I'm the man who's gonna burn your house down! With the lemons! I'm gonna get my engineers to invent a combustible lemon that burns your house down!"
―Cave Johnson
qwerty
Kodiak has probably banned me by now.

Post by qwerty »

Here's some NPC's i've noticed that don't seem to have a quest (may be intentional, or might be that I haven't found the quest yet)...
- Broden at Broden's Keep.
- Patrick at Bakyre (says "who do I remind you of?").
- Lich in the Dead Forest ("to find the lich you must find the dead souls").
- Aelfric in Tangled Forest.
- Alareena in Tangled Forest.
- Titianna in Ogre Town.
- Jamingo at Rivers End.
- Xaphan at Rivers End.

Also - maybe quests or maybe I just don't know what they are:
There's a hidden town that says "you need the Book of Power to enter"
A pirate ship near Djanno's Shack that I can't enter (is it a guild maybe?).
A portal surrounded by the void that I can't get to.
There seems to be no quests at Braemere or Orc's Desert.
...and where is Frogtowne?
Reg: ybwen (fighter), Doover (mage), Unicornator (rogue) PD: Vizzini NG: Marklar.

Often had you come here and sat for hours at a time, hoping to once again see the shimmering blue door that would allow you to return to Britannia.
Catherine
English correct bastard.

Post by Catherine »

qwerty wrote:Here's some NPC's i've noticed that don't seem to have a quest (may be intentional, or might be that I haven't found the quest yet)...
- Broden at Broden's Keep.Old player
- Patrick at Bakyre (says "who do I remind you of?").Based on the leader of a band that Kybare liked, I think?
- Lich in the Dead Forest ("to find the lich you must find the dead souls").You can find the treasure room, with x4 liches in it, but perhaps a boss lich would be an idea
- Aelfric in Tangled Forest. Remind me who this is... if it's the Undead Phantom, he already gives you crucial information, if it's the Undead Barrow, covered by Trell (see above)
- Alareena in Tangled Forest. No idea who this is! (and I made the map + wrote the NPCs for it)
- Titianna in Ogre Town.Yep, she should have a couple of quests, leading up to opening the field right at the bottom to get the gem fragment - part of a never-done "evil questline"
- Jamingo at Rivers End.No idea who this is!
- Xaphan at Rivers End.No idea who this is!

Also - maybe quests or maybe I just don't know what they are:
There's a hidden town that says "you need the Book of Power to enter" DM land
A pirate ship near Djanno's Shack that I can't enter (is it a guild maybe?).Guild Hall
A portal surrounded by the void that I can't get to.Keign's Madness, doesn't go anywhere
There seems to be no quests at Braemere or Orc's Desert.Braemere is player housing; Orc's Desert I noted above
...and where is Frogtowne?It's under Crust the Bandit's place - be warned, it's an old school map, and has random hard monsters amidst low level ones

I though of one more, Tangled Forest, "Balron Cream / Ire".
qwerty
Kodiak has probably banned me by now.

Post by qwerty »

- Aelfric in Tangled Forest. Remind me who this is... if it's the Undead Phantom, he already gives you crucial information, if it's the Undead Barrow, covered by Trell (see above)
Yeah, it's a phantom in "the barrow of Aelfric” in the first part of the tangled forest.
- Alareena in Tangled Forest. No idea who this is! (and I made the map + wrote the NPCs for it)
Nixie in the heart of the forest (bottom left corner).
Reg: ybwen (fighter), Doover (mage), Unicornator (rogue) PD: Vizzini NG: Marklar.

Often had you come here and sat for hours at a time, hoping to once again see the shimmering blue door that would allow you to return to Britannia.
eggmceye
hello

Post by eggmceye »

I disagree that every npc needs a quest, eg broden, and that every named spawn needs a kill for it.

Otherwise good thread, I wouldn't mind cleaning all that up.
Catherine
English correct bastard.

Post by Catherine »

qwerty wrote:
Nixie in the heart of the forest (bottom left corner).

Ahh, I remember now. I think there was a quest about finding her lost hairbrush (a tribute / piss-take of Little Mermaid) but not sure I ever sent the dialogue for it. I'll look if she has any at all.

Remembered - added to first post

eggmceye wrote:I disagree that every npc needs a quest, eg broden, and that every named spawn needs a kill for it.

Otherwise good thread, I wouldn't mind cleaning all that up.

Cool beans ~ I'll list all the stuff I can find; even if you don't want a kill quest attached to each, may as well have them as 'known but no quest'. As a side note: if the named mobs aren't quest kills, would it be a good idea to give them boss loot? A lot, notably most of anathema's, don't even drop boss chests :--;:

(1st post edited, additional)
Gulnar
on lolpatrol

Post by Gulnar »

Link to an old post of mine with some missing quests & quest suggestions:
viewtopic.php?f=12&t=3047&p=59962&hilit=tangled#p59962

A bunch of the missing quests in that post have been fixed. The big outstanding ones are the Tangled Forest barrow that Cat mentioned in detail upthread, and the Balron's Ire in Tangled Forest that Cat mentioned briefly. Balron's Ire seems to have all the conversation in place, and only lacked a trigger to turn the balron hostile.

qwerty mentioned Xaphan (in River's End) upthread. That's the balron at the end of RE, and there's some dialogue with the minotaur Silence (hiding in Skull Fortress) that's just begging to be turned into a quest to kill Xaphan.
kaiser's Tranos: The rulers of the aceint times lands, the most powerfull and feared carnovours, or whore they.
Gulnar
on lolpatrol

Post by Gulnar »

Just went into Cassandra's Tower for the first time in a long time. That place used to be the Newbie Dungeon before the Newbie Dungeon; lots of informative signs about basic gameplay and what not. Not that the game really needs more low-level quests, but it'd be cool to have somebody outside the tower tell you to go look for Cassandra at the top of the tower (not a quest), and then have Cassandra send you off to the 5 portals in the northeast part of the ground floor map. Get some kind of token after finishing each portal, and return them to Cassandra as a quest.
kaiser's Tranos: The rulers of the aceint times lands, the most powerfull and feared carnovours, or whore they.