maped thread - now even more difficult to use than ever

Moderator: EUO Moderators

dshadowplay
buying vamp LS of any kind +5

Re: maped thread - now even more difficult to use than ever

Post by dshadowplay »

Now some questions about the 'lck' feature;

a) In Cats guide it says for 'lck' you need to set the value field as 1 to enable it, however in the features and triggers portion of the manual there is no mention of this. So for normal locks do i need to set the value to 1 or what? (normal locks that you can use lockpicks on and bash)

b) The manual says that the item field of a 'lck' is the HEX item code of the item required to unlock the door, do i just leave this empty for normal locked doors?

c) If i did set the item field of a 'lck' to the HEX code of say.. a mining pick, would that mean that the 'lck' could only be unlocked if someone 'U'sed a mining pick on it or would it still be unlockable by lockpicks/magic/bash?
Last edited by dshadowplay on Mon Apr 19, 2010 6:02 pm, edited 1 time in total.
eggmceye
hello

Post by eggmceye »

a - doens't matter, all doors auto lock
b - yes leave it as 0
c - lck can be bashed, picked and skullkeyed regardless of the specified key - and yes 'U'sing a mining pick on the door would unlock it as well
dshadowplay

Post by dshadowplay »

Is there a way to make an invisable lightsource? Rusty said there used to be an item.
eggmceye
hello

Post by eggmceye »

yeh but you can't place it from maped now - thank about how badly you need it and I can add it in - but try and work around it
options are
street lamsp, braziers, torches on walls, gems, etc
dshadowplay

Post by dshadowplay »

If you place a hook on a tile where there is no item but only terrain will the message still be able to be 'l'ooked at or is it necessary for there to be an item?

Also can i use the invisible item 43d for a hook if having an item is necessary for hooks?
Keighn
Stop posting already --;

Post by Keighn »

You don't need an item to use a hook. No one may know there is anything to look at but you don't need an item. Any item can have a hook feature on them if you wish to have some sort of description.

I've purposely avoided using sighs in favor of hooks as sign feature always has:

"It says" or "the sign says"

That can be unnerving to a perfectionist.
dshadowplay

Post by dshadowplay »

Rusty just tested out my maps and apparently I was misusing the 'sgn' feature. Is it necessary to only use 'sgn' on a signpost tile? I can't for instance put a 'sgn' on a chest of drawers tile and have a player 'l'ook at it? Also is runic working as I wanted to use it. (what I did was place a silver sheet item on a wall, then put a 'sgn' over it with text and value=1 for runic but this did not work and it just said 'you see a silver sheet' when looked at.)

I think it would be good to have runic for 'hoo' as well.
Keighn
Stop posting already --;

Post by Keighn »

Really? I would have thought the sgn feature would have worked on anything. I can see why you want to use it for the Runic usage. Perhaps a few more features are needed that utilize Runic language if the sign feature isn't working as such.

Rusty can you confirm it not working?
Rusty76
Posting from my ass computer.

Post by Rusty76 »

yea if you use an item and place s SGN feature on it it will say "you see a X" where X is the item instead of saying "the sign says: your text" doesn't seem to matter if v=0 or v=1
TheOneGuy
Post in swahili or SHUT THE FUCK UP!

Post by TheOneGuy »

is there a way to load other maps? it would be less of a pain if i could just look at what was done on other maps and not have to ask in this thread
all i want is a test server for maped then ill be happy ...
Evanthia

Post by Evanthia »

Is there an idea thread for maped? Oh well, just in case there isn't and I forget I wanted it, there should be a built in testing program, where you hit a certain button and you enter the area from your start point (you'll get a message from the game if you don't have one) with an invincible character that can pretty much just walk around and look at things, flip switches, etc.
They say insanity is bad, but it hasn't killed me yet.
~_~_~_~_~_~_~_~_~_~_~_~_~_~_~_~_~_~_~_~_~_~
Finished contests:
Scavenger hunt; Winner: Rusty
Bounty Hunter; Winner: Kin
What's that GOLEM?; Winner: Sephiroth

Current contest:
http://www.forums.swut.net/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=4052 ((Triple Competition, great prizes!))
TheOneGuy

Post by TheOneGuy »

can a switch disable teleporter's, Portal's, or Trapdoors? and is i want to send some one to say ... right out side nord how is that done i assume its with the level changer but i dont know what the Number for the world map is (New Sosaria)
Evanthia

Post by Evanthia »

TheOneGuy wrote:can a switch disable teleporter's, Portal's, or Trapdoors? and is i want to send some one to say ... right out side nord how is that done i assume its with the level changer but i dont know what the Number for the world map is (New Sosaria)
Better help than what I posted a second ago, the direct link: http://swut.net/euo/manual/index.php/Map_List
Finished contests:

Current contest:
http://www.forums.swut.net/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=4052 ((Triple Competition, great prizes!))
Rusty76

Post by Rusty76 »

TheOneGuy wrote:can a switch disable teleporter's, Portal's, or Trapdoors? and is i want to send some one to say ... right out side nord how is that done i assume its with the level changer but i dont know what the Number for the world map is (New Sosaria)
The main continent (New Sosaria) is map number 0.

I don't really know if levers can be made to activate and deactivate teleporters, i havent tried.
TheOneGuy

Post by TheOneGuy »

if i put a sec on a wall or the unpassable forest after serching the sec can i walk through it?

-and - and when makeing a CH how do you make the lock need the Clanhall key?
Rusty76

Post by Rusty76 »

TheOneGuy wrote:if i put a sec on a wall or the unpassable forest after serching the sec can i walk through it?

-and - and when makeing a CH how do you make the lock need the Clanhall key?
After searching a tile with a SEC feature on it it will become a door and you can walk through it. That is how SEC is meant to work.

For clan halls you have to add a CLH feature someplace in the map (typically in the top left corner) and set it's text to the clan letters (SOD, MMNS, WoWz, etc)
To make doors that are unlockable with clan hall keys you use the NLK feature on the door and set it's text to the clan letters just like you did the CLH feature.
Evanthia

Post by Evanthia »

Is it possible, on a CLH map, to make a door with a special key to limit access to that one room, or would that be a no-no and make Egg go frowny face like this: :mad:
Finished contests:

Current contest:
Rusty76

Post by Rusty76 »

Evanthia wrote:Is it possible, on a CLH map, to make a door with a special key to limit access to that one room
There is no point because a crafty player could gain access to a restricted room anyway. All clan resources are shared by all members so if you want to keep certain things secure and not shared with everyone keep them in your house or bank.
Evanthia

Post by Evanthia »

Actually, I figured out a better idea than I had before anyways! Off to maped. Also, is there a place to share your map ideas that doesn't bug Egg?
Finished contests:

Current contest:
dshadowplay

Post by dshadowplay »

dshadowplay wrote:Rusty just tested out my maps and apparently I was misusing the 'sgn' feature. Is it necessary to only use 'sgn' on a signpost tile? I can't for instance put a 'sgn' on a chest of drawers tile and have a player 'l'ook at it? Also is runic working as I wanted to use it. (what I did was place a silver sheet item on a wall, then put a 'sgn' over it with text and value=1 for runic but this did not work and it just said 'you see a silver sheet' when looked at.)

I think it would be good to have runic for 'hoo' as well.
This is the gist of it, you can use 'sgn' on any tile but there can not be an item on that tile. So no runic for silver sheets.
-edit-
Apparently Egg can hack it so that a 'hoo' can use runic but YOU can not do this in maped.
Last edited by dshadowplay on Wed May 05, 2010 6:35 pm, edited 1 time in total.