32x32 tileset - UPDATED

Moderator: EUO Moderators

eggmceye
hello

Re: 32x32 tileset - UPDATED

Post by eggmceye »

here are 2 sets
the old set with necessary updates (extra grass, new signs, 1 new tile)

and an alt set with fancy water & lava

as far as the old tiles go, that's it from me - I'll update the OP in the future
btiles20.32.png
btiles20.32.png
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Bugbo
Girls only want boyfriends who have great skills.

Post by Bugbo »

Took the stained glass window and made it a bit rounder.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Keighn
Stop posting already --;

Post by Keighn »

I still wish we had a lot more tiles for outdoors and indoors. There's so many possibilities to make the merging of terrain types more fluid (albeit I only started working in 16x16 I have no or little hopes messing with 32x32 or greater). That lava, god.. too awesome.
Sweetie
I'll be going back to Tibia next week.

Post by Sweetie »

i really really loved the lava tiles, so i took it and recoloured it, as well as re-did high seas. it flows a little better, but still looks different.

Keighn liked, so i had to post.

edit: i didn't like the way the water moved. left left right right left left right right left left...i like the "lava lamp" look like the lava. that's why i just recoloured it.
LordMortiferus
MACRO > me

Post by LordMortiferus »

Sweetie wrote:edit: i didn't like the way the water moved. left left right right left left right right left left...i like the "lava lamp" look like the lava. that's why i just recoloured it.
Kay after several hours of trail and error I think I have been able to reconstruct the lava animation and applied it to the water tiles:
water.png
notes to myself: 96x96 underwater animation (make 4 frames in total), 2 waves, no sun, depth 3, reflection yes - repeat for the 4 frames.
Sweetie

Post by Sweetie »

LordMortiferus wrote: notes to myself: 96x96 underwater animation (make 4 frames in total), 2 waves, no sun, depth 3, reflection yes - repeat for the 4 frames.
what'd you just call me? X)
CIAassassin
Posting from my ass computer.

Post by CIAassassin »

questions: do we have any terrain tiles in the work for mapped to make the land to lava, mountains to grass/lava a little more fluid or are the tiles being put on the back burner?

is it possible to make an undertile format for lava/water/grass, ie the shapes of the river/foothills with the pink out to show what is underneath the tile a la avatars when walking.

probably a stupid question: do any new tiles need to be done in a 32x32 format, ie are we stretching 16x16 to 32x32.

this is the idea I had for a lava skin. I just recolored the river tiles to add a glow around the edges to indicate a river of lava. If we could put these over a lava tile it would make mapping easy. Just my two cents.
Rikimaru

"Oh, you're a lesbian? That's cool, I'm a lesbian trapped in a mans body, we should date."
LordMortiferus
MACRO > me

Post by LordMortiferus »

In theory it is possible to use a pink background on paths and foodhills, but my guess is that the majority of undertiles for these must be set manually.
Regarding lava - would it not be fairly easy to assign additional maptile #char to shore and rivertiles (same as passable and unpassable forest)? Edit: I did not consider that the offical shore/rivertiles are green which probably looks a bit weird next to lava.
CIAassassin

Post by CIAassassin »

honestly I would have no problem assigning the under tiles manually just for that perfectionist touch. Would be cool to be able to under tile to all scenarios, ie foothill with dirt/grass/lava etc. While I love the graphics of EUO, the blockiness kinda irks my OCD from time to time.

Yea, the grass next to lava was my main concern. Again it's my OCD kicking in. Plus it just opens more detailing options for maps. Keighn mentioned in an earlier post.
Rikimaru

"Oh, you're a lesbian? That's cool, I'm a lesbian trapped in a mans body, we should date."
Keighn
Stop posting already --;

Post by Keighn »

Rusty worked on an overlay for dual tiles a while ago using black/white at the time. I messed around with this idea for 16x16 tiles but edges looked off when meshing two types of terrains. Manual is cool and there's been a lot of map programs for printing out maps that I've used for that. IN-game I wish maped did work in some sort of layer system for placement of tiles. Stacking tiles and features would seem great IMHO, but I'm betting it might be a bit of work to redefine what is an item, a undertile, a road, a tile to place over water.

Some map programs are over complicated. (Arcanum perhaps). Maybe if I actually produce a map I'd understand maped utilities more fully.
CIAassassin

Post by CIAassassin »

Possibly might be a problem to code. Maybe instead of a full rework, just a few specific tiles need to be changed? There is a rudimentary layering system in place as is, f/s&m go over i which goes over t. The undertiles work by assigning the background tile of a "furniture-like item." A rework of the river/foothill tile to a "furniture-like item" would allow you to place the actual water/lava/dirt/grass directly on the square after placing the given tile.

As a sidenote, if the river tile got reworked to utilize undertiles or was moved to the i menu, (which would be a bitch for sure due to btile modification at that point) it would eliminate the footpath tile all together (and the crazy bends for ne/nw/se/sw travel), and at the same time giving you a potential 224 different footpath combinations.

Might be an over simplified process in my mind. I dunno exactly what it would entail to do that on a coding aspect. These are just a few things Ive notice so far. Looking at mapped there could be another 486 tile possibilities by making 27 tiles utilize undertiles features.

Anyway, now that Ive skirted 3 or 4 different thread topics in one post, Ill get back to making more maps. Apparently I have a lot of polishing that needs to be done to my first turd I sent egg. :fp:

totally unrelated: I tried to put my lava skin over the river skin and it only shows the pink background. Ive checked the pink color, and that is 255 0 255 not sure what is going on. Picture below.
Rikimaru

MoonGoat
Good morning, Captain.

Post by MoonGoat »

It's kind of the same for path tiles. In my house on reg i had some path tiles on dirt floor, but since they automatically got grass around them i removed them.
"When life gives you lemons, don't make lemonade. Make life take the lemons back! Get mad! I don't want your damn lemons, what am I supposed to do with these? Demand to see life's manager! Make life rue the day it thought it could give Cave Johnson lemons! Do you know who I am? I'm the man who's gonna burn your house down! With the lemons! I'm gonna get my engineers to invent a combustible lemon that burns your house down!"
―Cave Johnson
Sweetie

Post by Sweetie »

CIA, what program are you using? i suggest using paint.net. some programs won't allow the tile to be "transparent" even though it says it is. with having that 255 0 255, Paint (stock Win7) will show up pink everytime, however, Paint (stock XP) will be transparent.
CIAassassin

Post by CIAassassin »

Im using win 7 paint. Will download paint.net. Thanks.

got it fixed video here
Rikimaru

Sweetie

Post by Sweetie »

use the new lava. it has hot spots (yellow pixels) and it's nicer IMO. try that as well and see what it looks like. i like it though.
CIAassassin

Post by CIAassassin »

Sweetie wrote:use the new lava. it has hot spots (yellow pixels) and it's nicer IMO. try that as well and see what it looks like. i like it though.
I was actually thinking about doing that, maybe have it as the deep lava equivalent of deep water and use the old lava for the flows. Ill change it up and record it now. Gives me a reason to play with my new screen cap program :)

here is the side by side of the two lavas in action. Tell me whatcha think.
Rikimaru

Sweetie

Post by Sweetie »

I like the new lava better. :)
LordMortiferus
MACRO > me

Post by LordMortiferus »

CIAassassin wrote: A rework of the river/foothill tile to a "furniture-like item" would allow you to place the actual water/lava/dirt/grass directly on the square after placing the given tile.
If you like you can test converting paths, foothills or what ever into furniture like items. First add the pink background to the maptiles you want to convert. Next, find out the maptile numbers of the maptiles you have edited - you can do this with Maped by clicking on the tiles in the palette. E.g. for "maptile 76 (4c bv =0 bm =0): path", the 76 is the number you are looking for. Now in the \dat\ folder you have a file called underneath.txt - here you add the maptile numbers and save it. Restart Maped and you should see undertiles under your modified maptiles.
I recommend to close the EUO client while doing so and underneath.txt will be set back everytime you start EUO.
CIAassassin wrote:As a sidenote, if the river tile got reworked to utilize undertiles or was moved to the i menu, (which would be a bitch for sure due to btile modification at that point) it would eliminate the footpath tile all together (and the crazy bends for ne/nw/se/sw travel), and at the same time giving you a potential 224 different footpath combinations.
Like I said before, but striked out again, it should be possible to assign different maptile numbers to one and the same maptile graphic. Different maptiles by number sharing the same graphic can have different properties (like passable and unpassable forest). Well I think it wouldnt hurt to have river and shoreline maptiles as a second set with bm=0 and allowing undertiles - you probably could do some nice stuff with it.
LordMortiferus
MACRO > me

Post by LordMortiferus »

I took egg's latest btiles and modified it back to have a black background for grass/dirt tiles again - haven't touched anything else but the water/lava. While I like the egg's changes I do prefer the black background for maptiles.
Well, Imageshack screwed up my account so I am not sure how long this file stays up.

updated 2014/07/08
Last edited by LordMortiferus on Tue Jul 08, 2014 10:26 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Sweetie

Post by Sweetie »

I like my water better (the recolor of the lava (i like that lava lamp look)) BUT, i LOVE these new tiles Morty, i LOVE having the black backgrounds. i even asked egg about this when he put in the new tiles. he said he don't care about the black anymore, but it looks SO much better. great job!! :D