Spells

Moderator: EUO Moderators

BlackMage
I should probably get out more.

Spells

Post by BlackMage »

Keighn wrote:
Making VOG not bounce would just make it a homing OG.
Not a bad idea for a spell. I personally think mages need spells redone with even higher circles (maybe up to 10 or 12). The engine needs a rewrite for spellcasting; more spells, more spell divisions, categories, and elemental/various resistances.
This is something I've been wanting to have done for a longggggggggg time now.

I do agree! Would there be any chance if I drew up a new idea that it would get any attention paid to it?
eggmceye
hello

Post by eggmceye »

what is the idea exactly?
BlackMage

Post by BlackMage »

Everything that Keighn wrote...
Keighn wrote:more spells, more spell divisions, categories, and elemental/various resistances.
Like, adding more levels to the spells - instead of 1 - 8 have like 1 - 10 or so.

More divisions, im assuming, meaning more breakdown of the spells; support, healing, offense, defense, and maybe another division or two.

More elemental/various resistances, again just assuming, meaning spells to slightly increase MR temporarily, poison resistance spells, zombie resistance spells, XJ resistance spells, etc. Elemental would be something probably like the basic pokemon breakdown of elemental combats; fire trumps ice, water trumps fire, ice trumps water.
BlackMage

Post by BlackMage »

Here is something along the lines of what I was thinking about. Feel free to look over it and comment on the way it's laid out, how it changes some things, and how it adds new things.

The red dots indicate that they would be new added spells, if it were to get approved and whatnot.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
eggmceye
hello

Post by eggmceye »

is each division (column) meant to be a school or are you just sorting them out?
BlackMage

Post by BlackMage »

I was just sorting them out, but I guess they could be their own class. I guess the resistance column could get merged with defense and the elemental column could get merged with offense though.
BlackMage

Post by BlackMage »

Here is a sorted list into the 3 schools already; Sorcery (offense), Piety (healing & preventative), and Magery (everything else).

Again, the red dots indicate that the spell would be new. The spells themselves would be new, but the basic concept for the majority of them are already in game...

-Homing Lightning
-----(Dragons and Daemons already use this!)

-Regeneration
-----[self and party] (Using a bandage! Same rules apply!)

-MR Boost
-----Minor Boost would be like equipping a +2 MR piece that is drained slowly (like EU). Greater Boost would be like equipping a +4 MR piece that is drained in the same way.

-Party Invisibility
-----It would be like casting SL on yourself, just expanded around your party (everyone on screen only)

-Party Armour
-----It would be like casting S on yourself, just expanded around your party (everyone on screen only)

Anyway, look over the list and let me know what you think!
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.