Cussing on global/auto GM

Moderator: EUO Moderators

Gulnar
on lolpatrol

Cussing on global/auto GM

Post by Gulnar »

Talking with Keighn, I had an idea:

Players who curse on global get hit with a lightning bolt from above for 50% of their HP. Have a function that checks global for naughty text strings and punishes accordingly. I think that would be kind of fun (albeit not especially effective since it could be evaded by typing e.g. "fu ck" or "f_u_c_k", etc.)

Could/should other rule enforcments be automated somehow? I'd imagine there could be a check for repeatedly PKing somebody, with an autojail penalty.
Keighn
Stop posting already --;

Post by Keighn »

Yeah, we were also talking about possible DM (not gm) abilities like /die <player#> which would basically strike the player dead "God has stricken xxx dead!"

Or even a damage command:

/dmg <points of damage> <player #> "xxx keels over in pain taking xxx dmg!"

/fire <points of damage> <player #> "xxx spontaneosly combusts taking xxx dmg!" fireball sound.

/bolt <points of damage> <player #> "An electrical charge releases a bolt of lightning! XXX takes xxx dmg!" lightning sound.

/quake <points of damage <all players on screen> "The earth cracks and trembles! You are all tossed about." quake sound and each takes the damage.
ZUPS!!!!
Rusty76
Posting from my ass computer.

Post by Rusty76 »

I thought DMs could already do that. I once got hit out of nowhere by ChuckNorris (Voy) for 1,000,000 points of damage. if I can find the screenshot I'll post it here.

Edit: found the screenshot :)
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Ulric
buying vamp LS of any kind +5

Post by Ulric »

I was on last night a player Varmly or something like that was swearing up a storm on global because his pet rat was killed before it was bonded. This happen about 1 minute after Destroyer logged off. Varmly would not stop when asked too. Here are some ideas the help with this problem.

1) Give a few more trusted players a jrGM status. Which would only give the power to gag a player for 5 minutes?

2) Add functionality for a group of 2-3 players to vote on gagging a player for 5 minutes.

5 minutes should be enough time for the player to cool down. Also all talk channels should not be viewable for that player. Maybe PM should still work but am not sure on that.

So that jrGM do not abuse this power they should only be able to gag up to 2 players in a 15 minutes period. Usually 1 or 2 players are fighting back and forth so both need to be gagged.
BlackMage
I should probably get out more.

Post by BlackMage »

Ulric wrote:1) Give a few more trusted players a jrGM status.
I kindly volunteer X-D
"All things end in judgement."
Ulric
buying vamp LS of any kind +5

Post by Ulric »

Another idea to help with this problem.

Add code that monitors the global channel by watching for inappropriate words or statements. If X inappropriate words or statements are used in N amount of time. Then email the global channel conversation to a GM so they can review it and take appropriate action if deemed necessary.