instances

Moderator: EUO Moderators

eggmceye
hello

instances

Post by eggmceye »

An instance is a private copy of a dungeon. Every player or party that enters the instnace gets their own freshly spawned copy of the map all to themselves!
* instances do not respawn unless you enter them and leave them - you need to leave it for 10-15 mins - so you can get that satisfaction of clearing
* instances are private copies of dungeons for individuals and parties - you do not need to share with people you don't like
* instances may be heroic - that is, the monsters spawned are substantially tougher than normal

Blood Dungeon
* Blood dungeon / queen's lair is now an instance (the very last level of blood moor)
* blood queen always spawns - this of course means you can't camp her and the dungeon must be cleared (or skipped) to get to her

Heroic Minotaur Halls+Pit
basic idea that this is 3x harder, so for every mob spawned:

hp=3x
xp=3x
as=(oldAs-10)*3+10
def=oldDef+20 updated
intel=3x
MR=3x
melee dmg=3/2 x
treasure quality=+4 (capped at 15 which is the max)

these specs are open to revision and discussion!
just for comparison, here are some heroic mobs and their approx normal equivs:

heroic mino
300 hp, as=40, def=38, mr=420, dmg=4d8
approx same as tree-ent

heroic mino shaman
225 hp, int=420, mr=210
approx same as demon

heroic demon
750 hp, int=1200, mr=600, def=53
approx same as shadow imp (with much higher def)

heroic red drag
1950 hp, int=2400, mr=1200, def=60
abt same as blood mage with lower mr, higher def

Heroic River's End
Triple strength spawners using the same formula as Heroic Minotaur Halls

Epic Wizard's Tower
5x strength spawners!

interested in feedback, questions, and whether I should bother converting maps like mino halls into instances
eggmceye
hello

Re: misc updates thread

Post by eggmceye »

HyStErIcAl wrote:Is this just for parties or anyone?
both - an individual going into an instance will create his/her own copy
And if there is just a party of 2 people.. And they both die and res at the same time, Does the portal close up?
good question, the sort of thing I should think about - answer is yes, probably - so right now it's a gauntlet and if you get wiped then you have to start again :o (or res one at a time)

you can all leave the instance now - as long as you are back within 10-15 mins it won't reset.
eggmceye
hello

Re: instances

Post by eggmceye »

an idea to lift from wow
heroic instances

eg mino halls but the lvl 150 version
TheOneGuy
Post in swahili or SHUT THE FUCK UP!

Post by TheOneGuy »

eggmceye wrote:an idea to lift from wow
heroic instances

no more bloodmoor but still good drops/ exp you say hmm... my answer is \/

YES!!! DEAR GOD PLEASE!!!

Dear god please i cant stand the color red any more i feel sad every time i go to bloodmoor and cant go to the colorful fun maps anymore cause its a huge waste of time
all i want is a test server for maped then ill be happy ...
Onyxt
Girls only want boyfriends who have great skills.

Post by Onyxt »

heroic instances

Thats kind of what they'll be doing with dead mines, and shadow fang keep (which is amazing). So I'm all for it, I'd love to see the greatest pit be the hot spot again ^.^
Rufio
Tune in next time & see how they do it.

Post by Rufio »

heroic instances

That sounds amazing. Please do this xD
Rufio - Level 314 - Bloodkin - Mage
http://euotopia.com/plyr.php?p=Rufio&serv=reg
hellslave
I used to bake rockcakes in my bakery.

Post by hellslave »

heroic instances

D&D Online also has this, and I think it would be an awesome addition to the game!
DDO has 5 difficulties - Casual, Normal, Hard, Elite and Epic. Completing a map on one difficulty unlocks the next one (I love unlockables :D) with the exception of epic where the player creating the instance must be at the level cap. I particularly liked that system and it was actually a large portion of why I played it! Something else related that would be quite nice is have specific level ranges for certain maps (for at least the normal difficulty anyway) or a minimum level (again this particularly appeals to me because of the idea of unlocking sparkly new things)
A balanced diet is a cookie in each hand :jam:
Bugbo
Girls only want boyfriends who have great skills.

Re: misc updates thread

Post by Bugbo »

eggmceye wrote:
HyStErIcAl wrote:Is this just for parties or anyone?
both - an individual going into an instance will create his/her own copy
Does this mean that only one person is in an instance at a time or can two different people enter the same instance?
Heikki

Post by Heikki »

an idea to lift from wow

D&D Online also has this, and I think it would be an awesome addition to the game!
DDO has 5 difficulties - Casual, Normal, Hard, Elite and Epic. Completing a map on one difficulty unlocks the next one (I love unlockables :D) with the exception of epic where the player creating the instance must be at the level cap. I particularly liked that system and it was actually a large portion of why I played it! Something else related that would be quite nice is have specific level ranges for certain maps (for at least the normal difficulty anyway) or a minimum level (again this particularly appeals to me because of the idea of unlocking sparkly new things)
That would be soooooo awesome. If it is ever be possible or not too hard to implement to EUO.
Reg Heikki, Pyttipannu, Nappo
PD Soturi R.I.P , Taikuri, Rosvo

Joke of day:
A skeleton walks into a bar - orders a beer and a mop
eggmceye
hello

Post by eggmceye »

heroic minotaur halls+pit specs:
basic idea that this is 3x harder, so for every mob spawned:

body of post moved to top of thread
mud
I once posted in TFIOOC!

Post by mud »

eggmceye wrote:heroic minotaur halls+pit specs:
basic idea that this is 3x harder
[...]
Egg spawned up a heroic pit for a party of us, was a lot of fun. I'm about level 245 rogue, and it seemed about as challenging as the middle-late parts of BM. Four red dragons was about enough to wipe out a party of us. Balrons can 1 hit XC me from full health, even with GHS. :LAUGHING OUT LOUD LIKE A MORON:

A really great idea, seems like it could fix up some weaknesses in the current game:
- The relative lack of places to hunt around level 40-60 (heroic versions of the "newbie" maps)
- Places to hunt for higher level players, besides BM
- Could breathe new life into some of the maps that nobody goes to because they're too easy

Hell, if you make a heroic version of BM even people at the level cap might have a challenge.
eggmceye
hello

Post by eggmceye »

ok I think Heroic Minotaur Halls is ready for general consumption.

You can get to it via a portal in the NW wall-corner of Izumi. entering the portal just inside normal Minotaur Halls.
(Note: once inside heroic minos, if you walk off the map, you will end up outside normal minos. So if you enter then from the continent you will end ip in normal minos. Heroic minos is entered via the portal in Iz. This is a silly quirk I have to iron out later).

Heroic Mino halls is probably for lvl 60-80, while Heroic Underground lake 120? maybe, and Heroic Pit parties of 150+

please post feedback! Quite a fair bit of work has gone into it but the scaling of mobs will probably need fine tuning best achieved by playing it.
Zzapp
Here for the lesbians.

Post by Zzapp »

edit
Last edited by Zzapp on Fri Aug 06, 2010 4:28 pm, edited 1 time in total.
jumpstart

Post by jumpstart »

Yeah, I like the heroic map idea. Tried to solo heroic pit.... Didn't even get to the pit, got 1 hit XC'd by the bally in the underground lake. However I love this idea.

Also, with this in place... Could this mean the scrapping of level cap? I mean it gives 450's to hunt at that level..

Jesus help us a Heroic Blood Moor.... Who in gods name would attempt that?
~Mario
eggmceye
hello

Post by eggmceye »

one important detail

HM doens't respawn - and if you clear it and want to do it again, you'll have to have everyone in your party leave the instance, then wait 15 mins, then enter it again (need to give it 15 mins to unload)
eggmceye
hello

Post by eggmceye »

I don't think heroics really solve the cap prob. They just prolong it. I don't really like the idea of Heroic minos because ppl get over grinding it between 40-60 - then they ahve to go back and grind it again between 150 and 450? That's not really a good idea but what it is is a nice gimmick, nice for a change, and good stop gap until more content filling maps get put in.

Instancing tho I like for some maps - minos is a classic case of a map that should be instanced as ppl hate sharing it.
LordMortiferus
MACRO > me

Post by LordMortiferus »

How about, the destination of the portal in Izumi would randomly change to another heroic instance map after a certain time (1 day or so). One day it could be Nordhaven jail+dungeon for low level players the other day it might be Pentragon and so on. This could mean more diversion for the players, especially when they happen to explore a dungeon they haven't entered for more then a year, because it became to easy for them.

Edit: And people wouldn't grind the same map over and over again.
Dudle
on lolpatrol

Post by Dudle »

Absolutely love the heroic instance of minos thru to deepest pit. Awesome just awesome.
eggmceye
hello

Post by eggmceye »

alright, to keep the ball rolling have added
- Heroic River's End using the same formula as above
- Epic Wizard's Tower, using a roughly 5x formula

changed the def formula for both to
def=oldDef+(Q-1)*10
where Q is 3 for heroic, 5 for epic
Keighn
Stop posting already --;

Post by Keighn »

Just heard about these and they're pretty fun. Instances remind me of parallel zone for an old nes game called deadly towers. I love this.

Ideas:
Heroic/Epic instance options for all current instances (that you have choices for).
If those are too easy then perhaps one where they're at x10 (whatever the hell you'd call that)
Special Bosses with rare/unique powers (but not too terribly difficult)
Hidden/Invisible locations or opened via a quest.

Instance suggestions:
Newb Dungeon-Hydra's Isle
Graveyard(the one above nord)
Pendragon
Netherterra
Abyss
Fort Grunthos
LIghthouse to Desert Tower
Lost Jungle

Problems:
Only one I can see would be that Hell's keep isn't part of the RE instance.