Re: 32x32 tileset - UPDATED

Post by KoRnAGAIN »

Gah those look so bad ass... :geek:

-Colt
Akyla
I accidently ate my friend's placenta!

Post by Akyla »

Wow just discovered this, love it, wondering why it isn't included as default for EUO install.
You get what anyone gets; you get a lifetime.
When the first living thing existed, I was there waiting.
When the last living thing dies, my job will be finished.
Next thing you're going to be moaning that I ought to get a scythe...
Grunkk
Tune in next time & see how they do it.

Post by Grunkk »

It is.
On a search to find the meaning of life... Oh wait, to get to level 450!
LordMortiferus
MACRO > me

Post by LordMortiferus »

Euotopia Scale2x Version. OUTDATED!
I used a Scale2x plugin for gimp to create these btiles. I had to manually cleanup btiles20. The result is a more comic-like look with smoother edges.
The overlay.png is probably not the original but a version from Keighn. While I have tested it, there might be still some glitches with this set (if anyone sees something strange with this set please leave a comment so I can fix it).
For btiles20.32 I recommend either my EUO Enhanced or egg's latest version (see somewhere above).
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Last edited by LordMortiferus on Sat May 17, 2014 6:31 am, edited 1 time in total.
LordMortiferus
MACRO > me

Post by LordMortiferus »

I just tested hqx2. I think this actually looks a bit better than scale2x. But hq2x tinkers with the rpg-values of the pixels. This means transparency and tinting do not work properly. Now depending on the feedback I get for the scale2x above, I probably would give hq2x another try. Fixing the transparency should not be a big problem but time consuming. Tinting on the other hand... Lets put it that way - I am not going again through roughly 1536 frames to change the rpg-value of nearly every gray pixel so they tint in game (maybe if egg would ask me, cause he really wants to use it for the game).

Anyways to use hq2x
1) Download the executable file from the homepage
2) Unpack it into your \euo\pics\ (or anyother folder you want)
3) Save the btilesXY.png as tga or bmp files into the folder you have unpacked hq2x
4) Run CMD (The dos command prompt for windows)
5) Change your path in cmd to the folder you have unpacked hq2x
6) type "hq2x inputfile.bmp outputfile.bmp" with in/outputfile being the name of the btile you want to scale
7) Save the created outputfile.bmp as a png-file to the \euo\pics folder. Remember to change the name to btilesXY.32.png

Edit: Transparency is not much of a problem (pixel resize original, copy pink bg, paste it over scaled version, bulk remove some on the black edge). This looks really good, too bad tinting doesnt work.
Maybe theres a way to select all grey-scaled pixel in a picture. Then I could resize them separately, reduce the color to greyscale and paste them over the scaled btiles. If anyone knows how to do this please let me know!
Aerie
Here for the lesbians.

Post by Aerie »

I :heart: it. Great work as always.

These are the old origional tiles though, egg made your new btiles20.32.png the "stock" set of tiles now. Then you fix the old ones. xD

edit: Can you do this with the btiles20.32 that egg has? :D
LordMortiferus
MACRO > me

Post by LordMortiferus »

I uploaded a zip containing hq2x scaled btiles to http://www.sharebigfile.com/en/file/7715/hq2x-zip.html (if you know a better filehoster without registration please let me know)
I think for btiles21to27 the results are very good but for the corrupted tinting. The mobs and avatars look very smooth and less pixelated.
See http://euotopia.com/manual/index.php/HiRes_Tilesets

@aerie: Thanks. I tried the scaling algorithms mostly for the items and avatars/mobs since, like you said, there are already 32x32 tilesets for the environment. Of cause I could upscale eggs 32x32 tileset to 64x64 but that resolution is not supported by the game.
Last edited by LordMortiferus on Thu May 24, 2012 11:35 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Aerie
Here for the lesbians.

Post by Aerie »

It is actually. I made a tile the other day and was playing around and made it all 64x64 and saved it as 32 and it worked perfectly
LordMortiferus
MACRO > me

Post by LordMortiferus »

Here an example of three different sprites after 2x scaling with different algorithms.
Meanwhile I have cleaned up the hq2x version of btiles21.32.png and added dye/tint support (it exceeds the 100kb limit though).
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Eidolon
I should probably get out more.

Post by Eidolon »

One thing I'm interested in knowing is how you do so much work on all the tiles and whatnot but have one of the ugliest player avatars in the game?
eggmceye
hello

Post by eggmceye »

yeh hq2x is da bomb, and now I'm vaguely recalling that I was meant to do some programmed version for it so you didn't have to actually photoshop scale them? :?

actually it's easier just to photoshop scale them
i) I don't have to do anything :cow:
ii) you can touch them up
Rufio

Post by Rufio »

LordMortiferus wrote:I uploaded a zip containing hq2x scaled btiles to http://www.sharebigfile.com/en/file/7715/hq2x-zip.html (if you know a better filehoster without registration please let me know)
I think for btiles21to27 the results are very good but for the corrupted tinting. The mobs and avatars look very smooth and less pixelated.
@aerie: Thanks. I tried the scaling algorithms mostly for the items and avatars/mobs since, like you said, there are already 32x32 tilesets for the environment. Of cause I could upscale eggs 32x32 tileset to 64x64 but that resolution is not supported by the game.
These look insanely good. I would make those my tiles as soon as it were available, this stuff is great! Keep it up man, your killin it :D
Rufio - Level 314 - Bloodkin - Mage
http://euotopia.com/plyr.php?p=Rufio&serv=reg
Aerie
Here for the lesbians.

Post by Aerie »

Rufio wrote:
LordMortiferus wrote:I uploaded a zip containing hq2x scaled btiles to http://www.sharebigfile.com/en/file/7715/hq2x-zip.html (if you know a better filehoster without registration please let me know)
These look insanely good. I would make those my tiles as soon as it were available, this stuff is great! Keep it up man, your killin it :D
It is available.. copy and paste. Change the name to ".32" on each of them. When you copy and paste it'll try to save as "_32". Then close out the came all the way and try again.
LordMortiferus
MACRO > me

Post by LordMortiferus »

@Eidolon: Its called role-playing - being a smart handsome scientist in real life (shawty will testify for it =D) and an "ugly" babrian dragon killer in a game.
@egg: yeah lets see how soon I get frustrated about this damn dyeing mod. Why not write a programmed version and we see what will work better afterwards.
@Rufio: thanks
@Aerie: yeah but those dont dye properly (my dragon looks like a cow) and are full of glitches.
Back to the science of chemistry for now ... I will work on the tiles when I have the time for it.
Rufio

Post by Rufio »

LordMortiferus wrote:@Aerie: yeah but those dont dye properly (my dragon looks like a cow) and are full of glitches.
Back to the science of chemistry for now ... I will work on the tiles when I have the time for it.
Which is why i was cheering him on to finish it and was encouraging him to keep going. I wouldn't of said keep it up if it was done. :abject:
Rufio - Level 314 - Bloodkin - Mage
http://euotopia.com/plyr.php?p=Rufio&serv=reg
Aerie
Here for the lesbians.

Post by Aerie »

I've been using them since he posted them. They're fine to me. I don't see anything wrong with anything.
LordMortiferus
MACRO > me

Post by LordMortiferus »

btiles21.32.png with hq2x for quality checking:
Update 11/10/09: fixed "a hole..."-Maptile 263 to resemble official 32x32 tileset and added yellow grid
Note 11/10/09: it seems some items look better with scale2x than hq2x, e.g. pots.
Update 11/10/23: used old shields, kept keighn's necklaces and rings though.

Update 12/05/24: http://euotopia.com/manual/index.php/HiRes_Tilesets
Last edited by LordMortiferus on Thu May 24, 2012 11:38 pm, edited 9 times in total.
Aerie
Here for the lesbians.

Post by Aerie »

Do you want feedback on them?
LordMortiferus
MACRO > me

Post by LordMortiferus »

btiles22.32 for quality checking:
Update 11/10/09: fixed dirt-Maptile "63" to resemble official 32x32 tileset.
Update 11/10/23: grid/tints.

Update 12/05/24: http://euotopia.com/manual/index.php/HiRes_Tilesets
Last edited by LordMortiferus on Thu May 24, 2012 11:38 pm, edited 5 times in total.
Aerie
Here for the lesbians.

Post by Aerie »

Excellent job dude. Keep on going! And do btiles25 next. XD