RFC - tinkering

Moderator: EUO Moderators

eggmceye
hello

RFC - tinkering

Post by eggmceye »

Tinkering is boring! It must be the least interesting craft in euo now. but at least it is vaguely useful.

Ideas for tarting up tinkering
- lift ideas from wow's engineering including:
- crafting guns
- goggles or other weapons
- bombs, powder kegs
- traps that can be put on the ground, on chests, on doors
- other crappier pets like mechanical rabbit

free your minds and post some ideas to tart up tinkering
Dudle
on lolpatrol

Re: RFC - tinkering

Post by Dudle »

I think tinkering should be able to make any tool related to skills. 1h 2h guns (i want something that works with that yellow energy bar...psychic bullets for ammo?) - damage proofing for armors - projectile damage tinting - grenades - automated turrets - directional lights - mechanical pets with more commands than regular pets - traps with different damage types.

that's all i can think of at the moment
"I know that you knew that I know, but did you know I knew that you knew I know?" Cassanova Frankenstein 'Mystery Men'

"Buddah, Zeus, God...one of you guys do something!" & " Help Satan! You owe me!" - Professor Farnsworth 'Futurama'

"Hmm hmm hmm, when you do things right, people wont be sure you've done anything at all." Probably a computerized space probe that collided with 'God' 'Futurama'
1[WoWz]
MACRO > me

Post by 1[WoWz] »

Craftable 1 handed and 2 handed guns sounds very cool. I also like the idea of goggles. Perhaps tinkering could be used to "tinker" upgrades on weapons and armor to give them a very small benefit?
IGN: 1
Zaika
Hey I just posted on an internet forum!

Post by Zaika »

It would be cool if we could Tinker a wearable or weapon and add a "gem" socket. You could make it only work on non-magical items or depending on the + of the item, it could require a higher level tinkering. Then you could take the raw gems already in the game and either tinker them (i.e. jewelcrafting) or enchant them (if you wanted to augment enchanting as well) with magic or bonuses.

Another idea I had while tinkering 200 reinforced flasks for someone...

A tinkered offhand item that speeds up ALL crafting by some % based on your tinkering skill.
Last edited by Zaika on Wed Apr 07, 2010 2:47 am, edited 1 time in total.
"Diplomacy is the art of letting others have your way."
Keighn
Stop posting already --;

Post by Keighn »

How About Siege engines and cannons?

BTW, i think we'd need alchemy for gunpowder (or name it smokepowder).

Vehicles, like carts, wagons, boats, balloon

Enhancements for armour and weapons? ie.... spiked armours made from tinkering, or thick plating for armours(make em weight a hell of a lot more though).

Utility belt like batman? (smoke bombs...)

Build water wheels, windmills, grinding wheels(sharpen weapons), forges..

Replacement parts like cranks, gears, springs, widgets,..

More tools like wrenches, hammers...
Heikki
Tune in next time & see how they do it.

Post by Heikki »

- Ability to craft adamantium and crystal jewerly. (No idea how to get these ingot)
- 100% tinker have ability to make masterwork tools (Tools that will never break)
- 100% tinker should able to make aftifact jewelries (Needs ingredients that are as rare as artifacts)
- Enchanted jewerlys, might cast buffs randomly......
Reg Heikki, Pyttipannu, Nappo
PD Soturi R.I.P , Taikuri, Rosvo

Joke of day:
A skeleton walks into a bar - orders a beer and a mop
IT IS S
LAUGHING OUT LOUD LIKE A MORON

Post by IT IS S »

Reinstating the the dependency of all other crafts on tinkering? (i.e. the tinted craft gear) Not a personal favourite.
Tinker could make tiles for housing that look like stuff (but inherently aren't). F.i. fake gear and shrines and such.
An tinkerable item that works similar to Zelda I stepladder i.e. an item that grands access to new areas.
:shock: How about 100% 1000 timber/ingots/crystals: Hellgate. Only way to the ultimate hunting grounds. :psychotic:
There is no cheesing that is not skill
wishIwasDM
Post in swahili or SHUT THE FUCK UP!

Post by wishIwasDM »

droppable traps would be nice, different tints/levels to trap different monsters. rig doors with explosives :p since the FG spell, I can't get exploding trapped chests off my mind. if gun powder is implemented, can we get ammonium nitrate as well? +1 for blowing shit up
The snake only strikes when the stars are aligned.
Evanthia
buying vamp LS of any kind +5

Post by Evanthia »

Cup and string communication devices!
Now on to some real ideas:
Brass golem could be replaced by something that looks cooler and more unique, like 'gear golem' or 'mechanical golem'

Trap ideas:
Trap effects are based on the tinker's skill and some random algorithm, such as
tinkering x 1d10
difficulty of trap

So a person with 50 tinkering, making a trap that requires 25 tinkering, might go a little something like this:
50 x 10
final quality of the trap being 40 of a possible 40

Possible traps and weapons made by tinkers:
Smokebomb- creates darkness around an area, and causes confusion in monsters. Also comes in poison and sleep powder?
Snare- cuases paralysis by 'ensnaring' whatever triggered the trap
Barrier- using ingredients from alchemy, the tinker can build a compact barrier. This barrier can be attacked and destroyed.
Flare- creates a flash of light when someone steps on it, useful for determining if a hidden enemy is approaching

I might think of more when I'm not so tired...
They say insanity is bad, but it hasn't killed me yet.
~_~_~_~_~_~_~_~_~_~_~_~_~_~_~_~_~_~_~_~_~_~
Finished contests:
Scavenger hunt; Winner: Rusty
Bounty Hunter; Winner: Kin
What's that GOLEM?; Winner: Sephiroth

Current contest:
http://www.forums.swut.net/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=4052 ((Triple Competition, great prizes!))
Magrock
Here for the lesbians.

Post by Magrock »

Spawn Generator: Creates a global level spawner that creates monsters. It can only be used in a mine or some level created by a player (i.e. a portal you set in your house that leads to an empty map level). Ingredients are; 4 ingots, 5 brass sheets, 4 poles, and 6 lumber. It is created in the direction of a gem that will determine the type of spawn as follows:

Gem__________Type of spawner
Diamond______Shadowspawn
Topaz________Balrons
Onyx_________Dragons
Emerald______Hellspawn
Sapphire______Greater Undead
Ruby_________Minotaurs
Fire Opal_____Greater Humanoid (Giants, Ettins, etc.)
Amethyst_____Lesser Undead
Zircon_______Lesser Humanoid (Trolls, Goblins, etc.)

[I wish I knew a better way to make tables in the forums.]
IT IS S
LAUGHING OUT LOUD LIKE A MORON

Post by IT IS S »

Tinkering blank scrolls from wood? (only rewarding if you can make about 100 from 5 logs)
Know those drops you can't reach? How about a tinkerable item that extends your reach? (single use?)
There is no cheesing that is not skill
Keighn
Stop posting already --;

Post by Keighn »

Golem Fire wand nozzel attachment for IFH.
Golem cone of Cold wand nozzel attachment for frost spray.
Lightning nodes for OG blasts.

Portable Mining supports to strengthen large rooms in mines.

Metal Dectector (shiny red arrow points to ore deposits) could get more complicated if one of each type is made: regular, copper, zinc, silver, blackrock, gold.

Animal Cage/trap - traps nonhostile mobs (gray bars) to be transported to diferent areas. (notel these not pokeballs.. just cages of nonhostile mobs that can be released anywhere. If not attacked and killed will eventually disappear off map when released.).

Monster Cage/trap - bigger animal cage.
Bugbo
Girls only want boyfriends who have great skills.

Post by Bugbo »

Keighn wrote: Monster Cage/trap - bigger animal cage.
The problem with that is if somebody traps a balron or other nasty critter and then releases it near Nord
Keighn
Stop posting already --;

Post by Keighn »

Last I checked you can't tame daemons, dragons, balrons, shadow creatures, undead or stuff like that. Only gray bar creatures. Unless there's some map with a bunch of gray balrons I hardly see this as a problem. And reg... come on; i could care less if 1 billion balrons walked the streets of nordhaven on reg server. PD is a different story.
Bugbo
Girls only want boyfriends who have great skills.

Post by Bugbo »

OK, so the monster cages could only be used on non hostile creatures then? That would be fine then.
1[WoWz]
MACRO > me

Post by 1[WoWz] »

I would really like to see tinkering upgrades for pet golems. Pet golems are already much weaker than dragons so it would be nice to see a strong melee pet. Here are some ideas:

Healing upgrade: Allows you to equip golem repair kits on your golem so the golem can use it on itself when low on hp.
Strength upgrade: This increases the attack power of the golem.
Health upgrade: This increases the max hp of the golem.
Defense upgrade: This increases the defense of the golem.
Magic Reisistance upgrade: This increases the magic resistance of the golem.

Jet Boosters: This upgrade makes the golem a flying creature.
Cannon: This upgrade gives the golem a non-magic ranged attack like a musket.
Multiple Attacks: This upgrade gives the golem a non-magic melee or ranged attack against several targets at once.

All of these should require several golem power crystals plus other craftable material and a high skill in tinkering.
IGN: 1
Keighn
Stop posting already --;

Advanced Crafting:

Post by Keighn »

Artisan Wiki for ideas

Old Crafting Splitting:
Logging separate from Woodcrafting.
Metalluragy separate from Mining.

Advanced Crafting Skills:
Engineering - req. 100% Tinkering
Thaumaturgy - req. 100% Alchemy
Theurgy - req. 100% Enchanting
Mechanic - req. 100% Weaponsmithing
Technician - req. 100% Armorer
Dweomerweaving - req. 100% Tailoring (was also considering "Synthetics" or "Synthesis"
Culinary Gourmet - req. 100% cooking
Wealdmastery - req. 100% woodcrafting

Engineers should probably be creating objects like springs, cogs, various machine enhancement, siege towers,
Mechanics in devices that amplify or are weapons of advanced destruction such as fire arms, cannons, muskets, etc, catapults, ballista
Technicians focus their time into reinforcing armor, plating, barriers, portable bridges, tunneling device.
Thaumaturgist foucus their efforts into advanced alchemy recipes such as turning metals and tints into compound tints and stronger variants.
Theurgists delve into even more complex recipes of magical creation.
and etc etc.

Naturally we needed more recipes for lesser crafting as well. I always thought that mining and metallurgy should have been separate as well as Logging and woodcrafting. I haven't thought of advanced woodcrafting.