Ash Ketchum = pathetic.
Brock = Pervert
Misty = Bitchy
Pokeballs = kinda cool
poply
LAUGHING OUT LOUD LIKE A MORON

Re: RFC - pets

Post by poply »

i want a pet health bar in my stat box like how the other party members health shows. maybe its only high level healers with dragons that this would help... but it would save my pet at least once for every time i go hunting with a mid sized party.
spoiled
eggmceye
hello

Post by eggmceye »

update:
not live yet, but I've developed:
i) pet tomes, for teaching your pets new spells (haven't decided on availability & restrictions much yet)
ii) an npc that unlearns spells from your pet
Eisenheim
Kodiak has probably banned me by now.

Post by Eisenheim »

eggmceye wrote:update:
not live yet, but I've developed:
i) pet tomes, for teaching your pets new spells (haven't decided on availability & restrictions much yet)
ii) an npc that unlearns spells from your pet
"We are all giants, raised by pygmies, who have learned to walk with a perpetual mental crouch"
Dudle
on lolpatrol

Post by Dudle »

Like wow! :jam: :band: :headbang: :dancecow: :dance:
"I know that you knew that I know, but did you know I knew that you knew I know?" Cassanova Frankenstein 'Mystery Men'

"Buddah, Zeus, God...one of you guys do something!" & " Help Satan! You owe me!" - Professor Farnsworth 'Futurama'

"Hmm hmm hmm, when you do things right, people wont be sure you've done anything at all." Probably a computerized space probe that collided with 'God' 'Futurama'
Ozimandias
Here for the lesbians.

Post by Ozimandias »

Hey, just wondering, are golems planned to get major revisions as well (besides the addition of a flesh golem)? I found out sadly that mine can't learn any spells when i attempted reading a pet tome for it.

There were some awesome ideas in this thread for golems regarding attaching "equipment" to them and making them "upgrade-able" via such means.

Just wondering - and hoping.
There are three kinds of people in this world: those who can count, and those who can't,
Eclips
egg has really fucked this game up :(

Post by Eclips »

Tintable pets.
Morpheus
I'll be going back to Tibia next week.

Post by Morpheus »

Hey, just wondering, are golems planned to get major revisions as well (besides the addition of a flesh golem)? I found out sadly that mine can't learn any spells when i attempted reading a pet tome for it.

There were some awesome ideas in this thread for golems regarding attaching "equipment" to them and making them "upgrade-able" via such means.

Just wondering - and hoping.
Or make them able to learn fighter specials and lazer eyes? (like in that shark quest)
Ozimandias
Here for the lesbians.

Post by Ozimandias »

Exactly what i was thinking, Morpheus, only have "attachable" equips that you could buy or craft (might have to raise the % cap on crafting for the particular one) for your golem.

Examples:
Laser gun: Ranged attack like the shark's laser in the guard's quest.
Carrying Case: Can carry up to 25 pounds of weight. Can equip up to 4.
Fighter Special: Dependent on which you pick. Only one per golem.
Auto-Repair mechanism MK I: Similar to minor heal self spell.
Auto-Repair Mechanism MK II: similar to improved heal self spell. Replaces MK I version.
Coolant Systems: Provides 25% resistance to Fire spell.
Rubber Exterior: Provides 25% resistance to Lightening spells.
Grenade Launcher: Ranged attack similar to Laser Gun, only does slightly less damage and covers and area around the enemy,
X-Ray Vision: Allows you to see through walls (temporarily?)
Light Bulb MK I: Light's up area around golem. Similar to a regular torch.
Light Bulb MK II: Light up more around golem than the MK I version.
Light Bulb MK III: Basically, you're blinded and can't see shit.
Improved Chasis MK I: Gives a permanent +10% health bonus on equip.
Improved Chasis MK II: Gives a permanent +20% health bonus on equip. Replaces MK I version.
Sensor Scanner: Can pick up hidden enemies around the golem within a certain square radius.
Spiked Hands: Melee Attack damage is now boosted by +25%.
Stronger Armor: Gives a % bonus to def
Stronger CPU (or mind, circuits, whatever): Gives a % bonus to mr

Those are my ideas for golems. Anybody got more?
There are three kinds of people in this world: those who can count, and those who can't,
poply
LAUGHING OUT LOUD LIKE A MORON

Post by poply »

cows cant have spells? what a ripoff! its not like they cant talk. just look at the cows in valley of the cows or whatever that place is called, or even cowwy in nord. this is an outrage that at least one other person is a bit upset by. :cry:

other then that and the healing spells being listed on the tome making list, everything is good about this pet spells thing.
spoiled
Keighn
Stop posting already --;

Post by Keighn »

rabbit --> Jackrabbit --> Jackelope
chicken --> Rooster --> Cockatrice
turkey --> Vulture --> Carrior Crow
cow --> Ox --> Gorgon
horse --> Warhorse --> Unicorn
ZUPS!!!!
Ozimandias
Here for the lesbians.

Post by Ozimandias »

At first I read that and thought about how pointless it was to have the lowly non-aggressive animals for pets. Then I realized that this would actually make them useful if the 3rd forms would be uber powerful (as you intended, correct?)
Speaking of tamed monsters that no one keeps...

Maybe:

Spider => big tarantula => Drider (a d&d type monster that resembles a spider, and maybe it can cast that poison breath spell and paralyzes creatures on critical hits)
Snake => Anaconda ==> Lamia (can cast said poison spell, and attacks work as venom + hp drain)
Rat ==> Giant Rat ==> Bog Rat (stronger version of Giant Rat, occasionally deals poison from attacks, with hp regen)

Also, wouldn't be cool if a cockatrice could rarely petrify monsters? Maybe it would make it into a cheesy "furniture maker," but that is lore friendly in terms of what a cockatrice can do.
Keighn
Stop posting already --;

Post by Keighn »

Here's something I plan to find out. Do pets that evolve lose spells that were bound/learned? I really was hoping for a firebreathing cow. I'll confirm if thye can't learn anything.
ZUPS!!!!
LordMortiferus
MACRO > me

Post by LordMortiferus »

[quote=Manual]A pet will loose spells they learned from pet tomes when they evolve.[quote]
just added the line to the manual. my drake lost flame wind on evolution to some dragon.
xShawtyx
Good morning, Captain.

Post by xShawtyx »

Only " magic" pets can learn spells, they can only learn as many spells as they originally knew. Maybe one day you will be able to add slots by buying em with addy coins. Like pets that know only 2, you can add up to 3 more slots on =D. Be fun, or something.
Egg chopped off his arm to get rid of a rash, but its okay.. it'll grow back! He's a crab. Trist is my Fav TrollFace!!
Keighn
Stop posting already --;

Post by Keighn »

Ah, thanks for that bit of info. Maybe someday evolution will be a command rather than automatic. Might not matter if you can purchase avatars for your pet.
ZUPS!!!!
Keighn
Stop posting already --;

Post by Keighn »

OK, my dumb assed pet idea of the week: Pet page displayed on the main screen but you can still see your stats as well.

/pet to turn on and off
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
ZUPS!!!!
Ozimandias
Here for the lesbians.

Post by Ozimandias »

That quick reference is actually a neat little idea. Also, pets can equip collars/necklaces? Or is that a new idea too?
EDIT: Maybe it could be used to view on a characters page in the armory?
Keighn
Stop posting already --;

Post by Keighn »

Oh the item thing has been an idea for a while. Other options on the sheet could be modifications added for golems, tint color (though you can see that). Other wands that have been used on it like the wand where the pet won't get very unhappy. Token its tied to etc. Current actions displayed: heel, wander, guard, etc.
ZUPS!!!!
Ozimandias
Here for the lesbians.

Post by Ozimandias »

hey, just an idea to up the advancement rate of taming (since it is probably the most tedious of skills to work on in terms of effort and reward - till drakes and the like),

Maybe teaching pets new moves/spells could add increase to taming % per use very slightly.

Not really cheesable, unless the person has a metric fuckton of gp.