Recently got a new computer (So many troubles with a lot of things since, but finally got EUO up and running mostly fine) but I'm coming across another problem now with MapEd. Seems there is a file missing. I've uninstalled and reinstalled, I've downloaded the maped zip file onto a USB on another machine and installed it from there, I've even completely copied the euo folder and everything it contains (all 672 or so files) from a laptop where MapEd works onto the new computer and still seem to be having this issue. Starting to think something is missing from my driver rather than the actual file. Could anyone help me out with this? Below is the error I'm getting.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
small maped update:
* when pressing j when hovering mouse over a ladder, the next loaded map centers better, and the corresponding other ladder will be at the same position on the screen
* x button to close window works (but doesn't save map!)
* hiding spawners & features now separated. shift f to toggle features, shift h to toggle spawners
* spawners changed from pink circles to pink squares : this reflects the actual spawn area!
* ? help screen now has dark underlay to make easier to read
* fixed middle mouse button not jumping/focussing on position
* fixed the ctrl-shift-d png dump showing incorrect tiles underneath transparent tiles
* reloading map with ctrl-r does not reset position
* toggle item furniture status is now ctrl-middle button in item mode (you won't need it)
* the hovered tile on map will show blocking/visibily status in the text down bottom, as well as tile name
player-vis mode (shift v) has a number of changes
* right clicking on map lets you walk around, and walls block
* (you can still use keyboard to walk around but without blocking)
* press +/- to resize visible area
* loading a map (with < > or L/l) will focus on start position (eg entrance to a town)
Here is something unusual. Waterfalls placed on water tiles will block movement of aquatic mobs, whereas if placed on deep water tiles they can swim through the waterfall. Maybe that is something to keep in mind nowadays with rafts enabled in dungeons.
OMG!! That wavelength must be flowing. I was looking at some old PCgamer and Maximum pc discs and found some shareware match 3 and puzzle games (mostly jewel quest and some egyptian blue monkey game). That shit is kinda addictive. I guess a euo casino in apacolypse world would work. Ideas for what such a machine takes? Glass coins, radioactive cookies, gold? Other? Rewards or just a hiscore.
I recall ages ago wateralls on mountains and being able to klimb them. I have looked at a test map and done that in ages. Can't recall if you can explore your maps in maped to manually test it.
Lost my old win98/xp comp. finally died. Good 22 year run. RIP. I just have my 2014 laptop now win10. Works ok. I need to dl this version of maped. Test out my idea on something i been tooling with on tiled. Lordy tilesets can be a pain in the ass.
Going to have options for 2x2 or 3x3 terrain? Mort prolly has done this along with tinting.