RFC - pets

Moderator: EUO Moderators

Severian
Good morning, Captain.

Re: RFC - pets

Post by Severian »

Maybe we should have a quota instead of just 1 slot. For example:

- let a player's pet quota = that player's taming skill.
- suppose a troll shaman takes up 10 pet quota units.
- then a player with 100 taming could control 10 troll shamans ...

(though in this case, the pet raise scroll could be problematic - unless it raises all dead pets or gives us a menu ...)
TheCrusher
I once posted in TFIOOC!

Post by TheCrusher »

I think it'd be cool if all pets could level to 75 and gain like +0.5 melee and +0.5 spell damage per level (can't remember exactly how much they gain now, if any spell damage at all) this could give pets a bit more power to go along with all this other cool sounding stuff. Pet inventory is pretty awesome sounding, maybe instead of a necklace you could opt for a 'pet backpack' for more pet storage inventory

a command for the pet to attack the same target you have would be nice. /attacksame ?

Pokeballs -
Maybe same as 'pet slots' in your inventory? like you could only hold so many in your inventory, 5 slots. *assuming names are gonna be changed
pokeball - 1 slots - rabbits to fel orcs?
megaball - 2 slots - troll mages and minos?
ultraball - 5 slots - dragons and such
sdf.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
IT IS S
LAUGHING OUT LOUD LIKE A MORON

Post by IT IS S »

Experience required to gain a level lower for weak creatures/ higher for strong creatures.
(t)alk to (very weak) wild creatures to make them 'blue' (good but not your pet). Selling your pet to a merchant. (incentive perhaps to tame the otherwise less desirable pets).
I like the idea of unique pet abilities, but I understand the complications involving that.
There is no cheesing that is not skill
Keighn
Stop posting already --;

Post by Keighn »

I was thinking that if pets do get an inventory that (t) talking to them would open up the inventory in a bookform(similar to how books are read) and the side iventory which is yours. The book has the sprite of the pet and a list or boxes of items it can wear. Similar to paperdoll effect. Items can then be transferred from you to pet inventory slots and vice versa. Probably with (r) ready command. Shift switches selection between pet inventory and your inventory.

There's probably a far easier way.
Keighn
Stop posting already --;

Post by Keighn »

Better yet, the side bar just shows all items and readying puts it in the slot, ie collar goes in neck slot for pet. Shift Z removes all items from pet.

Golem Augmentation devices:
Armour Plating
Neural Resisting Field (more MR)
Repairing Module (regeneration)
Mounted Gun (like musket) (bullets)
Lightning Rod Module (uses essenses of lightning for ammo)
Flame Wand Module (fire embers for ammo)
wishIwasDM
Post in swahili or SHUT THE FUCK UP!

Post by wishIwasDM »

the cat from pic 1 has some uber balls
The snake only strikes when the stars are aligned.
Keighn
Stop posting already --;

Post by Keighn »

Jealous? And ripley is a she as egg has stated. Someone needs to retake basic anatomy 101. :P
eggmceye
hello

Post by eggmceye »

dat's flab you fool :lesson:
eggmceye
hello

Post by eggmceye »

Keighn wrote: Golem Augmentation devices:
Armour Plating
Neural Resisting Field (more MR)
Repairing Module (regeneration)
Mounted Gun (like musket) (bullets)
Lightning Rod Module (uses essenses of lightning for ammo)
Flame Wand Module (fire embers for ammo)
now you're talking!
Keighn
Stop posting already --;

Post by Keighn »

I also forgot to put in that post:
Antigravity Boots/or mantle (as I hate my golem being left behind).
Sub-neural interface (sub-neural helm to do this as well) for controlling your golem manually.
Repulsion Field Generator (causes fear for short periods of time)
Self-Destruct Overide Switch (kills the golem but man the exposion and damage).
IT IS S

Post by IT IS S »

now you're talking!
Ehm, was that sarcastic, or do you really want a list of cheesy items? (No offense, Keighn, but those are some pretty hefty benefits you're talking about.)
Items I would like: :psychotic:
Damage Share: Any damage on your pet is reduced to 2/3, but the same damage is applied to you.
Shadow Seal: Anytime you take damage you switch places with your pet (one shot item?)
Mirror Seal: Reversed of Shadow Seal
Freakin' Laser: Attach it to your pet's head.
Headache: HP--, Exp++
Leather Leash: Decrease bonding time

BTW does the party-Exp-for-pets-rule still apply, or have party-experience-rules been changed all together?

It would be nice if pets had some gear slots. (Only a head for bats two heads for ettins X-D .) The str to equip stuff should increase with level. (Lvl 25 bat with horned helm X-D .) Perhaps night-vision for pets/mobs should be implemented in this case.

BTW what will happen with pets we already have? (Level 25 bat X-D )
Keighn
Stop posting already --;

Post by Keighn »

My suggestions were more or less aimed towards golems as lots of people don't like them even though they're very handy. Sure they were a bit over-the-tpp perhaps but it really depends on how far you take the suggestion. Think engineering/tinkering (hell maybe a new skill of Automaton Enineering).
Evanthia
buying vamp LS of any kind +5

Post by Evanthia »

Actually, it'd be kinda cool if tinkers could upgrade golems, it would make tinkering and golems more popular. Of course, the items you mentioned sound a little sci-fi, but I'm sure we can ome up with EUO themed versions of them
They say insanity is bad, but it hasn't killed me yet.
~_~_~_~_~_~_~_~_~_~_~_~_~_~_~_~_~_~_~_~_~_~
Finished contests:
Scavenger hunt; Winner: Rusty
Bounty Hunter; Winner: Kin
What's that GOLEM?; Winner: Sephiroth

Current contest:
http://www.forums.swut.net/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=4052 ((Triple Competition, great prizes!))
Ozimandias
Here for the lesbians.

Post by Ozimandias »

Keighn's ideas are fucking awesome. Since you have to put in a "different kind" of hard effort into getting/crafting one, I truly believe that golem lovers (like me) should get certain buffs and brags that regular pet owner's don't. Perhaps the same goes for tamable pets, since I don't truly know how hard it is to do that.

Some of my ideas for golem augmentation:
Heat Seeking Missile Pod (like normal ranged weapons, only they never miss and are a bit stronger - maybe dependent on owner's DEX stat?)
Vibro Rod (Golem melee weapon for those who don't like ranged for whatever reason. Based on golem's regular attack plus owner's DEX stat?)
Shell-Armour Exterior (adds 1 point of defense for every level you're golem has gained. This IS retroactive)
Compartment Mk I (allows golem to carry up to 75 points of weight)
Compartment Mk II (upgrade and replacement for above, adds 50 more points of carry'able weight -125)
Compartment Mk III (upgrade and replacement for above, adds 75 more points of carriable wieght -200)
*Special Move for Brass Golems* (Only applies to Brass. Cannot be undone)
*Special Move for Ebony Golem* (Only for Ebony. Cannot be undone)
*Special Move for Wood Golem* (Only for Wood. Cannot be undone)

On a side note, maybe the augments suggested by Keighn and I could be bought at some new store (with a steampunk/sci-fi feel to it :dance: ) for in game cash. Perhaps the more bad ass ones could be purchasable with addy coins.
There are three kinds of people in this world: those who can count, and those who can't,
IT IS S

Post by IT IS S »

I've always fancied the idea that after taming a species, you'd be better at reading their moves or determining their health/power.
Pets could 'misbehave', requiring interaction/training by the owner. F.i. attacking players of another race, requiring the owner to say 'heel' (or not).
Pet battles. Type 'battle playername' .
Evanthia

Post by Evanthia »

IT IS S wrote:I've always fancied the idea that after taming a species, you'd be better at reading their moves or determining their health/power.
Pets could 'misbehave', requiring interaction/training by the owner. F.i. attacking players of another race, requiring the owner to say 'heel' (or not).
Pet battles. Type 'battle playername' .
I like the idea of pets having a more advanced AI, like attacking players with PvP on randomly, but that would mean players would have to be able to target the pets and fight back, which would lead to people randomly attacking other player's pets. Unless Egg made a crim system for pets I don't see that happening. Although, having it randomly wander off and such, and requiring more advanced training techniques after taming (that would raise taming faster than feeding your pet, but only up to 20% above the level the pet can be tamed at) would be pretty cool.
Finished contests:

Current contest:
http://www.forums.swut.net/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=4052 ((Triple Competition, great prizes!))
IT IS S

Post by IT IS S »

With the new lethal traps, rats should automatically try to disarm nearby traps (rats are smart and nimble). Taming a rat isn't too much to ask for trap disarming for non rogues IMHO.
Keighn
Stop posting already --;

Post by Keighn »

If they're so smart then how come I end up with so many mousetraps/rattraps full of dead mice and rats?
Evanthia

Post by Evanthia »

Keighn wrote:If they're so smart then how come I end up with so many mousetraps/rattraps full of dead mice and rats?
Their skill in traps was low, and you godmodded to make all your traps deathtraps. Simple gaming logic
Finished contests:

Current contest:
LaughingCoyote
egg has really fucked this game up :(

Post by LaughingCoyote »

IT IS S wrote:With the new lethal traps, rats should automatically try to disarm nearby traps (rats are smart and nimble). Taming a rat isn't too much to ask for trap disarming for non rogues IMHO.
Real-Life Hero-rats! They use them to find landmines in Tanzania. :lesson:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/APOPO
Hecate wrote: I feel even more evil than ever, milking cows before killing them.
eggmceye wrote:pretty cool having vigour put in the manual after 14 years X-D