RFC - pets

Moderator: EUO Moderators

Keighn
Stop posting already --;

Re: RFC - pets

Post by Keighn »

Maybe I'm just against rogues losing their usefulness to a pesky rodent. Now if a pet augmented a rouge ability that'd be fine. Hmmm.... certain pets when alive augmenting skills/stats.. that'd make em more useful.
Evanthia
buying vamp LS of any kind +5

Post by Evanthia »

Keighn wrote:Maybe I'm just against rogues losing their usefulness to a pesky rodent. Now if a pet augmented a rouge ability that'd be fine. Hmmm.... certain pets when alive augmenting skills/stats.. that'd make em more useful.
But only when they're within a certain proximity (otherwise they'd be set to wander in the house), and the boost gotten from pets should be equal among certain classes of pets to keep dragon pets from being even more powerful than other types of strong pets, in my opinion
They say insanity is bad, but it hasn't killed me yet.
~_~_~_~_~_~_~_~_~_~_~_~_~_~_~_~_~_~_~_~_~_~
Finished contests:
Scavenger hunt; Winner: Rusty
Bounty Hunter; Winner: Kin
What's that GOLEM?; Winner: Sephiroth

Current contest:
http://www.forums.swut.net/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=4052 ((Triple Competition, great prizes!))
Keighn
Stop posting already --;

Post by Keighn »

brass_golem
wood_golem
crystal_golem

rabbit - increased attack speed +10%
horse - increased walking speed +10% (even above max walking speed or max horse mount speed)
cow - increased AS +10%
chicken* - increased dodge +10%
turkey* - Increased damage +10%

insects* - attacks can blind opponent
snake* - poison damage reduced by 10%
spider* - chance to poison opponent.
rat - sniffs out traps (msg - Rodney is nervous).
giant_rat -
bat - increased NV
mongbat -
crab - increased defense +10%
crackling_mouse

gremlin - can steal food or immune to food being stolen.
goblin - +2% xp gain.
goblin_archer - increased ranged 50%
goblin_bruiser - rage increases +10% faster.
goblin_shaman - +10% MR

orc - =2% skill gain.
orc_brute -
shadow_orc +50% hide in shadows.
half_orc
fel_orc
frost_orc

troll_axethrower - Increased range of 1 square with attacks.
troll
troll_priest

cyclops
ogre
snow ogre

ettin
Ettin Warlord
ice ettin

minotaur
Minotaur Chief
minotaur shaman

basilisk
fire lizard

gazer* - view like peergem at will.
zorn - IVPY damage is 10% less.
Copper Zorn - attacks with weapon function like copper
Blackrock Zorn - attacks with weapon function like blackrock
Adamantium Zorn - attack with weapon function like adamantium.

imp
Devil
Daemon

frost mephit
ice mephit
nox mephit*
quasit*

crocodile
alligator*

water demon
mothra
hellcat
werewolf
nightmare
fiery fox*

hydra
drake
Blue Dragon
White Dragon
Green Dragon
Fire Dragon
Red Dragon
Black Dragon

As far as I know that's what can be tamed or evolve or might be tamable in the future. Let's get some suggestions for boosts of companion pets. And point any I've left out.

*indicates cannot be currently tamed.
Last edited by Keighn on Fri Apr 30, 2010 2:37 am, edited 1 time in total.
IT IS S
LAUGHING OUT LOUD LIKE A MORON

Post by IT IS S »

The traps on chests are not made to kill rats... I was thinking that every time your poor companion failed to deliver his services successfully :cry: :knife: he would have to be replaced.

I thought my bat would evolve into a 'sparking bat' (did I make that up :?:)
Snakes and spiders would be nice for their poison effect. (Snakes should evolve too.)
Chickens should evolve into Basilisks.

What if a pet held a 'charm' (or whatever) that gave it an ability? Each type of tamable creature would have charm associated to it. What about 30% chance of a creature holding a charm. You can only obtain the charm by taming the creature (soulbound?). Then you can switch the charm for customization. Perhaps the charm would level up, becoming better/actually usable.
For instance: Heal Self (chances of working leveling up), Heal Other (idem dito), Disarm Trap (trap level up), Stealth (stealth when player does), but perhaps also Poison or Lightning. (So perhaps it could be evident from a creature's attacks whether or not it held a charm.)
Imagine having a daemon to disarm traps :cheese:

Perhaps items for taming specific creatures (for people who don't want to level up taming); like a Snake Taming Flute for instance.
There is no cheesing that is not skill
Keighn
Stop posting already --;

Post by Keighn »

I bet an item that bumps up taming % wouldn't be too difficult so long as you have it equipped (which can be done now thanks to egg's hard work. Remember its alt + r.

For a specific mob... sounds like a headache to make.
IT IS S

Post by IT IS S »

I would love to have the 'wait' command. It is like 'stay', but after the pet is hit, it turns into 'follow'.
Keighn
Stop posting already --;

Post by Keighn »

I've edited my pet bonus ideas. I think some are a bit high, then again most of the lower end pets just die really fast anyway. Try keeping a cow alive while fighting a bunch of mobs. I've seen even ice ettins get clobbered like crazy.
Shadw
Kodiak has probably banned me by now.

Post by Shadw »

Well as a rogue myself i would like some pets that can stealth while moving around and unstealth to attack.

NightHound, Curing Life one Death at a time.
http://armoury.swut.net/plyr.php?NightHound

ArcaneHound, Casting for the future.
http://armoury.swut.net/plyr.php?ArcaneHound
Keighn
Stop posting already --;

Post by Keighn »

Stealth eh; prolly where purchasable upgrades could come in handy.

stealth ability
IT IS S

Post by IT IS S »

A fox that runs away, instead of engaging directly in combat, on the main map. Tamable, evolves into fiery fox.
dshadowplay
buying vamp LS of any kind +5

Post by dshadowplay »

IT IS S wrote:Experience required to gain a level lower for weak creatures/ higher for strong creatures.
I agree, it seems wrong that a rabbit or whatever that will never be effective combat wise (that I know of anyway) takes the same amount of exp as a drake to lvl when the drake pwns most lower creatures and gets exp faster anyway. I think the creatures end result should determine the amount of total exp needed to reach the max lvl. (if I am mistaken about this srry I have not actually tamed/lvled a pet in years)

Kin wrote: -A way to make pets other than dragons useful, maybe by equipping humanoids or other pet upgrades.
However, what if a lvl 25 rabbit or something was made to be comparable to a dragon combat wise, eg. attacks fast with high AS and gains alot of hp per lvl so that once it is maxed out it will be dangerous. Also if weaker pets did have like auras or special abilities like rats that sniffed out traps or whatever then perhaps taming would become more desirable cause I know that many players are like, [semi-quote: 'pfft not even worth getting taming up anyways and pets leave you and shit, pfft.']

Oh yeah, about pets leaving you.. man thats pretty harsh as people spend alot of time lvling them and then they are unobservant for a little too long and poof - :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry:

Severian wrote:Maybe we should have a quota instead of just 1 slot. For example:
- let a player's pet quota = that player's taming skill.
- suppose a troll shaman takes up 10 pet quota units.
- then a player with 100 taming could control 10 troll shamans ...
This is interesting, would all the mobs on screen be an issue though for lag? I guess you could do that now with raising corpses. This seems kinda like summoning though doesn't it? Interesting anyway.

Dudle wrote:Some type of mercenary you can hire that takes food and gold to maintain, with a level cap of 25 and more commands.
Hah! this made me think of something, what if you could tame an artful dodger and it evolved/grew into a fighter/rogue/mage/priest type.

Something else filtered through my mind yesterday while I was playing, what if in addition to the bonuses that a pet receives on lvl up it also got stat increases for in-game time that it spent with the owner. i.e. for every 4 real life hours spent with pet in company in-game the pet gets 1hp. Don't know if this is good idea or not?? :? :?

ps: If Maine Coons are rare down under perhaps Ripley is a Norwegian Forest Kitty! :3333333333333333333
Dudley12-15-06.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Zzapp
Here for the lesbians.

Post by Zzapp »

dshadowplay wrote:
ps: If Maine Coons are rare down under perhaps Ripley is a Norwegian Forest Kitty! :3333333333333333333
Dudley12-15-06.jpg
Norwegian Forest Kitty FTW!
Dudle
on lolpatrol

Post by Dudle »

Was hoping that pets would get at least 2 specials, 2X damage hit and charge. Maybe something else too, like a command to set the pets preferred mode of attack?
"I know that you knew that I know, but did you know I knew that you knew I know?" Cassanova Frankenstein 'Mystery Men'

"Buddah, Zeus, God...one of you guys do something!" & " Help Satan! You owe me!" - Professor Farnsworth 'Futurama'

"Hmm hmm hmm, when you do things right, people wont be sure you've done anything at all." Probably a computerized space probe that collided with 'God' 'Futurama'
hellslave
I used to bake rockcakes in my bakery.

Post by hellslave »

Remove level cap completely from pets however make xp gain proportional (or more so) to how difficult the monster is to kill. This would mean that getting a level 200 ettin would take about the same amount of time as getting your drake to level 25 and have it evolve. As it is just now taming is a grind until you can get a dragon, then that's all anyone ever has/wants. Too many people are using their pet as their main way of hunting IMO because as soon as the pet hits max level the player gets all the XP when it gets the kill, removing the level cap would mean the pet always gets a higher proportion when it gets the kill (discouraging them from being used solely for hunting regardless of their level).

Another idea is to make pets take up a slot in the new 5-man party limit which would mean if you can only get 4 people in the party, 1 could bring their pet to get the appropriate xp bonus. Stops having a party of 5 players and 5 dragons which makes most dungeons somewhat cheesy.
A balanced diet is a cookie in each hand :jam:
Ozimandias
Here for the lesbians.

Post by Ozimandias »

I wouldn't like the party thing, given the fact that noob tamers couldn't party effectively together. And level cap, imo, should at most be 100 or maybe at most past 100 be modified to half the tamer's lvl.

I really hope egg gets around to beefing up pets, especailly golems - my brassy isn't sassy enuff.
There are three kinds of people in this world: those who can count, and those who can't,
hellslave
I used to bake rockcakes in my bakery.

Post by hellslave »

Something else that came to mind - being able to buy a pet transfer and getting someone to give you a dragon when you first start is incredibly cheesy, I think for a pet transfer to work you should need at least 1/2 the taming ordinarily required. Would be interesting to see just how much faster a level 1 can get to level 50 with a max level fire dragon helping them compared to actually having to fight for their levels (might test this out at some point actually)
A balanced diet is a cookie in each hand :jam:
Keighn
Stop posting already --;

Post by Keighn »

*BUMP & LINK*

PETS!!
The Oracle
on lolpatrol

Post by The Oracle »

I wunna pikachu!!!!!!!!!!
The Oracle
on lolpatrol

Post by The Oracle »

I've always been of the opinion that given enough time attention and of course the inevitable grinding,
ANY tamable monster should have the potential to be a worthy hunting companion, that you'll want to keep around even as your character reaches into the upper tiers of the game.

It would be interesting to tailor certain creatures to be more effective pets for certain classes.
stat/skill bonuses and helpful abilities are brilliant of course, the art is simply in fitting them just where they work best! :)

Here's some 'extreme example' what if's for fun:
A pet snake that has the ability/trained AI to let it stealth ahead and poison enemies from the shadows.
A goblin archer that knows to stand back and fire at whatever is laying most damage on his owner.

Anyways, I am a nigger.
HyStErIcAl
Location: Gin Gin, Queensland, Australia, Earth, Milkyway Galaxy, Universe 342?

Post by HyStErIcAl »

Pickachu = Lightning mouse / sparking mouse (Cbf finding out what it actually is)
-.-