Stat Reduction: Ditch it or Keep it

Moderator: EUO Moderators

Sync
LAUGHING OUT LOUD LIKE A MORON

Re: Stat Reduction: Ditch it or Keep it

Post by Sync »

BlackMage wrote:
Raiden wrote:Once again, all support and input is appreciated, but this thread is about DITCHING or KEEPING the reduction, not anything else. Alternatives should be posted elsewhere.
Can you not read Sync? :roll:

I can read, I just want to know what his reason is for saying that.

Sync
Heikki
Tune in next time & see how they do it.

Post by Heikki »

Keep it
Reg Heikki, Pyttipannu, Nappo
PD Soturi R.I.P , Taikuri, Rosvo

Joke of day:
A skeleton walks into a bar - orders a beer and a mop
Heniek
Here for the lesbians.

Post by Heniek »

There should be a poll in this topic.

Ditch it.
It's always funny until someone gets hurt. Then it's just hilarious.

Heniek, Macros, Reptile [reg]
Undertow, Macros, Khelavaster, Reptile, Burn [PD]
Magrock
Here for the lesbians.

Post by Magrock »

Sync wrote:Care to explain why you vote that Mag?
Egg put in the stat reduction for a reason; Diminishing returns. It seemed like a fair compromise for everone. It is no big deal if I do 10% less damage now with the stat reduction. I'll just tough it out.
Raiden
I'd laugh if I saw a centaur IRL

Post by Raiden »

Let's get some more input!
Sync
LAUGHING OUT LOUD LIKE A MORON

Post by Sync »

Magrock wrote:
Sync wrote:Care to explain why you vote that Mag?
Egg put in the stat reduction for a reason; Diminishing returns. It seemed like a fair compromise for everone. It is no big deal if I do 10% less damage now with the stat reduction. I'll just tough it out.

Thank you for explaining.

Sync
Raiden

Post by Raiden »

:--;:
Dudle
on lolpatrol

Post by Dudle »

the lvl cap/stat reduction were/are to level the playing field as far as i understood it. and i also am in favour of keeping the reduction.

Of course i plan on seeing about respeccing Dudle to have 200% class cap and to balance my int and str better as well

Dudle
"I know that you knew that I know, but did you know I knew that you knew I know?" Cassanova Frankenstein 'Mystery Men'

"Buddah, Zeus, God...one of you guys do something!" & " Help Satan! You owe me!" - Professor Farnsworth 'Futurama'

"Hmm hmm hmm, when you do things right, people wont be sure you've done anything at all." Probably a computerized space probe that collided with 'God' 'Futurama'
ChrisCooper

Post by ChrisCooper »

Stop complaining. High levels such as Raiden and Sandfire can clear nearly ANY dungeon without even thinking about it. A nerf SOOOOO small shouldn't mean anything to you, you're still fucking unstoppable.

For that reason, I vote keep it. Or should I say, keep certain aspects of it.

I like the fact that it's leveling the playing field for all players. If high levels like Raiden were to be getting the same value as we get when they leveled up, they'd be able to become insanely powerful with absolutely no challenge. They don't have to really put their all into hunting, they can just mindlessly waltz into a dungeon and VOG everything standing in their way. They can already get tons more levels than the average mid level player can get, so it balances out pretty well.

But also, there are some things about stat reduction that I disagree with. One of these things being...

Mana/hp reduction: That seems like you're taking it a bit too far. At that point, you have the maeondir shrines, which basically means "Hey, you won't get ANY more powerful whatsoever, but at least you'll get your level's worth in mana/hp!"

IMO, an entire level just for getting a decent amount of hp/mana isn't worth it. Not one bit.

In conclusion, I vote: Keep the stat reduction, but take a good look at it. It's a great idea, but needs tweaking, because right now it's still a sizable nerf for high levels, even though it balances out the playerbase as a whole.
I'm here to kick ass, and chew bubblegum. And I'm all out of bubblegum.
Djanno
Here for the lesbians.

Post by Djanno »

The lust for power makes it tempting to say "Let's ditch it!", but in reality it probably should be kept.
Djanno :smoke:
Keighn
Stop posting already --;

Post by Keighn »

You still get hp/mana for visiting stat shrines don't you beyond 600?
ZUPS!!!!
Heniek
Here for the lesbians.

Post by Heniek »

Yes, amount of mana or hp is just reduced.
It's always funny until someone gets hurt. Then it's just hilarious.

Heniek, Macros, Reptile [reg]
Undertow, Macros, Khelavaster, Reptile, Burn [PD]
Eidolon
I should probably get out more.

Post by Eidolon »

A nerf SOOOOO small shouldn't mean anything to you, you're still fucking unstoppable.
I should be doing 1.75x as much damage with Sandfire at my current stats. I'm not sure how good you are with math seeing as you did write "sooo small" but thats very close to 1/2 the damage I'm supposed to be putting out at my level. I know this for a fact because I'm of LemonStandMan on PD.
you're still fucking unstoppable.
Because of stat reduction it will take me over 120 levels to get the required AS to hit a shadow mage for full damage from the level I'm at right now. Thats level 360+. That's including the fact that I'm going 100% fighter for the AS boost from tactics. It takes me forever to clear out City of Shadows and I almost always ask for help. Unstoppable? Yeah right.
They can already get tons more levels than the average mid level player can get, so it balances out pretty well.
This, sorry to say, is complete bullshit. It takes me longer to level Sandfire than my level 46 fighter/mage that completely sucks. He has 74str/74dex/100int and will til level 76 due to raising my class cap. He hunts so slow it bores me sometimes.. and he still levels faster. It takes 2 and a half hours of absolute nonstop looping of a dungeon hunting to get a level on Sand.

So in conclusion, you're arguing that since you've put barely a percentage of time into this game as many of us other players who actually still play this game have, the "playerbase should be balanced". I think thats utter bullshit. I should get what I worked for along with everyone else whose put the time into this game.

You have no idea what you're talking about. I do because I've played this game for over 5 years and have done everything there possibly is to do. Your highest level character is 87 ffs. Gtfo
ChrisCooper

Post by ChrisCooper »

Whiney.

If you'd have already been able to do all the things that stat reductions are stopping you from doing now, what else is there for you to work for?
Eidolon

Post by Eidolon »

Oh please dude. No paragraph long replies when someone completely shuts you down on what you think you know?
Do yourself a favor and stick to what you know, you might not look so retarded that way.

Artemis said it best:
EUO keeps getting new and harder things for us to do. Thus, higher and stronger lvl players are needed for the newer content.
What good is it if everyone's hit a plateau where they cant get much stronger and theres still much harder stuff out there?
Raiden

Post by Raiden »

Vanguard, seriously gtfo of this thread. I said I appreciate all input and support, but fucking stupidity isn't welcome. You think high level players are unstoppable? Bullshit! You have no idea what it's like to have your potential strength stripped from you. I'm doing the same damage at level 322 as I did at level 190 with NO CAP. Seriously, this isn't small in anyway; and I am far from unstoppable, along with all the other high levels.

It doesn't balance anything, it strips the power from EVERYONE. Without it EVERYONE would be stronger. But my hate for the stat reduction comes at how it kicks certain types of fighters, rogues, and all mages in the face. Again everyone knows where I stand here.
ChrisCooper

Post by ChrisCooper »

You're both bitches :dance:

But no, seriously. Because I'm not a high level, you think I can't understand the nerf that a high level has to go through? That's like when you were a kid, and no adult took anything you said seriously because you weren't legally an adult. Even if you thought you knew what you were talking about.

I understand you high leveled assholes have been nerfed. That's why I said "need's work, but good concept". All you pissed off players can only see "Oh hey, he thinks we should keep it! He gave his two cents and isn't even high enough level to be effected by it!". It DOES need work, and it IS a good idea, but you know damn well that if you guys were as strong as you should be, you'd be roaming the continent killing EVERY player with pvp turned on, and most of the playerbase wouldn't stand a chance.

Oh, and
Raiden wrote:I said I appreciate all input and support, but fucking stupidity isn't welcome.
You. Shut the fuck up. Your only argument, EVER, is "CURSE WORDS! INTIMIDATION AND CURSE WORDS!"
Eidolon

Post by Eidolon »

Now you're just going off assumptions.

Do us a favor and let the adults handle this one. Only kids keep coming back for more once they've already been completely shut down.
Raiden

Post by Raiden »

This whole argument is bullshit, each side has made their points; drop it. Let the people decide what to think about it.
Please continue your input, etc.
mugima
I once posted in TFIOOC!

Post by mugima »

I would like to say ditch it, for my own reasons, but if it is to stay in it needs some tinkering. Example, Eragon has 555 str and 555 dex at level 177, so he hasn't reached the stat reduc yet, therefore he has an unfair advantage over any other class at level 177 who didn't divide there str and dex, Odin has 687 int, and I realise that I haven't really gotten into the stat reduc on him but I mean cmon he's only level 137 and already been being affected by it for like 15 levels, that's completely unbalanced, why do you think I quit playing Odin seriously? All in all I wish it was ditched completely but if that's hoping for too much then it should atleast be configured a little more so that it will affect all players the same, instead of a level 137 char being affected by it when a level 177 char won't be affected by it for like 20 more levels...kinda fudged up if you ask me.