Official alpha server thread

Moderator: EUO Moderators

Keighn
Stop posting already --;

Re: alpha server - now testing dwarves, undead, golems

Post by Keighn »

Hard to tell, but i think the ettin skeletons need to turn their heads more. It doesn't look like they move at all.
WbBann
Here for the lesbians.

Post by WbBann »

I kind of feel Golems are the weakest race atm... Even though I got 4.4k mr at lvl 195 on my alpha char, all the 15s and 20s really do add up and kill me before I can kill them. It feels the only way a Golem can progress is with a healer on his backside all the time, which is hard because of the playerbase. (maybe golems could get a decent damage boost to help them solo pvp easier?)

The skeletun is more useful as he can heal and still as tons of mr at his disposle, my lvl 197 has 1.8k mr and loads of hp and can still damage things quite nicely. (all the perks like immune are just a bonus) I really like the dwarves revision also.
Last edited by WbBann on Tue Oct 12, 2010 3:18 am, edited 1 time in total.
Eclips
egg has really fucked this game up :(

Post by Eclips »

Magnavox wrote:
eggmceye wrote:GOLEMS
* 5x mr
* 2x def
* 0 mana all the time
* cannot eat or drink pots, but beer is ok (think bender from futurama), however they don't get the benefits from beer as dwarves do
* immune to choking, poison, drowning, bleeding
Since there is no pots (so no cyan), and no mana (so no mages), how do you get the Pocketwatch Quest? And bandages don't work on Golems, but that one was kinda expected since you can't use bandys on a golem anway.
I think theres room to have someone make you a portal.
TheOneGuy
Post in swahili or SHUT THE FUCK UP!

Post by TheOneGuy »

undead are really powerful high MR and can be casters very nice combo
Love golems the no healing is a bitch though almost got 10K MR!!! the high MR and no healing level them out as a race
all i want is a test server for maped then ill be happy ...
Keighn
Stop posting already --;

Post by Keighn »

I imagine once golem repair kits work healing will be less of a problem.
TheOneGuy

Post by TheOneGuy »

i think golem repair kits should have a caped heal like 300 or maybe 25% hp or 10% hp every second for 5 seconds
Magnavox
I once posted in TFIOOC!

Post by Magnavox »

Eclips wrote:
Magnavox wrote:
eggmceye wrote:GOLEMS
* 5x mr
* 2x def
* 0 mana all the time
* cannot eat or drink pots, but beer is ok (think bender from futurama), however they don't get the benefits from beer as dwarves do
* immune to choking, poison, drowning, bleeding
Since there is no pots (so no cyan), and no mana (so no mages), how do you get the Pocketwatch Quest? And bandages don't work on Golems, but that one was kinda expected since you can't use bandys on a golem anway.
I think theres room to have someone make you a portal.
There is only 1 spot in there to make a TP and it's already taken by a TP that takes you into the big room, you have to IP or Cyan there, and as a Golem, you can't.
There are 5 levels of fatness.
1. Big
2. Healthy
3. Husky
4. Fluffy
and
5. DAMN!
Keighn
Stop posting already --;

Post by Keighn »

Actually, there is 1 spot (the pillow) that can have a tp on it. Other than that, I guess a golem is boned on that quest. I'm not entires sure undead have enough penalties though. Since monster don't cast AXC or wield silver what is there is completely moot or at the very least, a minor inconvenience.
Magnavox
I once posted in TFIOOC!

Post by Magnavox »

I retract what I said about the cyan potions, they do work as a Golem. No need for pillow TP's.
There are 5 levels of fatness.
1. Big
2. Healthy
3. Husky
4. Fluffy
and
5. DAMN!
Grunkk
Tune in next time & see how they do it.

Post by Grunkk »

Golems are actually, imo, Overpowered. I can solo shadows and everything now, in any other class i can't. Liu and a few other lvl 100 golems soloed BM easily.

And just with me and liu and maybe a couple of healer wards, we can easily run through CoS killing anything and everything.
On a search to find the meaning of life... Oh wait, to get to level 450!
Grunkk

Post by Grunkk »

Btw egg, the old skeletons are nice aswell (Skeletun Jester, Grateful Dead, Skeletun, Skeletun mage etc.)
TheOneGuy

Post by TheOneGuy »

Grunkk wrote:Golems are actually, imo, Overpowered. I can solo shadows and everything now, in any other class i can't. Liu and a few other lvl 100 golems soloed BM easily.

And just with me and liu and maybe a couple of healer wards, we can easily run through CoS killing anything and everything.

thats not op you need to use healing wards ...

andi i was with that BM party it was slower than average bm partys you have to take that into account if i solo bm (takes me like 5 hours -.- ) its not that same as when a party of 250+'s do it in 45 min
Grunkk

Post by Grunkk »

Yeah but when a party of 250s solo bm, they might get a lvl each. When a party of 100s do it, they might get 5 :D
eggmceye
hello

Post by eggmceye »

it's obvious golems are op

say you roll a fighter, here are your choices:

golem: 2x def, 5x mr, limited healing (assume this will be improved)
dwarf: +15% hp, +15%str
drac: +10% dmg, +15%mr
ht: dw / regen
can't be bothered typing the rest but the point is clear

golem needs complete rethink or simply scratching. maybe
- reasonable MR boost (as in on par with other races)
- reasonable def boost
- can be healed with tinkering skill, golem kits or w/e
- upgrades thru tinkering?
- some race specific ability?

While on the face of it no mana/magic seems good, it introduces yet another fighter race.
WbBann
Here for the lesbians.

Post by WbBann »

Golems are OP if they have a healer by them all the time, weak when solo.... As the 10s and 15s add up damage and you cant do anything. Skeletuns will be better as they have 2x mr (means mages can get 6k+ mr) and can cast... So yeah maybe better off canning the golem race if that's what you think.

Hmm the thing they start off as a weak golem but get upgraded through tinkering is decent I suppose... Maybe you could make it go melee path, monk path or caster path through tinkering?
Keighn
Stop posting already --;

Post by Keighn »

WbBann wrote:Golems are OP if they have a healer by them all the time, weak when solo.... As the 10s and 15s add up damage and you cant do anything.
That's complete bullox. They're weaker solo but not weak by anymean. I'm sure the same argument was given for golem pets for a long while. Vamp weapon (exp with xmp enchant), ring of regeneration, healing wards work just fine with golem. Possible pet that heals as well might work too.
TheOneGuy

Post by TheOneGuy »

Grunkk wrote:Yeah but when a party of 250s solo bm, they might get a lvl each. When a party of 100s do it, they might get 5 :D
i get like 70% not a level and 100's get about 1.5 -2 levels not 5 -.-(unless you back track ... alot)

my thoughts on Undead solid even race maybe give them 1.5X mr not 2X because it will be op for mages ... tons of undead mages running around maybe there MR could be all stats give the same MR + for them so str and Dex would add the same amount of MR as int? but then there would be no undead mages causes theres little point ... any way just a thought

i really like the idea of tinkering giving them buffs

what if golems had no real class they were 100% golem for there class or what ever and they got skills/ buffs /stats/levels via tinkering and other skills you get 1,000 steel ingots and make a +30 def item that adds it to them "Greater steel Plating of Def +5(torso)" golem items would not drop and would only be made via crafting any way thats kinda somthing i thought would be fun
Keighn
Stop posting already --;

Post by Keighn »

I was thinking about suggesting a perk for dwarves but they seem to have plenty. Perhaps I'll reserve this for golems. Wielding 2 handed weapons 1 handed for normal damage. Wielding them 2 handed for a damage increase. 1 handed with speed penalty.

Originally i was going to suggest this for dwarves and axes as that seems the cannon weapon for them.
Grunkk

Post by Grunkk »

For teh LAUGHING OUT LOUD LIKE A MORON
Idk what to call the angel though, Un-dead angel? Skeleton Angel? Isn't an angel technically "dead".. And if so, Would it be called a Living angel?
Skeletunss.PNG
There's the weird goblin-thing with a big-ass staff, and the angel-thing, There's a choice between Ribcage and Non-ribcage :3.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Manson
Kodiak has probably banned me by now.

Post by Manson »

Just a thought, but maybe dwarves should get a bonus for mining and smithing and axes.... i mean an xp% bonus on that skill