32x32 tileset - UPDATED

Moderator: EUO Moderators

Devlin
Post in swahili or SHUT THE FUCK UP!

Re: 32x32 tileset - UPDATED

Post by Devlin »

Aerie wrote:@egg: You never replied to any of these and said if these were good or not, that's why I haven't worked on many more since. :/

What's your opinion?
I prefer the sort-of cartoony style (like the way the food is done) and that it will certainly fit better with the default euo spriteset

and *fuck no* to the runescape tiles >.<
Aerie
Here for the lesbians.

Post by Aerie »

i deleted the runescape tiles after i posted them. i just thought it was a /laugh thing and i went on doing the other tiles.
Devlin

Post by Devlin »

Aerie wrote:i deleted the runescape tiles after i posted them. i just thought it was a /laugh thing and i went on doing the other tiles.
fairy do's

but honestly stick with the cartoon style like you're doing with the food, it looks very clear and well presented
Aerie
Here for the lesbians.

Post by Aerie »

don't like my weapons and rings? :(
Devlin

Post by Devlin »

Aerie wrote:don't like my weapons and rings? :(
Never said I didn't like them, but they don't really fit in with the rest of the tiles.
Aerie
Here for the lesbians.

Post by Aerie »

I gotcha.
GoldenGanondorf
I used to bake rockcakes in my bakery.

Post by GoldenGanondorf »

This isnt a tile update but a sound file update so there is a cooler sieze sound

https://docs.google.com/file/d/0B7_1mHE ... edit?pli=1

And was wondering if somebody could change the blue line in the pic files to the scorpion hook would be appreciated.
EUO the only game you can kill a Dragon while butchering his dead brother at the same time.
LordMortiferus
MACRO > me

Post by LordMortiferus »

Just noted that the hq2x tileset needed an update for the sigils. I think everything should be fine now und you guys can download it from the manual.

@Ganondorf: Could you be a bit more precise about what you want to have changed.
Keighn
Stop posting already --;

Post by Keighn »

Can someone explain to me the differences and how these are made (normal to hq2x)?
ZUPS!!!!
LordMortiferus
MACRO > me

Post by LordMortiferus »

Keighn wrote:Can someone explain to me the differences and how these are made (normal to hq2x)?
Check out the manual page I linked to in my post above. There you will find infos regarding pixel scaling and a link to a program being able to scale images with different algorithms (e.g. hq2x).

The concept behind pixel scaling algorithms is to enhance the quality of a picture (pixel art) during a resize step to 2x, 3x or 4x times the original size.
Keighn
Stop posting already --;

Post by Keighn »

That's pretty neat. Tell me we don't have to actually type out an algorithm code to do this ourselves. There is some sort of 3rd party software that is free that can do the conversion for us. Or do we just send it to you. :P

While it does look pretty neat, I still feel it loses a bit of something that the personal pixel by pixel paint yourself method produces. Maybe that's just me. I'm not even a amture rank artist so my opinion is a tad moot.
Last edited by Keighn on Mon Jan 21, 2013 7:24 am, edited 1 time in total.
LordMortiferus
MACRO > me

Post by LordMortiferus »

Like I said there are links to programs on the manual that can do it for you.

Well I am not going to argue that making 32x32 sprites from stretch probably looks better than scaling 16x16 to 32x32 - but count how many sprites this game has at moment and imagine you have to redraw every single one of them.
Keighn
Stop posting already --;

Post by Keighn »

Well, it'd be easier than thinking of doing them from scratch. Perhaps I just have too much time on my hand. Who else has over 8gigs of euo crap on their computer? And let me tell you its an aboslute mess of files (too many copies probably and side projects).

On a separate note I thought I read something about 64x64 pixelation for the newer euo project? Mayhap I'm misreading something.
Keighn
Stop posting already --;

Post by Keighn »

OK, since I fixed my own. Here's the updated one from way back that should work now:
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Grunkk
Tune in next time & see how they do it.

Post by Grunkk »

I still don't understand why my ugly banner is still in the overlay.
On a search to find the meaning of life... Oh wait, to get to level 450!
eggmceye
hello

Post by eggmceye »

I kinda liked it but have never gotten around to using it ...
Grunkk
Tune in next time & see how they do it.

Post by Grunkk »

There was another one that someone else made which looks better imo, it's in the other topic where the weapons overlay was getting most of the attention.
On a search to find the meaning of life... Oh wait, to get to level 450!
Keighn
Stop posting already --;

Post by Keighn »

Yeah I saw the better one and should have adopted it. I'll have to go and do that over again. Lemme see if I can find it, post it and you tell me if that's the better one.

It's not the one down t here in this thread is it?

EUO Tiles & Avatars

I believe you made an overlay depicting it. I also noticed I never put Mort's kite shield in. Gah!
KittyTristy
BBQ ABC <3

Post by KittyTristy »

I'm working on putting together a 32x tileset, using a mix of free resources as well as some original work. Speaking of original work, I made this tile for my tileset, but I wanted to offer it here for use in the official tileset, if it's deemed to be good enough! :3
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Celerion
LAUGHING OUT LOUD LIKE A MORON

Post by Celerion »

For those of you, who still want to use the old tileset (from page 1 of this thread) with the recent update (03-26-2013), I copied together the one below.

- Shouldn't have yellow spots on the continent (which would occur, if you directly used the image on page 1).
- Uses LordMortiferus' beautiful lava (also found on page 1).

As always, the image-file needs to be renamed to "btiles20.32.png" and needs to be placed in the "C:\...\euo\pics"-directory (make a backup of the file that's already in there first).

Have fun!

Here it is: btiles20.32.png