XD making avatars is hard

Moderator: EUO Moderators

IT IS S
LAUGHING OUT LOUD LIKE A MORON

XD making avatars is hard

Post by IT IS S »

Not as easy as it looks, I've experienced now. Also could someone tell me if (and if so: how) those black borders are treated specially in the tile sheets. thx.
First try: It was necessary to show the waistband, but having his arms unfolded on 1 frame looked awkward.
hooded_monk.gif
Second try:
ninja_gris.gif
Last effort XD :
femme_fatale.gif
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Sunfire
Tune in next time & see how they do it.

Re: XD making avatars is hard

Post by Sunfire »

The Femme fatale reminds me of Larry suit larry 1, the Grey Ninja is looking too pixely to me but the hooded monk would maybe grow into something if worked upon :nightshade: also notice how ( I think ) every EUO mob tile has a black border around the figure, that's what your avatars do not have :smoke:
Devlin
Post in swahili or SHUT THE FUCK UP!

Post by Devlin »

They're good, but just a touch too big. EUO tiles are 16x16.

I've modified the monk image to fit a 16x16 square and put the border round the image.

That black border is there to prevent player avatars clashing with the background tiles.

Remember that custom player avatars are only local, and will be overridden by major patches(ones that require EUO be restarted).
IT IS S
LAUGHING OUT LOUD LIKE A MORON

Post by IT IS S »

Thx for the feedback. That black border stuff makes sense, but I've never noticed it in game.
It seems the color profile on my other computer is totally wrong, leaving apparently HUGE black borders on the characters. I don't think I'll find time anywhere soon to complete these...
The Femme fatale reminds me of Larry suit larry 1
WTF do I know what you're talking about? How about a Sonny Bonds ;D
the Grey Ninja is looking too pixely
His right arm needs a bit of touching up and his face could be different. That's what you mean?

Nice rendition, Devlin.
There is no cheesing that is not skill