Party XP Discussion

Moderator: EUO Moderators

DUTCHMAN
buying vamp LS of any kind +5

Re: Party XP Discussion

Post by DUTCHMAN »

Is LC's post above this one still correct and the current way XP is gained?
Mackey
Girls only want boyfriends who have great skills.

Post by Mackey »

Wouldn’t mind seeing party size increased, myself.
DUTCHMAN

Post by DUTCHMAN »

A ten man EPIC TOLS run would be siiiiiick
Comet
I once posted in TFIOOC!

Post by Comet »

There should be an xp improvement for parties of two, because hunting solo seems to level faster than two in a party. I see a steady stream of new players who often join with a friend, and it would be nice to see these players stick around past level 40.
DUTCHMAN

Post by DUTCHMAN »

Ya, If what LC said in an earlier post is the standard for Xp Growth, then maybe we should consider restructuring that.
Keighn
Stop posting already --;

Post by Keighn »

Keighn wrote:In the old Phantasie game when a party was formed and went into town to get xp/gold there was an option to give out "SHARES." Oddly you could give someone 0 - 9 shares (maybe more its been a while) to one of each of the 8 party members. The idea was so you could give some members more and others less.

A complicated party method would be a "Form the Party" stage in which you use a /form command first. The person who FORMS the party decides who is going to go into the group. Only HE/SHE can invite members in the formation stage.

After members are selected and everyone agrees on who should get the most shares out of 0-9 the FORMER types /membername share 0-9 (with the number determining the share). Each member is default set at 1 share, so if there is 4 party members each gets 25% of the xp of the kill.

Now the xp that monsters give is going to be based on the number of people in the party:
1 person = 100% normal xp of mob
2 people = 105% normal xp of mob
3 people = 110% normal xp of mob
Basically +5% boost of xp per person in party.

So say you have a an 11 person party which = 150% of mob xp. ie. say MAT DAEMON is worth 1000xp normally, then a kill in this party would be 1500 xp for wiping the floor with him. Now if each person has only 1 share you'd divide the experience by 11 which really doesn't equal crap for such a large party. Less than 150 xp a party member or per share. Now if say 10 people elected to take 0 shares and the last person 1 share then he'd get all the xp and everyone else would get jack squat. The idea of multiple shares would give other members less xp and a single person more. ie... say 1 person takes 9 shares and the rest one then you'd have 1500 xp divided by 19 shares or about 79 xp per share. Everyone with 1 share gets 79 xp and the dude with 9 shares gets 711 xp.

This way you could let a party member thats weak or more deserving more xp than others. Obviously it could be cheesed like hell by the higher levels levelling lesser level though.

5% bonus per party members is just an example. I don't know what would be more beneficial.

If a party member is kicked (by party leader/starter ONLY -- as I've seen problems with other party members kicking people which is really annoying) or leaves then all default shares go to 1 each.

The /membername share 0-9 has to be retyped for each member again to put your shares back to where you've all agreed.

/disperse completely remeoves everyone from the party (perhaps the best feature of my entire suggestion).

PARTY FORMED!
PARTY DISPERSED!

Ah the good old Ultima III nostalgia.

Sort of Revisiting the Idea..... see next post
ZUPS!!!!
Keighn
Stop posting already --;

Post by Keighn »

So I was thinking on parties again and naturally the first thing is increasing the number of Members.

Bump it up to 10 possible.

Next is what levels can get XP and how much:
If you have more a 300+ Level Difference. You can't leech period. You get a big fat 0 xp And You also can't pick up any treasure killed. Honestly, its pretty pointless to be in the party other than maybe a support role or just to chat.

The One who kills always gets full xp (that never changes)
Harming the mob shows some effort so you get reduced xp.
Leeching happens and you get a little xp for doing so.
This will go by Level difference. The one who Kills xp / harming a mob xp / total doing nothing leeching xp
300+ = 100% / 0% / 0%
250+ = 100% / 40% / 20%
200+ = 100% / 50% / 25%
150+ = 100% / 60% / 30%
100+ = 100% / 70% / 35%
50+ = 100% / 80% / 40%
25+ = 100% / 90% / 50%

A bonus for large parties:
1 Member = +0%
2 Members = +2% xp bonus
3 members = +5% xp bonus
4 members = +8% xp bonus
5 members = +10% xp bonus
6 members = +12% xp bonus
7 members = +15% xp bonus
8 Members = +18% xp bonus
9 members = +20% xp bonus
10 members = +25% bonus (yeah but good luck having that many close together or getting a party that size).

Next the One who forms the party can decide who can pick up treasure. By default anyone in your Level section can (those that are beyond 300+ Can NEVER pick up the treasure unless the party leader sets it so they can).

Current Party Rules

I still like this message:
/disperse completely removes everyone from the party (perhaps the best feature of my entire suggestion).

PARTY FORMED!
PARTY DISPERSED!

Party member are numbered 0-9 (with 9 being the leader).

The next idea was tactics and formations (yeah I've been playing some games with basic party formations. I think maybe there should be a combat bonus if certain party formations are kept. this is set in the /form party command
Only the party leader can do this and its dependent on where each of the select members are currently standing.

An option is /form # # # # (up to all 10). As certain members are only going to be in combat it might be better for them to be the only ones utilized in this tactical set up.

I haven't worked out bonuses or if its preferable that the party leader has the tactics skill to get a higher bonus.

some ideas are lowering mobs MR/Res/DEF and raising the tactical squads. Others might be a +AS/Damage based on those in the squad and per +25% of tactics the leader has.
I also thought that perhaps specials chained when the leader had 100% taking 20% from each squad member but casting all specials from each persons special from the leader. Sounds more complicated that it is.
Say the Leader has flurry and uses it at his 100% rage bar, and say there are two other members in the tactical formation squad but each has only say 40% of rage built up. The other members have bloodbolt and say quivering palm as their selected tactical skills. Well they immediately lose 20% upon the leader executing his flurry but at the same time their abilities channel through him executing those skills throughout the flurry/bloodbolt/and Quivering palm. It might chain up nasty.

Might be OP I don't know. Certainly it'd help in epic nasty dungeons.

The /share command is kind of cool for equalizing gold shared in party inventory. Gold could be carried or kept in a Party chest. Party chest gold is automatically divided when dispersal of party command is given.

I was also thinking about level limits again and heck why not just chuck them. Even with the addy stones if you play for that long why the hell not. Its all this achievement buzz I keep hearing about on social media. And reg guys would love to go up higher assuming the oldies still play.

Maybe it drums up more players... maybe not but the option stays open.

Other things I was thinking on was a raw wizardry skill for any spell caster so they could perhaps later chain multiple spells with a single casting. I was also thinking of spell rage bars for criticals and maybe be similar to tactics for spell caster leaders.

Eh its a thought I had on an old sheet of paper so I decided to type it up. Bugs to work out if ever.

cheers
ZUPS!!!!