Official alpha server thread

Moderator: EUO Moderators

Bugbo
Girls only want boyfriends who have great skills.

Re: Official alpha server thread

Post by Bugbo »

Keighn wrote: Non Remorted 1k can advance to lvl 1,021 but this is due to the maximum xp allowed which is like 2 billion so that seems normal.
Remort at 1k gains me 1 level is all to 1,001.
Well, that's a major letdown. :cry: What happens if you remort the lvl 1,021 character?
Keighn
Stop posting already --;

Post by Keighn »

Ah, that's the beauty...
Since Alpha is effectively like a reg server of sort with the +6 stats the remort is AWESOME!!
Usually I remort at high levels I lose a lot of stat points but here I actually gain 656 stat points due to it thinking like reg.

Sure I stay at lvl 1021 but I'm remorted and gain a shit load of stats as its converting for +6 not +5 per level. MEGA AWESOME!!!
eggmceye
hello

Post by eggmceye »

I'm gunna have to set up regular, maybe monthly, alpha wiping so you all don't get too comfortable with it ...
CinisterD
Tune in next time & see how they do it.

Post by CinisterD »

eggmceye wrote:I'm gunna have to set up regular, maybe monthly, alpha wiping so you all don't get too comfortable with it ...
+1

I see quite a few ppl playing alpha regularly. Alpha was intended to be a "test" server, not a "I am god, i can alter everything at anytime without paying egg, so screw reg" server.
Keighn
Stop posting already --;

Post by Keighn »

Haha.. man I know some people that will be a bit pissed. Doesn't bother me a bit if its monthly wiped. I'll just make sure I try to finish my necro testing. I'm getting so preoccupied esp since I just manage to pull out some fun money I've been saving for a few years to buy a portable hard drive.
treos
I once posted in TFIOOC!

Post by treos »

CinisterD wrote:
eggmceye wrote:I'm gunna have to set up regular, maybe monthly, alpha wiping so you all don't get too comfortable with it ...
+1

I see quite a few ppl playing alpha regularly. Alpha was intended to be a "test" server, not a "I am god, i can alter everything at anytime without paying egg, so screw reg" server.
i don't really alter that much on alpha. so far i've got a golem (100/75 fighter/rogue, best tank race ever on euo ;) ) and a human necromancer and thats about all the changes i bothered with.

as for resets? meh, i don't care much, i mainly just enjoy alpha for the higher drop rates and its like pd minus the perma death. artifacts, why must you hate me? >.< only 2 arties out of hundreds of +/tint drops since i started trying out that server, of course my luck with them has always been like that >.> and no housing means a cluttered...VERY cluttered bank so i still face some downsides regardless of what happens
Bugbo

Post by Bugbo »

Keighn wrote:Ah, that's the beauty...
Since Alpha is effectively like a reg server of sort with the +6 stats the remort is AWESOME!!
Usually I remort at high levels I lose a lot of stat points but here I actually gain 656 stat points due to it thinking like reg.

Sure I stay at lvl 1021 but I'm remorted and gain a shit load of stats as its converting for +6 not +5 per level. MEGA AWESOME!!!
Maybe you only gained the one level because you were already past the XP cap, And if you remorted at lvl 999 you would then be able to hike that character up over lvl 2000 or something? Don't know of any other characters near that high who haven't already remorted though, the closest maybe a lvl 450 non human transfered from reg.
Keighn
Stop posting already --;

Post by Keighn »

I dunno, pretty irrelevant as that server may be subject to monthly wipes and I can just recopy again. I'm finally utilizing it as it was meant to be and that's for testing. Mostly I've been working on necros and necro taming and making as many notes as possible. Even if this server went up to 9999 in level. Hell I found a vampy yew longbow here and was so pissed.

Its for DEV testing and I'm glad it is.
Rumper
Post in swahili or SHUT THE FUCK UP!

Post by Rumper »

Reviving this thread:

Let me first start with pets.
As I already said. Pets are really nice in this new server, the new way to calculate the stats let us actually choose which pet to get. Which is especially nice if you don't have many spells you want to teach your pet. On the other hand I think pet colour dying will not occur very often anymore.
Taming is now officially (alpha) alot nicer to/for newbies and that is a positive thing :p.
Pets stats at full taming are around 400hp+, 50as, 40 def, 750 int. which is quite nice and comparable to a lvl 140 mage always following you and providing support.

In short implement the new pets already :D.

Secondly I want to talk about the epic new playable class: the Golem!
I don't know much about reg, so I will be only talking about PD.
The 'big' problem with this race is that golems do not have any mana at all.
As there are 6 classes to choose from, the rogue, the priest, the fighter, the monk, the mage and the necromancer. Of these 6 only 2 don't require mana at all to effectively play: The rogue and the fighter. You could argue that you could play with the monk, because you don't need any mana to hit, but many bonuses that it get are from the ablities, which you can't use. The other 2 classes bring alot more benefits with it. Because you only have 2 class choices there is a very big chance (in case one is remorting) that one will have either GM rogue or some other kind of combo involving rogues and fighters. Stat distribution is entirely different for both classes, so one will be GM one class, the other is 75 for support. As you can't actually use pots or bandages, I think I shall see alot of vampiryc weapon(s). It is actually one of the few means of healing. Biggest challenge in my opinion is a vampire golem, which doesn't make any sense at all.
I went a bit off topic. So here you have the normal discussion between low HP/high AS vs high HP/'low' AS. It's all about preferences here.
You could thus be either a good rogue, fighter or combination but these all have the same weakness of limited healing capacities.
As for MR, in my opinion not alot of people are going to put any point of int in this class at all. Why? Because even without you have alot of MR and int stat gear is much much more useful than mr gear and is easier to get hold off. Any 22 int+ stat gear will give more MR than +5 MR gear.
Add in the fact that alot of players just get p-lvld. Even this is just funny because before you can even reach your first imp (quest) you can already defeat it quite easily with no equipment at all even with a full dex build because you can already resist it fully.
So the golem is actually a cool, chillax, awesome, no worries class.
So people are saying the fighter class is hack and slash. The same you could say for this golem, you could even say this is one of the best races to play a fighter with if you like fighters!
Before I give any suggestions, is it fine if it stays like this? This race personally should be lept as a an unlockable race. So old players can enjoy it instead for new players to try it out and think this game os is one of the many hack nd slash out there.
Keighn
Stop posting already --;

Post by Keighn »

A level 1k+ golem fighter or rogue is pretty op. I don't recall if vamp weapons restore hp but most magic never touched them.
Bugbo

Post by Bugbo »

Has anybody copied a high lever character over to alpha and then remorted? If so then what was it like remorting at levels of 400 or greater?
EmoMage

Post by EmoMage »

It sucks majorly. When you remort at level (lets say) 100. You're still level 100, but when you start leveling again, it's like you're level 75 again, not 100. So untill you reach the XP to match level 100, you won't level. I have an auxbox code that tells you your true level, and i remorted on alpha once at level 300+. I got all 300 levels of those back in stats, but, according to my auxbox, i was level 75 again. Until my auxbox caught up and matched what EUO said i was, i physically never leveled. Once i hit that level 300 range again, i was fine. But remorting past level 75 blows the biggest hairiest veiny fat ass cock.

/rant over. LAUGHING OUT LOUD LIKE A MORON.

and all that's not really even a complaint? i guess, just saying.
eggmceye wrote:
ParadoxOfChoice wrote: Zombie using bow/sling probably shouldn't give disease.

the zombies are pulling the arrows out of their ass
Secos
Kodiak has probably banned me by now.

Post by Secos »

Whatever happened to Golem race?
eggmceye
hello

Post by eggmceye »

totally OP, but still playable on alpha I think ? but will never make it off alpha
Rumper

Post by Rumper »

Did I mention that wearing +36 int gear on GOlems is more effective than +5MR ? /D
treos
I once posted in TFIOOC!

Post by treos »

Rumper wrote:golem...stuff
just thought i'd pop in and point out a fun tidbit about golems on alpha. at 10k+ MR nothing, and i mean NOTHING aside from endgame (like void and higher) can even make a damage number appear on a golem (i have almost achieved COMPLETE magic immunity as a golem.). on zerg, i have around 10.8k mr and even void balrons with their soul transfer spell only hit in the 60's (granted that still stunlocks and paralyzing spell still work as temp stuns but that aside...).

as for my defense...how does 117.6 sound? whenever i have sentri's shield equipped (GMed block) hardly any physical attack can hit successfully.

now if i could just complete that shardcrystal set... KON gave me the gauntlets last night and i already had the greaves. that completed set as 100 fighter/75 rogues and the defense could possibly let me solo even the titan (took 2 rounds since i died once but i managed to solo the blood queen once last night :D).
Keighn wrote:A level 1k+ golem fighter or rogue is pretty op. I don't recall if vamp weapons restore hp but most magic never touched them.
they work like normal.
eggmceye wrote:totally OP, but still playable on alpha I think ? but will never make it off alpha
*stomps and casts IVPY* FEAR MY POWER PUNY RAID BOSSES! LAUGHING OUT LOUD LIKE A MORON

oh and totally understandable that this race will remain alpha only as soloing raid bosses like the matriarch (poor girl never stood a chance in either form. her magic couldn't even cause a single point of damage when i entered the room.) and blood queen is WAY too OP. raid bosses should remain party battles, not solo beat downs. though, showing off like that CAN be fun too but not worth the imbalance it would cause through the game overall.
Rumper wrote:more pointless int/mr gear stuff
i'm sorry but to be perfectly honest...you don't need INT or MR gear as golem. it's a waste of an item slot.

next goal now that i have 1k str and 10k+ mr (1446+5 int and the mr golems get naturally per lvl up): pump dex, dex, and MORE dex to increase attack speed and make my giant hands wielding shortswords move like invisible winds of destruction. :P

edit: oh and love the avatar pic, rumper. it really capture the whole dark and mysterious feel nicely.
Rumper

Post by Rumper »

I'm going to contradict myself :p

A golems as they are right now it would be unwise to release them into reg/pd/ng server.
I'm not a fan of the fact that they can easily reach 10K mr at "low" levels, cause it's not normal to be able to kill an epic red dragon hybrid at lvl 490 at 5 points a lvl.

I propose a x3 or x4 MR modifier instead of x5 else it will be too easy to reach 10K MR = immunity.
Although with x5 MR an item with +35 int gives 117 MR which is even more than a +5 MR and defeats the purpose of wearing this MR gear.
With 2994 stats to distribute at lvl 500 in reg and 4995 stats to distribute at lvl 1K in PD it's fairly easy to get 10K immunity by investing approximately 2K points in INT. Even less is required because str and dex also give a slight MR bonus. Making it x4 would need about 2.5K points invested in int. While x3 needs about 3K points. This is without using gear of any kind.
Then you get the usual +8 gear which is ring1, ring 2, necklace and weapon thus giving 32 as. Leaving 5-6 slots for stats.

However, the fact that they need to spend alot of points in INT also means that they will have fairly low hp and AS. Low hp can be offset by using bone rings, necklace, aegis and helmet, giving 25% more hp. As on the contrary will be difficult to raise. Making it a stereotypical tank :) though without healing abilities. Even golem repair kits don't work on self and I haven't tried using it on other players.
Regen doesn't stack so only 1 item giving 3% hp every 3 sec is viable for golems.

Another point to consider is the unknown fact of how they will fare against mages/necromancers in PVP.
treos
I once posted in TFIOOC!

Post by treos »

hello, i have returned again.

well, i got to fight the titan again last night. alongside Eleven, and i think eclipse and speed on one of their characters and maybe another whose name i forgot.

anywho, me and Eleven as super tanky golems managed to take down the mighty Jira! and then the room bugged. great... thankfully speed and eclipse managed to pull us through the bugged door by spamming a bunch of summons near it then using that one monk move to yank me through where i put down a tp for the others.

after that things were going fine until we reached the titan and started fighting it. got it's health down to 3/4 max and out comes the invincible hand (health regen'd so fast that me and eleven both pounding on it for counstant damage couldn't get the hand's hp to go any further than 1 pixel on its hp bar (1 pixel away from max hp i mean) so we eventually just left it to tangle with the titan more. besides, the hand wasn't too big a threat when you have 2 guys with over 100 defense each (121.1 currently for my guy, zerg).

cue the 1/2 hp point. the mirror up at the top of the room shows a reflection and i guess is supposed to take you to the titan's brain or something? i dunno. anyway, it seems something bugged again and we missed the shot at the mirror (or rather, it wasn't working to begin with. i looked, searched, activated it and nothing happened) which meant the titan was locked in it's 1/2 hp phase with the mirror inactive and unable to recover it's hp enough for an attempt at retriggering the mirror (i think someone said it regen'd >70k hp then it popped back down to 1/2 suddenly).

overall, a fun journey therough ToLS aside from that buggy end which we all eventually gave up on.

still though, we tanked both Jira AND CHernobog (Chernoborg?) which was quite the achievement. ^_^
Keighn
Stop posting already --;

Post by Keighn »

I don't think I've ever fought that thing. Never fought the matriarch either I don't think.
LordMortiferus
MACRO > me

Post by LordMortiferus »

treos wrote: [..] overall, a fun journey therough ToLS aside from that buggy end which we all eventually gave up on.

still though, we tanked both Jira AND CHernobog (Chernoborg?) which was quite the achievement. ^_^
I am glad you enjoyed your adventure in ToLS. However, I am sorry to hear that you had technical troubles with the scripted monsters. When you active the switch in Jiras lair the doors should open permanently, until a new Jira spawns. As far as I remember, the Titan sends one party member to another map during the battle (at this point the reflection should show in the mirror). On this level you have to kill his "Will" and only then you can kill the Titan for good.

Chernobog, is a slavic deity, it is also the antagonist in the Blood games and has an appearance as the black devil in Walt Disney's Fanatasia. Jira is a reference to Gojira, better known as Godzilla.