Mage discussion.

Moderator: EUO Moderators

Keighn
Stop posting already --;

Re: Mage discussion.

Post by Keighn »

4 Now if you include priests. Base your results off of a human though.
ZUPS!!!!
DarkIllusionist
LAUGHING OUT LOUD LIKE A MORON

Post by DarkIllusionist »

Well, the MR nerf has pretty much balanced it now... HP actually matters, (And fighters have significantly more HP than a mage), so fighters have more survivability, while mages have significantly less survivablity in comparison.

But (not sure) still have good DPS.

I don't really think the VOG nerf was needed, but then again im not sure just how much more/less DPS vog was/is in comparison to normal fighter and rogue damage.
ChildProdigy
Heikki
Tune in next time & see how they do it.

Post by Heikki »

HP actually matters
Nope... High MR matters
I don't really think the VOG nerf was needed, but then again im not sure just how much more/less DPS vog was/is in comparison to normal fighter and rogue damage.
Trying to hit fleeing, side stepping and charging monster with melee is much harder than just running and auto hit monsters with VOG... Try kill monsters with adjacent tile spells and you see that it LOT harder.

Problem is not olly DPS... Problems are facts that VOG do high damage AND auto hit.
Reg Heikki, Pyttipannu, Nappo
PD Soturi R.I.P , Taikuri, Rosvo

Joke of day:
A skeleton walks into a bar - orders a beer and a mop
Nightbringer
BBQ ABC <3

Post by Nightbringer »

Khelben wrote:Here's an idea on how to measure which class can level the fastest; LotL all 3 classes to say level 250.
I've done this with mage and fighter. While the mage obviously leveled faster (there was 1.5x exp on when I leveled the mage though), the fighter could kill a lot harder monsters. He had almost as much HP on lvl 200 as a lvl 400 mage in my party, both with VUM, IIRC.
Keighn
Stop posting already --;

Post by Keighn »

How many did it hit before? How many now? Does it apply to monsters vogging players?
ZUPS!!!!
DarkIllusionist

Post by DarkIllusionist »

Heikki wrote: Nope... High MR matters
Now that dragons and stuff don't do 5 damage anymore, HP matters, sure, MR is good, but its not to hard for a fighter to get 1k+ mr for dragons. And there comes a certain point where you simply can't resist certain monsters anyway (think balrons and up), in which case, again. HP matters.
Heikki wrote: Trying to hit fleeing, side stepping and charging monster with melee is much harder than just running and auto hit monsters with VOG... Try kill monsters with adjacent tile spells and you see that it LOT harder.

Problem is not olly DPS... Problems are facts that VOG do high damage AND auto hit.
To be fair, its generally easy to hit monsters with ctrl+direction, the reason using target spells is so hard is because you have to press the spell, and then the direction seperately before the monster gets away, or use Ctrl, alt + direction.

And if you miss, you get a sizeable delay because of spell cooldown. If a fighter misses its a split second gone.
ChildProdigy
Cult

Post by Cult »

GREAT THREAD!!

How about adding a new fighter class skill based on str called toughness. It could be used to reduce damage. But you would need to incorporate a nerf that would limit all damage reduction from all sources to the 75% you mentioned earlier. Or some sort of spell reflection to the block skill.
Light travels faster than sound.
This is why some people appear bright until you hear them speak.
Rusty76
Posting from my ass computer.

Post by Rusty76 »

I noticed that when everyone is talking about mage characters in this thread they are really talking about mage/priest characters. Try playing a mage only char and you will see pretty quickly that they aren't as overpowered as you might think.
Dudle
on lolpatrol

Post by Dudle »

God I'm glad I don't read/post much anymore...this thread makes me infuriated :ass: ...yes you can do a lot of damage fast with weak mages :roll: ...yes fighters are slow at damaging but great at tanking :angry: ...they are different classes...unless you want all classes to be the same...which would be boring. I have a troll fighter at level 100 and hes quite good at dispatching shadow warriors and dragons thank you very much :deek: . I think priests are lame and need more buffs than fighters rogues or sorcerers seeing that they probably have the lowest DPS. :flame: :bs:
"I know that you knew that I know, but did you know I knew that you knew I know?" Cassanova Frankenstein 'Mystery Men'

"Buddah, Zeus, God...one of you guys do something!" & " Help Satan! You owe me!" - Professor Farnsworth 'Futurama'

"Hmm hmm hmm, when you do things right, people wont be sure you've done anything at all." Probably a computerized space probe that collided with 'God' 'Futurama'
Raiden
I'd laugh if I saw a centaur IRL

Post by Raiden »

Rusty76 wrote:I noticed that when everyone is talking about mage characters in this thread they are really talking about mage/priest characters. Try playing a mage only char and you will see pretty quickly that they aren't as overpowered as you might think.

I would just like to bump this post, because it's a very good point that I don't believe was discussed at all, or taken into consideration before the last set of nerfs/updates.
Onyxt
Girls only want boyfriends who have great skills.

Post by Onyxt »

I personally don't see the point of mages getting more nerfs than they have had recently. Losing their healing was a major blow to their fighting style, sure they can regain it, but all those levels without intelligence does make a difference. Then their most used offense spell was nerfed, so I don't see the point in nerfing them anymore. You cant really use "they level faster" as a point either; any class can level fast if you know where to fight and you put the time into doing so.
eggmceye
hello

Post by eggmceye »

cry some more mages