hello

Re: Town of Lost Souls - Map DevLog

Post by eggmceye »

it's awesome
Keighn
Stop posting already --;

Post by Keighn »

Wait a minute, what is used in some of the dungeons like Rivers End? Those are not trapdoors. Fuckity fuck fuck curse me for deleting my hard drives. I had the old RE on an old dev home server egg gave me at one time. I could have checked those really quick. I see what you're saying though as when looking at Blood Moor, Dead Forest and a few others I can see the portals where they should be invisible. Ah, der RE uses stairs not teleporters. Well, maybe maped needs yet another upgrade with features. I'd make a list of simple maped features you think would come in handy or need tweaking. The more freedom one can do in a game the more appeal it has IMHO; this goes for map making as well as playing.

Good work. Always glad to see map making.
LordMortiferus
MACRO > me

Post by LordMortiferus »

eggmceye wrote:it's awesome
=]
Hope it really will be that good.

@Keighn: just had a quick look at RE in maped with the feature file loaded. I cannot find any stairs with teleporters on them. I found only ladders with lxy or lvl features which require the user to actively press "space" to use them.
Keighn
Stop posting already --;

Post by Keighn »

Yeah, I just realized that. Blip goes my brain GAh!
eggmceye
hello

Post by eggmceye »

pressing space or auto tele on staircases needs to be standardised in this rotten game!
LordMortiferus
MACRO > me

Post by LordMortiferus »

eggmceye wrote:pressing space or auto tele on staircases needs to be standardised in this rotten game!
Do not be so harsh =p
trd works fine, for me. When setting up a trd as invis teleporter you can add one blank character in the text field in case you do not feel like writing a full massage about what just happened to the player. That way the player is automatically teleported to another level without taking dmg or getting spammed by a msg (only a blank line will appear in the chat box followed by the standard "you entered generic level name").

Though I wonder why the prt-fea uses "-1" for the item int and if it couldn't be change to accept "1" as well to make it invis like the tel-fea.
eggmceye
hello

Post by eggmceye »

what are the surrounding land requirements for this map - so I can figure out where to put it in Apoc new Sos ?
LordMortiferus
MACRO > me

Post by LordMortiferus »

North and West is an ocean, East mountains, South forest. I can change the latter to a dead forest on demand.
Btw have you decided on whether Apoc Sosaria has a sun/moon cycle? I might need to move a dungeon from one maplevel to another, as of now this dungeon is part of a maplevel that is actually above ground :fp:
eggmceye
hello

Post by eggmceye »

It's going to be same cycle, for simplicity, and that make the most sense anyway.
Don't worry too hard about above/below ground - not that important I don't think.
LordMortiferus
MACRO > me

Post by LordMortiferus »

eggmceye wrote:It's going to be same cycle, for simplicity, and that make the most sense anyway.
Don't worry too hard about above/below ground - not that important I don't think.
No worries - I'll can change that within 5 mins or so.

I did some nice progress the last couple of days and started to populate the underground map - have to write a couple of custom stats for various monsters, which will take awhile though. Also I learned how supertints and item naming works - interesting.

Also added some pop-culture references for everyone's enjoyment.
LordMortiferus
MACRO > me

Post by LordMortiferus »

Weekly update:

I moved the cave from groundlevel lvl261 to the underground lvl260. Had to enlarge lvl260 a bit to paste the cave into it, which left me with quite a lot of empty space to fill with more dungeons. I should be done with setting tiles by Monday, then I can concentrate on adding the last spawners and writing the scripts.
1[WoWz]
MACRO > me

Post by 1[WoWz] »

Lord M. = 2nd hardest working man in EUO :ymca:

Keep up the good work man.
IGN: 1
eggmceye
hello

Post by eggmceye »

he's probably the 1st hardest working man in euo actually
LordMortiferus
MACRO > me

Post by LordMortiferus »

Thanks guys - just having a run at the moment.
LordMortiferus
MACRO > me

Post by LordMortiferus »

Short update:
I finished setting the tiles of the underground level and placed spawners on this level. At the moment I am writing the scripts for some of these spawners. As a lot of these mobs will make use of player avatars featuring visible weapons I wrote my own script for setting visible weapons and shield to have more control over this. Seems to work so far.
LordMortiferus
MACRO > me

Post by LordMortiferus »

Weekly Friday update:
As stated in my previous post, the underworld has seen good progress the last week. I have written scripts to customize different spawners such as halftrolls, halforcs, shadow- and bloodkin, as well as dwarfs. Might change dwarfs to gnomes if that is requested and better fits euo lore.
Otherwise I am going to add yet another boss, which is in its current state based on the giant golem by rusty. Sometime ago I did change and expanded its code and as I am really pleased with the outcome (a reference to old SNES boss battles as I remember them from bomberman and secret of mana at least) I would like to see it incorporated somewhere. Anyway the underground map should be done by the end of next week and the rest should not take much longer hopefully.
eggmceye
hello

Post by eggmceye »

the problem with your map is that it is going to be too good for the rest of apoc new sos :fp:
LordMortiferus
MACRO > me

Post by LordMortiferus »

If it is any good needs to be seen =]
LordMortiferus
MACRO > me

Post by LordMortiferus »

Weekly update:
Mostly finished the underworld map, only thing that's missing at this point is ched's end boss and some stats tweaking here and there. Otherwise the scripts seem to be running without crashing anything (Yada!). Also I started to add spawners to the remaining two maps. At the moment I would say that I am done with everything by mid June. Otherwise I am waiting impatiently for the next game patch to check out lava fall split mobs and auxbox colours.
eggmceye
hello

Post by eggmceye »

LordMortiferus wrote:At the moment I would say that I am done with everything by mid June. Otherwise I am waiting impatiently for the next game patch to check out lava fall split mobs and auxbox colours.
thanks for the reminder, done