Lord Morty's scripting/engine requests and ideas

Moderator: EUO Moderators

LordMortiferus
MACRO > me

Lord Morty's scripting/engine requests and ideas

Post by LordMortiferus »

Spawned mob remembers it's ranged attack value instead of getting it from the db during AI -egg

Commands for LUA-scripts:
1) set attack type (melee, range)
2) set ammo type to arrows, bullets, rocks or any item
3) hide name after m:set_name
4) hide healthbar

Reasons and thoughts:
1) For example, being able to switch the attack type of a mob at random in a heartbeatfunction would offer more variety for possible mini bosses and it would be a good alternative to changing the m.code.
2) Changing the sprite of the projectile could be fun like having a mad dwarf who throws mining utilities at you.
3) I have to following piece of code for a spawner:
m.code = 0x43d -- changes sprite into a maptile
m:set_name("Lava")
m.immobile=true
m:learn_spell("vf")
This would change a mob I placed over a lava tile into a maptile which has no sprite at all, so only the lava would be visible as the attacking source. Without the m:set_name the attacker would be labeled maptile (attacked by maptile) which looks weird and with m:set_name there would also be the name above the mob like it were a boss which I would prefer not to be seen.
4) As an addition to 3) to hide name and healthbar without making the mob itself invisible like m:set_health(HN_INVISIBLE,-1) does.
LordMortiferus
MACRO > me

Re: Lord Morty's scripting/engine requests and ideas

Post by LordMortiferus »

Functions to "get" and "set" undertiles via lua would be nice.
Reason why I am bringing this up is to write loadmap functions to set undertiles in existing maps under newly converted maptiles (see this post by Riki/CIAassassin). Could be used in the long run to reduce the tile palette, like removing multiple windows and columns, e.g. in favour for shoreline tiles with dirt to smooth out lava fields.
LordMortiferus
MACRO > me

Re: Lord Morty's scripting/engine requests and ideas

Post by LordMortiferus »

Three digit maptiles working in combination with 0x43d, e.g. 0x1070043d or here.

Furthermore, I would like to be able to draw the aspect of the yeti splash animation using simple_send_event - At least I never got it to work, so I guess it is not possible with lua at the moment...

If feasible some kind of sleep function for funcs.lua.
Thanks in advance!