Official alpha server thread

Moderator: EUO Moderators

Keighn
Stop posting already --;

Re: Official alpha server thread

Post by Keighn »

I must play this map fully before I leave euo. Even on alpha.
treos
I once posted in TFIOOC!

Post by treos »

LordMortiferus wrote:
treos wrote: [..] overall, a fun journey therough ToLS aside from that buggy end which we all eventually gave up on.

still though, we tanked both Jira AND CHernobog (Chernoborg?) which was quite the achievement. ^_^
I am glad you enjoyed your adventure in ToLS. However, I am sorry to hear that you had technical troubles with the scripted monsters. When you active the switch in Jiras lair the doors should open permanently, until a new Jira spawns. As far as I remember, the Titan sends one party member to another map during the battle (at this point the reflection should show in the mirror). On this level you have to kill his "Will" and only then you can kill the Titan for good.

Chernobog, is a slavic deity, it is also the antagonist in the Blood games and has an appearance as the black devil in Walt Disney's Fanatasia. Jira is a reference to Gojira, better known as Godzilla.

well, earlier this morning me and another guy (lvl 1000 and...sorry, i forgot his name) went through to the titan together.

ok, the lag issue with the spell caster classes NEEDS to be addressed. after a while i just got fed up with the lag and stopped fighting entirely and let the necro i was with do all the work. with that Hail of Bones spell being used a lot, the lag got so severe that even the chat was lagging by no less than 30 seconds on my end. and it's only when large amounts of spells are being flung around that i lag so severely. unless it's just a bad connection quality at the time on my end and for the most part i doubt that was the case.

alright, with that out of the way...

we eventually wound our way to jira's room (hard to remember everything with how massive that place is) and i witnessed a lone necromancer slaughter the poor creature faster and easier than my and eleven's combined efforts. the lag was epic but after a few minutes jira fell. more roaming around and me cursing my poor memory and we found our way to the titan.

there is so much lag with that hail of bones speel that a single person spamming it can render the game all but unplayable for others in the party.

anyway... we reach and start fighting the titan (well, i say we but really it was that lone necro as i had given up on any hope at participating in combat a bit before that point) and... the dude starts hammering the titan just like he did poor jira. within moments of the fight beginning the 1st hand appears. soon after, the mirror activates and after a bit of confusion we both wind up inside wondering where to go when the necro hits the portal on the far side of the room and slays the titan's Will within seconds. yes, this time that mirror did work. well, after the Will fell it was hardly any time before the necro slaughtered the titan.

this dude was insane. i mean crazier than your insanity, Keighn! he wanted to do EPIC titan...

well...i sat around in nord while he stealthed his way to jira... after a few tries and getting 1-hit killed by that nuke wave or something he got sick of epic jira and skipped it. another short waiting period then we were back at the titan's room.

ok, after seeing how this guy handled the epic titan, i can safely say that the epic version IS doable but it would take no less than a party of 4.

2 hit & run experts who are very good at stealth attacks and 2 for ASAP resurrections. 1 ress party member per attacker. have the attackers alternate and maintain a constant flow of damage with the other 2 rezzing the attackers as need within seconds of each death.

epic titan's regen is so insanely high that within 5 secounds it could go from 1/2 to full hp. and MAYBE a 5th to rush the mirror while the 1st 2 keep the titan and his hand busy.

it IS doable but holy F will it be hard.

"Chernobog, is a slavic deity, it is also the antagonist in the Blood games and has an appearance as the black devil in Walt Disney's Fanatasia. Jira is a reference to Gojira, better known as Godzilla."

think i first learned about Chernabog in one of the Digital Devil Saga...the 2nd game on PS2. that dude was an...interesting fight. he'd impail himself to summon clones of your party members then become invulnerable until said shadows were slain. dude is not a friendly deity and should be avoided whenever possible. oh and those shadows would have all the same abilities as the party member they copied.

so yeah, pretty much a mirror battle in that game.
Keighn
Stop posting already --;

Post by Keighn »

Sounds cool. What's the xp ratio on alpha? I can't recall if it is higher than PD.

I was collecting data on xp of scripted mobs
treos
I once posted in TFIOOC!

Post by treos »

it might bet a bit higher than PD but i don't remember how high exactly.
eggmceye
hello

Post by eggmceye »

will post in updates too:

it's finally sunk in that hail of bones is a bit laggy ... so I checked it out and sure enough there is a lot of repetitious & unnecessary updates sent to players. So I trimmed it right back and hopefully about 2/3 less data is sent. And also it no longer gives 2x xp ! :knife:

treos, let me know if it's any better.
treos
I once posted in TFIOOC!

Post by treos »

eggmceye wrote:will post in updates too:

it's finally sunk in that hail of bones is a bit laggy ... so I checked it out and sure enough there is a lot of repetitious & unnecessary updates sent to players. So I trimmed it right back and hopefully about 2/3 less data is sent. And also it no longer gives 2x xp ! :knife:

treos, let me know if it's any better.
O_O oh YES! tyvm. i will check this ASAP when i find someone with a necro character willing to help test this.

edit: well, when other people are logged on... you'd think night time would be more active. maybe that's just on the weekends.
Last edited by treos on Thu Apr 06, 2017 2:30 pm, edited 1 time in total.
eggmceye
hello

Post by eggmceye »

is magic like VOG and quake still lag inducing?
treos
I once posted in TFIOOC!

Post by treos »

maybe? but i think that usually if theres more than one person spamming it a lot.

i'll know more when someone with a mage or necro logs on and i can party with them to check.

edit: ok, just tested HoB and VOG with the help of SpelalepS and good news, Egg. HoB now works FAR better. it now takes around 4 casts active at the same time for the lag to start building a bit which is a massive improvement from before where i'd lag in even 1 cast.

VOG being spammed is not too bad, maybe a little lag (i went to Kodiak's Test of Strength to test that with the daemons there. not too much on their own but with 1 cast of HoB the lag did go up a good bit and interfered with my actions a little.

so HoB now generates around 1/4 as much lag on it's own. VOG not much even with like 7 daemons spamming it. but VOG + HoB is still a bit laggy.
Keighn
Stop posting already --;

Post by Keighn »

You need like about 40-50 daemons ogging ya. Testing with a bunch of hellcats would work if you had 2 mega tanks to act as lightning rods.

Quake... hmmm.. hard to say. Might also depend on one's connection speed. Only bug I need to test out is that Master Mage in Sylvengard. I think alpha is perfect for that. I'll let you know if I can reproduce that flurry bug. (if it is a bug.. didn't Rusty make that tower?)
treos
I once posted in TFIOOC!

Post by treos »

true, connection speed is always something to consider. in my case it's a wi-fi (wifi?) shared connection which slows down depending on how many of us (me, my aunt, and uncle) are using it at the same time.

good place for testing earthquake might be kodiak's place of somewhere else with a bunch of white dragons.

as for tanking, copy over a high lvl fighter if you have one and make it a golem with "/race 9" and then you've4 got a super tank.

off topic but i wonder. are Wands of Amplification a weekly PD exclusive item or can they be found on other servers as well? not complaining of course but those are pretty useful (and even work on artifacts. could gather a bunch and max the +'s out on artifacts and make my golem even more OP than he already is. and he's already super tanky as it is (still not entirely sure about that 10k MR magic immunity though since even with 10k MR, jira and the titans moves still hurt a lot and i'm certainly not immune. o_O or maybe some of those special attacks aren't entirely MR related.)
Keighn
Stop posting already --;

Post by Keighn »

Amp wands can be made via enchanting. Dont work on all tints.
Max Increase
as/dmg +5
Stats +15
Mr +3
Nv +3
Def +3 or 4 i forget
Vig+15

Think thats it.

Tints usable:
Norm
Gold
Copper
Runed
Steel
Silver
Blackrock
Mithril i think

Think thats all. Check the manual

Not sure what blessed wands of amp do except no enchanting req to use. Seems exclusive to weekly like blessed id all scrolls.
eggmceye
hello

Post by eggmceye »

from the lastest class discussion thread

eggmceye wrote:
eggmceye wrote:
Anyway I've already tested it at home and it seems like a pretty good change. So hexblades go from being 10/90 str/dex to 10/90 str/int
I just pushed this mod out to the alpha server. Now you won't notice the stat dmg in your client stats window, as that req a patch - but the stat damage (and thaco/as bonus too) will be there in combat
also,
tinted hexblade works like a staff, as far as tint bonues go, for spells. so blackrock hexblade makes for more magic damage
Heikki
Tune in next time & see how they do it.

Post by Heikki »

Any luck we could get Alpha commands like.
/setxp (Set any amount of XP to character example: /setxp 1000000 gives 1000000xp to character)
/setskill (Set any amount of skill to character example: /setskill mining 100 would rise mining immediately to 100 )

So you could really fast test classes and skills if you want. Not even sure is there commands already like this.. but cannot find on tutorial.
Reg Heikki, Pyttipannu, Nappo
PD Soturi R.I.P , Taikuri, Rosvo

Joke of day:
A skeleton walks into a bar - orders a beer and a mop
Azalynn
Good morning, Captain.

Post by Azalynn »

eggmceye wrote:from the lastest class discussion thread

eggmceye wrote:
eggmceye wrote:
Anyway I've already tested it at home and it seems like a pretty good change. So hexblades go from being 10/90 str/dex to 10/90 str/int
I just pushed this mod out to the alpha server. Now you won't notice the stat dmg in your client stats window, as that req a patch - but the stat damage (and thaco/as bonus too) will be there in combat
also,
tinted hexblade works like a staff, as far as tint bonues go, for spells. so blackrock hexblade makes for more magic damage
So if you find a vamp scythe rondel or longsword it can be made into a necro weapon and used just like a staff for the same magic damage as a necro? :?
Regular
Thrall

PD
Thrall
Azalynn
Zyth
Tyrande
Azmodan
Elias
Az
Ass - LOTL
Zyth - LOTL
eggmceye
hello

Post by eggmceye »

yeh, tho I forgot about that :whistle:
Azalynn
Good morning, Captain.

Post by Azalynn »

Woooooow i never caught on to that, wtf LAUGHING OUT LOUD LIKE A MORON
Regular
Thrall

PD
Thrall
Azalynn
Zyth
Tyrande
Azmodan
Elias
Az
Ass - LOTL
Zyth - LOTL
Eclips
egg has really fucked this game up :(

Post by Eclips »

But you lose the mana cost and cast speed bonuses don't you?
eggmceye
hello

Post by eggmceye »

there aren't any mana/speed bonuses applied to necro spells if a staff was equipped anyway (only magery/sorc/druidry)
Eclips
egg has really fucked this game up :(

Post by Eclips »

Are spells int based? If so, NBD in my opinion. You have the sacrifice stats in order to do damage with the weapon and spells
Mackey
Girls only want boyfriends who have great skills.

Post by Mackey »

treos wrote:ok, after seeing how this guy handled the epic titan, i can safely say that the epic version IS doable but it would take no less than a party of 4.
I solo'd the epic titan on reg at lvl 500