Ideas thread 2010

Moderator: EUO Moderators

Eclips
egg has really fucked this game up :(

Re: Ideas thread 2010

Post by Eclips »

Roll back the server 4 or 5 years for a weekend and watch how many complaints go away.
hellslave
I used to bake rockcakes in my bakery.

Post by hellslave »

WbBann wrote:since fighter cleave has been nerfed to like 2 seconds I think you may be imagining it...
That's the bleed effect from cleave, the V status lasts the same as it always has
Eclips wrote:Roll back the server 4 or 5 years for a weekend and watch how many complaints go away.
But look how many new complaints will arise, "bring back [x]!!!!"
A balanced diet is a cookie in each hand :jam:
LordMortiferus
MACRO > me

Post by LordMortiferus »

ManBear-Race:
- 10% str and 10% dex
- can inflict bleeding when fighting ua due to claws

Something like that, so it would be a nice race for monks. Hellslave came up with the idea to make it a LOTL race, which is a interesting idea.
Ava's should be easy to make using the bear ava I did some weeks ago.
ibrowniedefender
on lolpatrol

Post by ibrowniedefender »

a "z" page that shows a diagram with what you have equiped
TheOneGuy
Post in swahili or SHUT THE FUCK UP!

Post by TheOneGuy »

all races get 125-150% Xclass (they still start at 100% and have to go to shrine to get more)

or

all races can to to 200% class cap but they only get 1-1.5 class cap per level and start at 100% like normal so 100 levels to Xclass(i would do this)
all i want is a test server for maped then ill be happy ...
Dralos
I once posted in TFIOOC!

Post by Dralos »

prolly been suggested before but make backstab 100% if u have GMstealth and GMshortswords
(and if thats a no make it gnome or shadowfolk only) you can leave it saying 99% but prog it to be 100%.
LIKE A BAUSS

~JustChill~
xShawtyx
Good morning, Captain.

Post by xShawtyx »

Container scrolls that can face diff directions, like chairs!
Egg chopped off his arm to get rid of a rash, but its okay.. it'll grow back! He's a crab. Trist is my Fav TrollFace!!
Devlin

Post by Devlin »

xShawtyx wrote:Container scrolls that can face diff directions, like chairs!
Containers that aren't mimics. It's annoying to see them dancing around, and kinda creepy.
TheOneGuy

Post by TheOneGuy »

Basic idea : being able to play as evil monsters weak ones

Expanded idea:
after you hit level 50 or so you could unlock playing as minor enemies like mephits and deamons and such to harass people hunting (evil mobs wouldn't hit you and you could attack anyone even players with out pvp on)

not sure how this would be done i would like to see like an evil create a character and you level them by killing players (75 kills 75 levels or however many levels)

this would only be do able on meaondir (so that noobs dont get killed in mass before the get addicted to the game )
also player evil mobs would only give like 1/4 exp or some such thing to avoid cheesing and there summons would give like 1/8
Keighn
Stop posting already --;

Post by Keighn »

I just noticed devlins avatar; a wip for gfx or just something you found?
TheOneGuy

Post by TheOneGuy »

more heroic(X3) epic (x5) maps maybe a legendary (X10) or Mythic (x20) mode for some maps

i want to do a x20 lighthouse that would be fun :)
Grunkk
Tune in next time & see how they do it.

Post by Grunkk »

so like goblinx20 or goblin to the power of 20, If its x20 it would be too easy :/
On a search to find the meaning of life... Oh wait, to get to level 450!
hellslave
I used to bake rockcakes in my bakery.

Post by hellslave »

Grunkk wrote:so like goblinx20 or goblin to the power of 20, If its x20 it would be too easy :/
goblins stats to the power of 20 would exceed the range of the datatype for its stats. Lets take a look at a goblins base stats

Base x20 to thepower of 20 (if it was possible)
6hp 120hp 3,656,158,440,062,976
8AS 160AS
15AC 300AC
1d4dmg 20d4 dmg (20-80 per hit) up to 1,099,511,627,776 per hit
20MR 400MR
7xp 140xp (That's only 5xp more than a mino chieftain)

Now sure its hp is only 120, but with 300 def that's gonna cause problems for rogues/fighters/priests/monks. Mages would be able to 1 hit them with XC though. So fore 4 out of 5 classes it wouldn't actually be too easy, the defense would actually make them too hard to be a decent xp rate for any class other than mages
A balanced diet is a cookie in each hand :jam:
ChrisCooper

Post by ChrisCooper »

I've suggested it before, and I'm sure many other people have, but here it goes again.

Before I say this, I want to say that most dungeons should just be instances. Like Minotaur Halls, have it be your own instance as soon as you enter the map, and the portal inside just leads to the heroic version of the instance. A few maps that, in nothing but my own opinion, should be instances are:

Cassandra's Tower
From the 2nd floor to the top floor of the Lighthouse
The dungeon under the lighthouse and the entirety of Fort Grunthos
Troll Bridge
Underneath the Graveyard
Minotaur Halls
Shame
Kodiak's Test of Strength
Wizard's Tower
Skull Fortress
Deja Vu
Nizwideux

Ok, aside from all that shit, the real suggestion:

In instances, have bosses and sub bosses that have drop tables. Not just for any random weapon or armour item with a set range of +stat or +slaying/defense enchantments, but artifact type weapons.

The boss mino chieftan in mino halls is a great example. Beef him up a little bit, because he's pretty weak for a mino chieftan, and give him a drop table.

Chieftan's Halberd - +4 slaying, +10 strength 30% drop
Chieftan's Chain Mail - +3 defense, +10 strength, +2 magic resistance 20% drop
Chieftan's Chain Leggings - +3 defense, +10 strength, +1 magic resistance 45% drop
Chieftan's Chain Coif - +3 defense, +10 strength, +10 dexterity, +2 magic resistance 5% drop
I'm here to kick ass, and chew bubblegum. And I'm all out of bubblegum.
WbBann
Here for the lesbians.

Post by WbBann »

To be able to chat when viewing inventory/bank stuff, so when you are trading then you can type it up np without closing it, then trying to remember everything.

To view a players level when sizing a player up.
TheOneGuy

Post by TheOneGuy »

>>Necromancer Class!!!<<
Eclips
egg has really fucked this game up :(

Post by Eclips »

Instead of people always suggesting a necromancer class, maybe you should be more specific. Egg has mentioned interest in them as a class, maybe he just lacks a direction to take them in.

To me necromancer=undead summoner. I don't know what other abilities a necromancer would have but if that's the basis of their abilities then I don't think it would work well in game currently. The only undead monsters worth while would be zombie dragons and Undead Lords. Also, the current summon system isn't something you can base a whole class around. Summons are currently XP hogs, if summons are your major damage output you'll never level any.

A good idea to compensate for the summon system would be to give necromancers the ability to create undead pets. This way, they would be levelable, but would also be less XP hogs. The skill might allow you to have 2 lesser undead pets at once or 1 greater undead monster as a pet as you increase in lvl or int.

Other abilities might be:
Raise Undead familiar- Resurrect your pet
Wind of Decay- Wind spell that either lowers targets max hp or lowers their DEF and MR.
Necrotic Touch- If monster dies within a few seconds of being hit, the monster summons as an ally.
Life Drain- A vampyric attack that drains small amounts of life from monsters in a Flam Grav type area.
Mana Drain
Consume Familiar- Drains remaining Pet's life and heals your health equally.
Animate Remains(needs a better name)- Hands raise from the ground and either keep you from moving (siezed) or acts like a corpser.

This also gave me a good idea for druids, which egg also has shown interest in making.
Illusion- Works the opposite of Monk's invisibility spell. You leave an invisible clone of yourself behind and you are able to run about unable to attack or use abilities other than battle roar. You can't be healed and once the spell wears off, or you run out of HP you teleport back to the area you left the clone at.
Grunkk

Post by Grunkk »

Yum, Necromancer.

Consume - 100% Rage Magical Attack - 8 Skeleton hands (Stronger than normal skeleton) pop out around the target and claw it with a chance of Disease /or/ Steals HP (Similar to Slice n Dice/Cleave)

Summon Corpser - Summons a corpser at target for 3 seconds

Mummy Strike - 50% Rage Magical Attack - Covers the victims head in diseased bandages for 2-5 seconds with a chance of Disease (Similar to gouge without disease) - Requires Diseased Bandages -

QuickSummon - Summons 2 undeads of any type (Besides Evil Bunny, Undead Warrior) for 10-5 Seconds

Poly-morph - Turn into an undead warrior (Similar to the Sorcery spell)

Summon Spirits - Summons 5 ghost-like enemies around the target (Similar to the priest spell with swarms)

Blend - Undeads appear neutral towards you for 20 seconds, 200 second cooloff

Become a Corpser(Needs a better name) - Sink into the ground and move forward 10 spaces and come back out. 100 mana burnt. (Similar to Blink)

Suicide - Teleports to your bound ressurection location without Ressurection Sickness -

Overcome - Gain the ability to hold 50 Extra kilos (As if the undead were holding it)

BloodKnuckles - 75% of all melee damage will add to your HP for 20 seconds, 400 second cooloff

~~~~~~~

Necromancer Bonuses

Can use diseased bandages as normal bandages. (Minor bonus)

Immune to Disease.

Cannot be blinded by Corpsers

More damage to the undead and less damage taken, as if you were made of Silver.

And perhaps they could polymorph into an undead shark so they wont need a raft :3
Bugbo
Girls only want boyfriends who have great skills.

Post by Bugbo »

Grunkk wrote: And perhaps they could polymorph into an undead shark so they wont need a raft :3
Since undead don't need to breathe maybe they could just walk along the ocean bottom?
Grunkk

Post by Grunkk »

Well, Then a shark would eat them as it's pretty hard to swim from a shark, and Polymorphing is cooler :)

Plus, Crabs are a bitch.
Last edited by Grunkk on Mon Oct 04, 2010 4:31 am, edited 1 time in total.