MapEd woes

Moderator: EUO Moderators

Catherine
English correct bastard.

MapEd woes

Post by Catherine »

I've got the new maped client (with blood creatures in etc), however, I'm hitting a major issue:

I can scroll into -x, -y positions, and off into infinity on any axis.

This makes properly positioning my start (0,0) and locking the map to the size I want almost impossible.

Is there a key to lock the scrolling, or am I doing something stupid?

(And yes. I desire to make a couple more maps - I was thinking about totally revamping the underworld, and providing some more generic hunting grounds).

Also, monsters.dat doesn't contain the data on the new monsters: while I get the reason why, I've no idea at their relative strengths etc vrs players. I'd particularly like to use corpsers.
Keighn
Stop posting already --;

Re: MapEd woes

Post by Keighn »

I've wondered that myself. Now, I have a slightly differently problem but not necessarily with maped but rather the dev server. Everytime I load up my developer server to test a map or idea it keeps asking me to patch. I don't suppose there is a new version out there or is there something really messed up with my machine?
ZUPS!!!!
Catherine
English correct bastard.

Re: MapEd woes

Post by Catherine »

I asked around - it seems that setting any tile on a compass setting outside the boundary sets N,E,S,W into the same tile.

Confused me a bit, but I can work it now.

As an aside, if I had a dev server, I guess I could see relative strengths of mobs.