32x32 tileset - UPDATED

Moderator: EUO Moderators

wishIwasDM
Post in swahili or SHUT THE FUCK UP!

Re: 32x32 tileset

Post by wishIwasDM »

2 thumbs up - real good work. I can see this being default eventually
The snake only strikes when the stars are aligned.
eggmceye
hello

Post by eggmceye »

here you go
it's a client mod (not live till next week at the earliest) - euo figures out what flat tile to draw underneath things like furniture
20100526-103539.png
what you need to do is this:
1) for btiles20 (the terrain tiles) put a pink background where the black used to be and save - preferably put a nice black border/shadow around each tile that now has pink (similarly to items and mobs)
bg-pink.png
2) make a file underneath.txt in your dat directory that has a comma separated list of tile numbers that both have pink bgs and should not be used to draw as a tile underneath:

Code: Select all

this step is ideally this is something you won't actually do but I do once and it's patched
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
LordMortiferus
MACRO > me

Post by LordMortiferus »

eggmceye wrote:did extell really make the floors?
I presume it is his work. At least I only found one of those floor tiles in a screenshot he posted. I just tooked it, recoloured it and used it to make the floor tiles with the smaller slabs.

@all: Thanks for the positive feedback.
eggmceye
hello

Post by eggmceye »

I've added pink bg's and shadows to your set, and made a minor chg to the angel statues and anvil - but I think your grass is too brown but I didnt' change it
20100526-191557.png
20100526-191606.png
again, you'll have to wait for the patch before you can use it
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Khelben
on lolpatrol

Post by Khelben »

Looks good, mad props.
LordMortiferus
MACRO > me

Post by LordMortiferus »

Just wasted an hour to add a pink background to my tileset (not finished yet and will be uploaded later on). Great job egg - it looks really good and I think the statues look way better in grey.
eggmceye
hello

Post by eggmceye »

I think extell's floors that you used and I like so much are retints from u6. Since they have been 32x ified I consider them fair game.

If you use photoshop I can send you the psd of my mod of your set.
LordMortiferus
MACRO > me

Post by LordMortiferus »

eggmceye wrote:I think extell's floors that you used and I like so much are retints from u6. Since they have been 32x ified I consider them fair game.

If you use photoshop I can send you the psd of my mod of your set.
Thanks egg, but I am using some old version of paint shop. I used copy/paste from your png-file. I uploaded a version with minor changes and the pink background in my post above. Changes include one of the sign-tiles and I am using a pink background for the anvil as well (not sure if this is good or not).
Eidolon
I should probably get out more.

Post by Eidolon »

no matter what I do I cannot get this to work. I'm pretty much fucking fed up with windows 7 and doing simple things like changing out fucking tiles and shit. going thru and changing permissions for 5 minutes just to be able to fucking change the client.cfg.. so fucking aggravating.

even following Keighn's idiot proof directions yields the same cluster fuck of random tiles like people have posted screenshots of.

any ideas?
LordMortiferus
MACRO > me

Post by LordMortiferus »

Keighn wrote:Open my computer
Open drive your euo is installed upon
Open your euo directory folder
Open pics folder
There are tiles labelled btiles20.png, btiles21.png, btiles22.png, btiles23.png, btiles24.png, btiles25.png
place the 32x32 files in the pics folder.
Maxe sure the 32x32 files are labelled btiles20.32.png, btiles21.32.png, btiles22.32.png, btiles23.32.png, btiles24.32.png, btiles25.32.png

The .32 files can be removed any time if you want to see the original 16x16 tiles.

*NOTE: IF PICS ARE UPDATED IN A PATCH, THEN YOUR 32X32 TILES WILL NOT BE UPDATED.
Side notes:
- make sure to restart the euo client after installing any 32x32 set.
- you don't have to delete/remove/rename the original 16x16 files - the client will prefer the 32x32 sets if available.
- if you want to play with the 16x16 sets again, just delete/remove/rename any 32x32 sets.
Keighn
Stop posting already --;

Post by Keighn »

While looking at your amusing sig line I notice that awesome looking column. I don't recall seeing that before. Is it new in your pics or did I overlook it? (the mossy column)
LordMortiferus
MACRO > me

Post by LordMortiferus »

Keighn wrote:While looking at your amusing sig line I notice that awesome looking column. I don't recall seeing that before. Is it new in your pics or did I overlook it? (the mossy column)
Actually I used the new column in my sig because I was aware of the fact that some people hadn't checked for updates in my post above :twisted:. Anyways there won't be any updates soon and if I will update the set, I will keep in mind to give this threat a bump.
eggmceye
hello

Post by eggmceye »

I agree, the sig is fantastic - and the column too
I think my preferred set now is basically yours but with haxima water & lava
Rufio
Tune in next time & see how they do it.

Post by Rufio »

Looks great! Congratulations to all who put effort into this, keep goin at it, looks fantastic! :D
Rufio - Level 314 - Bloodkin - Mage
http://euotopia.com/plyr.php?p=Rufio&serv=reg
LordMortiferus
MACRO > me

Post by LordMortiferus »

eggmceye wrote:I agree, the sig is fantastic - and the column too
I think my preferred set now is basically yours but with haxima water & lava
I feel like being knighted by our drunken dictator:
accolate.gif
Sorry I got carried away.
Thank you all for the positive feedback here in the forum and in-game. If you have suggestions or negative critics tell me as well and I try to make it even better.
And I want to thank the original artists, whose artwork can be found in my set.
jumpstart
Tune in next time & see how they do it.

Post by jumpstart »

LAUGHING OUT LOUD LIKE A MORON
~Mario
LordMortiferus
MACRO > me

Post by LordMortiferus »

Updated my 32x32 set on the previous page since egg made a new sign for farming supplies. Its Just a quick and dirty update from me.
Tarius
Hey I just posted on an internet forum!

Post by Tarius »

Heyho.

I took the sets of McEmo, Keighn and LordMortiferus and made myself one based on them. I tried to always took the best tiles from each set, so the grass is (which I slightly improved using LordMortiferus grass tiles) from McEmo, almost the top half from Keighn and the rest from LordMortiferus. The pillars on the top are also from LordMortiferus' set. The snow is my own creation, I could've made them like the grass but that would've looked horrible on Snowy Island, so I tried to make an improved version of the original snow. I also modified the dark dirt tiles to look more green-ish (e.g. there is some grass, but really few).

As for tile improvement: The sign holders/pedestal thingie on the bottom-left side of the set really need to be items, so you are able to add transparency.

I hope you like it :).

Screenshots:

Credits:

McEmo
Keighn
LordMortiferus
Everyone listed here I guess
and me.
eggmceye
hello

Re: 32x32 tileset - UPDATED

Post by eggmceye »

bump for my 32x tileset update
see OP for instructions & credits
eggmceye
hello

Re: 32x32 tileset - UPDATED

Post by eggmceye »

fffff