I never saw a claymore arty

here my idea:
Flamberge:
claymore +7 ifh

shield idea:

Dragonshield:
+5 def
15% fireresistance

I noticed on NG that hunting with a barbed chopper ( plus a cpr shield dex +27) is more effective than a br claymore 8 (even with berserk). But i wanted my char as 2h swordsman.
Keighn
Stop posting already --;

Re: RFC - artifacts

Post by Keighn »

Le bump:

Btw, still thinking of an artifact claymore. I want a holy avenger some day that turns undead and is silver. Or banish.. that'd be more effective than turn undead.. or both. think Keller shank.
TheOneGuy
Post in swahili or SHUT THE FUCK UP!

Post by TheOneGuy »

Old artifacts should scale with level! Also set bonus for old gear (SC full set -25% damage taken + 25% damage dealt)

New artifact sets and artifacts that alter game play like:

Shield of Serpent Isle - Buckler + 3 def - x3 cooldown time for caster, -25% damage taken, Regenerate.

Lord Byron's Blessing - Necklace + 4 AS use players Int for weapon enchants!

Shadow Lord's Armor- Field plate +6 Def +5 MR casts Sanct Lor at 50% HP
Shadow lord's wrath - Short sword +7 AS - cast Sanct Lor after killing as enemy

Blood Queen's heart- Leather armor - Immune to Bleed, Protection, -50% aep time +Health
Blood Queens Furry - Claymore, +9 (VXMP) or w/e blood drain is

The Gazers Eye- Cap +20 int +5 MR x2 longer AEP time.

Phoenix's Heart- necklace Applies death ward to owner -120 sec cooldown
Phoenix's Wings - Leather boots +50% move speed
Phoenix's Flame - Leather Torso deals damage based on level (20-100) so enemies within 2 squares req. level 100

I think it would be awesome if artifacts were some thing you could build around

I would also like to see sets of drops from specific bosses. Artifacts that they are far more likely to drop from a boss like blood queens, gazer, phoenix ect.(And more big "end level" bosses)
all i want is a test server for maped then ill be happy ...
Rumper
Post in swahili or SHUT THE FUCK UP!

Post by Rumper »

I don't think the reason artifacts exists is to be the best available weapon/armour for a certain class. I think it exists so you can collect them, show off and myth/myst/astr gear with them.
Artifacts stand for ""an object made by a human being, typically one of cultural or historical interest."" Or something similar according to google.

So I would like to have more arties in the game aslong as they're a joke item. Personally I think Mark of the Beholder is overkill. (But I use it cause it's so good!)
Boots of blinding speed is the best arty ever!

Couple of ideas :)
Meaty goggles of the seer. Gives you +Xray Vision and aggroes all mobs withing 8 tiles. (Outside your view range) or +cofuse
Levitating torso of pure weight. +Levitation and maxes your load limit.
Pissed trunks +bad breath +criminal
Unmoving shield +100% block, can't move
Punish stick Makes mobs neutral but doesn't deal any damage.
Azalynn
Good morning, Captain.

Post by Azalynn »

Heikki wrote:How about random artifact generator:

- Item get random d3+1 properties:

- Properties: Defence, Attack, Stat, Enchant, Vigour, Mana leech, MR, NV, Tint

Weapons can get: Attack, Stat, Enchant, Mana leech, Tint
Armours can get: Defence, Attack, Stat, Vigour, MR, NV, Tint
Jewerly can get: Defence, Attack, Stat, Vigour, MR, NV, Tint

Defence (from 5 to 7), Attack (from 7 to 9), Stat (from 30 to 36), Enchant (Any, Allso: VF, KXQ etc), Vigour (from 15 to 20), Mana leech, MR (from 5 to 10), NV (from 3 to 6), Tint (Any, allso crystal)

Example:
Player get random weapon with 2+1 properties:

Longsword: Attack +8, Str + 34, NV 4

There should allso be artifact name generator:
Example:
Longsword: Attack +8, Str + 34, NV 4 would be something like:
Devastating Colossal Longsword of Vision

Devastating from attack bonus, colossal from str bonus and vision from NV bonus

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

2nd idea:
One use artifacts:
Example:
Potion of swordmanship --> Raises Swordmanship skill cap with 5%

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I still endorse this idea. Super hard.
Regular
Thrall

PD
Thrall
Azalynn
Zyth
Tyrande
Azmodan
Elias
Az
Ass - LOTL
Zyth - LOTL
1[WoWz]
MACRO > me

Post by 1[WoWz] »

Diabloesque random artifacts ftw
IGN: 1
Bugbo
Girls only want boyfriends who have great skills.

Post by Bugbo »

Now that there's a belt slot we need some belt artifacts. For one of them I suggest it be named "Kybare belt" and give +5MR and +5NV and something else other than dex.
Zilverlight

Post by Zilverlight »

I know this is very old and most of these have been addressed.
eggmceye wrote: Overall I'd like to basically
- make the rare findable artys more desirable

right now I'm mostly interested in solid examples of what arties are no good as is
What I'm noticing is the most desired artifacts are the bands, mostly because of the massive MR bonus.
Many other artifacts that are sought after are the ones with spell enchantments.
The most useless ones seem to be the stat boosting ones and AS/AC ones.

A lot of the artifacts that are already in play serve as great mid game artifacts. Amulet of Sacrifice for example. You'll never see a top tier player wearing one, but I've actually been saving it for my monk when he reaches the appropriate level. I could see lowering the level requirement for these just a bit to make them more accessible for lower level players.

For some of the more "desired" artifacts, simply increasing the bonuses by about 50%-100% and making them level appropriate is all it would take.
eggmceye wrote:- make lower level artys too - for lvl 30-50 say
The glass coin vendors are absolutely perfect. These artifacts could additionally be added to the loot pool for early level mobs as well. They'd still be rare to find, but make it slightly more accessible, albeit at a random item instead of the desired one you could pay for with glass coins.

Maybe having lv 25 set items from everything up to orcs, and lv 50 from the larger humanoids (ettins/ogres etc...) up to minotaurs.
eggmceye wrote:- make artys drop appropriately for your level - eg lvl 40 gets the lowbie arts etc
The current drops depend on the mob. Goblins drop + 1 items, Dragons drop + 5... As far as I know, artifacts are random across the board. I've found one from a rat (a couple years ago mind you, but I'm not sure if it's been changed) Setting these lower level artifacts to drop from anything ranging from rats to minotaurs. Mid level artifacts dropping from daemons - dragons or whatever is right after dragons? then higher level artifacts dropping from shadow mobs and up?
eggmceye wrote:- make craftable artys as part of crafting revision part 2 for smith, armourer, tailorer, woodcrafter from findable single use recipes - low mid and hi lvl arties
I've been thinking about an addition to many of the crafting skills. I'll be making a post on another thread regarding that and will touch this on that post. Will edit to reference that post here.
eggmceye wrote:- just have a lot more artys in general
Plenty of ideas on this. I definitely say having some high level class focused ones might encourage trading a bit more, if they find ones not for their class (bummer though to finally find an artifact and realize you can't use it, although that's what it feels like I guess for a rogue when finding a Marsha's Mallet)
eggmceye wrote:- maybe have set bonuses but this is CODING yuck will put this off indefinitely
Hopefully this wasn't completely thrown away. Set items are a great idea, if the coding isn't absolutely crazy. The glass coin artifacts already have a good example of an easy "set bonus" as the stats distributed among them compliment each other and give a good balance of bonuses. Set bonuses don't necessarily mean Diablo's version of "2 items worn gives this and 3 items worn give that." That's just a nice addition.
Heikki wrote:How about random artifact generator:
1[WoWz] wrote:Diabloesque random artifacts ftw
This is another piece that I want to touch up on another post. I feel like Artifacts being a specific item is the best. Will edit a reference to post for this as well.
TheOneGuy wrote: Phoenix's Heart- necklace Applies death ward to owner -120 sec cooldown
Phoenix's Wings - Leather boots +50% move speed
Phoenix's Flame - Leather Torso deals damage based on level (20-100) so enemies within 2 squares req. level 100

I think it would be awesome if artifacts were some thing you could build around

I would also like to see sets of drops from specific bosses. Artifacts that they are far more likely to drop from a boss like blood queens, gazer, phoenix ect.(And more big "end level" bosses)
I feel this is a great idea. Most of the original and current artifacts only give +AS and +stats or maybe a spell enchant. These bonuses are easily found on normal items and are the base of any item with a +.

Having artifacts give you additional bonuses that you don't see from any other item would MAKE the Artifact something special. Keep the + AS/AC and +Stat already on artifacts, so that the player isn't losing out entirely on those bonuses, but add in small effects like:

Hermes' Winged Shoes
Sandals
+ 25 Dex
+ 5 MR
+ 25% Movement Speed

Reaver's Idol
Pendant (Neck)
+20 Str
+20 Dex
+AS based on missing HP (+3 at full life scaling up to +15 at 25% life)

Berzerker's Axe
Tomahawk
+8 AS
+5% Attack Speed per hit, max 5 stacks. Lose stacks after 5 seconds out of combat
+ Increased crit chance based on number of stacks (+ 2% per stack?)

Valor's Courage
Field Plate
+ AC based on number of nearby enemies (+6 at 1 enemy, + 10 at 5 enemies)
+ MR based on number of nearby enemies (+3 at 1 enemy +10 at 5 enemies)
+ Increased healing effects by 25%

I also like the idea of set items from specific "mega-boss" mobs like Phoenix and Blood Queen.
This could be an additional lowbie mega boss as well. An Orc General that summons Orc Lieutenants. Maybe Lieutenants have Venomous weapons and can use Cleave. General could use an enchanted weapon with a powerful effect (could be part of his set artifacts)

I also like the idea of Artifacts that could change your play style. Such as the Reaver's Idol would make you want to actually take damage instead of mitigate it, or the Berzerker's Axe (Could be blades for a rogue) requires you to stay in combat fighting as much as possible.
Desmond (AKA: Rurik)
Eclips
egg has really fucked this game up :(

Post by Eclips »

Profane Embalming Tool- (whatever the necro rondel is called) + 7 +Giblets

The Skull of Thy Enemies(bone)- +vig + Regen (Id prefer something like regain +5% hp/mp for every enemy killed but I don't think that will happen)
Keighn
Stop posting already --;

Post by Keighn »

Disposable Glass Blasting Cap - you use it and it rains down a nasty storm of glass on you and your enemies... HAHAHAHAHA!!
Bugbo

Post by Bugbo »

Some belt ideas

mage girth
+15 int
+4 def
+10 MR

rogue girth
+15 dex
+4 def
+10 MR

warrior girth
+15 str
+4 def
+10 MR
Keighn
Stop posting already --;

Post by Keighn »

Girdle of sexiness

Turns you into a sucubus is for a short while. Unfortunately you have no control and your hidden pm visits to sleeping townspeople will be troublesome. Guards will :heart: :heart: :heart: at you and follow you like puppy dogs... until you turn back... then they’ll be pissed and kill ya or try. Don’t tug on poor guardsmen heartstrings. Their job is tiresome and unappreciated.
ZUPS!!!!