Argue all you like about classes in this thread - it's a FFA

"eventually EUO will get to the point its (sic) unplayable" - Dudle

Moderator: EUO Moderators

Re: Argue all you like about classes in this thread - it's a FFA

Postby DarkIllusionist » Wed Mar 24, 2010 4:02 pm

Khelben wrote:If you're smart you'll know that flurry is only available as a special to one of the 9 different weapon types and you're still not guaranteed to get the last of the hp down before they heal, unlike IJO (not asking to have IJO nerfed, just want something of the equivalent in melee). Chasing down a monsters with a slow weapon is annoying whatever monster it is.


I dont see how chasing them down with Ctrl + Dir is harder than using Ctrl + Shift + Dir on an incredibly slow spell.

IJO does high damage, no denying that, but it does good damage only on some monsters, does low damage if you dont break there int, and sometimes if you do it in the middle of a fight, it ends up doing some crappy amount of damage like 1. All in all, its weaknesses balance its faults.

Khelben wrote:Melee damage scales slowly, still true. You have to spend points in 2 different attributes to get more AS (read: damage) as melee, still true. Dex is a useless stat other than bumping AS after ~250, still true ie str still gives hp/load, int gives mana/mr, dex; nothing after 250 except AS when combined with str.


Just because it needs 2 stats, does not mean it scales slowly.

50 50, as opposed to 100% from one stat. Its the same! If int were split and it turned into 50-50, it would not mean it scales slower, it just means you have to spend your stats in a different way, that being said, i dont know exactly how it scales, can someone shine some light on this?

Though i wont deny that dex doesnt really do much other than scale damage, im thinking it should give more of a defence/dodge bonus, plus there needs to be stronger melee stuff.

Khelben wrote:Ted can easily kill shadow warriors with ~30 def, no need for 75+def. Now, if I want to start killing dragons comfortably I'm looking at spending the next 40-70 levels upping my int and hoping for better MR gear. Those 40-70 levels will also be without any increase in my damage output which is already very low. I'll say it, def is pretty much a worthless attribute and waste of gear, thunderclap sucks too.


Instead of upping your int, just put it straight into strength, and you know, get some +4 MR gear.

It shouldnt take to many pieces of +4 combined with the INT you obviously have as a priest (Do you have any int as a priest), to easily push you above the cap to hunt blues or even stronger dragons.

That being said, why even hunt dragons, just take on the shadow warriors! They have better drops, and respectable XP.
Last edited by DarkIllusionist on Wed Mar 24, 2010 4:08 pm, edited 1 time in total.
ChildProdigy
User avatar
DarkIllusionist
LAUGHING OUT LOUD LIKE A MORON
 
Posts: 56
Joined: Mon Mar 24, 2008 1:30 pm

Re: Argue all you like about classes in this thread - it's a FFA

Postby Khelben » Wed Mar 24, 2010 7:35 pm

DarkIllusionist wrote:I dont see how chasing them down with Ctrl + Dir is harder than using Ctrl + Shift + Dir on an incredibly slow spell.


...or Alt + Dir depending on your keybind. Anyway, as a mage, you have still have the option of not having to chase them but cast a ranged spell.

DarkIllusionist wrote:IJO does high damage, no denying that, but it does good damage only on some monsters, does low damage if you dont break there int, and sometimes if you do it in the middle of a fight, it ends up doing some crappy amount of damage like 1. All in all, its weaknesses balance its faults.


Really, it doesn't take much to figure out how many XCs or VOGs it takes before you can step in and remove the 200-1000+ remaining health with IJO.

DarkIllusionist wrote:Just because it needs 2 stats, does not mean it scales slowly.


I know that, you misunderstood me because I didn't formulate my sentence in a correct way.

DarkIllusionist wrote:50 50, as opposed to 100% from one stat. Its the same! If int were split and it turned into 50-50, it would not mean it scales slower, it just means you have to spend your stats in a different way, that being said, i dont know exactly how it scales, can someone shine some light on this?


Read above. Anyway, I have the feeling that the damage increase per level-ups is lower for melee classes than mages. I'm probably completely wrong.

DarkIllusionist wrote:Though i wont deny that dex doesnt really do much other than scale damage, im thinking it should give more of a defence/dodge bonus, plus there needs to be stronger melee stuff.


Rather have it give more MR than defence as defence isn't an attribute that anyone wants anyway.

DarkIllusionist wrote:Instead of upping your int, just put it straight into strength, and you know, get some +4 MR gear.

That's easier said that done (except the quest ring), I recall having started farming shadow warriors at around level 130 and still have to find a +4 MR item.

DarkIllusionist wrote:It shouldnt take to many pieces of +4 combined with the INT you obviously have as a priest (Do you have any int as a priest), to easily push you above the cap to hunt blues or even stronger dragons.

I have 25 int on my priest up to date. Priests' main attack is melee, thus I wanted to pump points in str. Int gives mana and MR but no increase in spell damage/effectiveness for priests (as far as I know), and I have no need for more mana as 25 is quick to regenerate and enough to be able to cast VM in a sticky situation.

DarkIllusionist wrote:That being said, why even hunt dragons, just take on the shadow warriors! They have better drops, and respectable XP.


Shadow warriors are getting boring and I heard them blood enemies drop even better stuff and give more exp.

eggmceye wrote:the only thing more annoying than having to chase down a mob to kill it is having to listen to khelben complaining about it


I only do it because I love you.

Disclaimer
All my recent playing experience comes from the PD server where you play a bit more conservatively and stat-gains differ and remort is in effect. I am also not here to cry for nerfs for mages, I'd like to see the melee classes get some lovin' to make them more enjoyable and give them a more versatile playstyle.
Last edited by Khelben on Wed Mar 24, 2010 8:30 pm, edited 2 times in total.
User avatar
Khelben
on lolpatrol
 
Posts: 293
Joined: Mon Aug 09, 2004 9:33 pm
Location: Somewhere in Canada

Re: Argue all you like about classes in this thread - it's a FFA

Postby Rusty76 » Wed Mar 24, 2010 8:13 pm

Rule of the Internet #11: All of your carefully picked arguments can easily be ignored.
User avatar
Rusty76
Posting from my ass computer.
 
Posts: 600
Joined: Mon May 22, 2006 4:28 pm
Location: Cleveland, TX USA

Re: Argue all you like about classes in this thread - it's a FFA

Postby Broden » Thu Mar 25, 2010 3:55 am

Rusty76 wrote:Rule of the Internet #11: All of your carefully picked arguments can easily be ignored.


This is the third time in the past 24 hrs something from the forums really has made me laugh out loud.
"Dean! Have you been shooting dope into your scrotum?! You can tell me... I'm hip!" - Rusty Venture
User avatar
Broden
Good morning, Captain.
 
Posts: 341
Joined: Fri May 02, 2003 4:20 am

Previous

Return to EUO Development

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 3 guests

cron