EUO TILES & AVATARS

Moderator: EUO Moderators

Keighn
Stop posting already --;

Re: EUO TILES & AVATARS

Post by Keighn »

Tinted necklaces never showed up when dropped so I tinted their chains to metal gray. Sadly no matter what I try I cannot get the spikes on the collars to tint.

EDIT-- reedited below
Last edited by Keighn on Mon Jun 20, 2011 2:21 am, edited 1 time in total.
ZUPS!!!!
Grunkk
Tune in next time & see how they do it.

Post by Grunkk »

Tank wtf? No.

Think of a normal wagon, two horses at front, windows on the sides etc. But- Cannons in the windows, so only able to fire from the sides.
On a search to find the meaning of life... Oh wait, to get to level 450!
Magrock
Here for the lesbians.

Post by Magrock »

That sounds like a siege tower. Not that we really need something so overpowered.
Keighn
Stop posting already --;

Post by Keighn »

Mobile cannon is a tank or battle wagon. I don't care if its driven by gears and tracks or a sled dog. Siege tower? Not even close. The purpose of most siege towers were semi-mobile stairs/ladder to allow combatants relative protective safety to breach the walls of a fortification. I won't deny that some had offensive capabilities but primarily they were designed to protect the soldiers so they didn't get plucked off by archers or have rocks/oil, w/e thrown down on them which would probably happen if they were using ladders. The usage of a battering ram was also used and some siege towers would resemble the mythological juggernaut of sorts with massive wheels. I say semi-mobile for siege towers because they just weren't of a solid design to traverse most terrain and so were built usually on the battle field or near it.

Hmm.. make you almost wish we had siege warfare in euo.

EDIT-
Ah I totally forgot about wagon-fort and the gulyay-gorod idea. Ok, in that instance you could say a it sounds like a siege tower though, I'd be more inclined to say it was a primitive tank (albiet with a helluva lot of cannons).
ZUPS!!!!
Keighn
Stop posting already --;

Post by Keighn »

I grew tired of balrons afflicted with hepatitus and pink eye so I changed em to their meaner selves.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
ZUPS!!!!
Grunkk

Post by Grunkk »

On the note of balrons - Aren't they supposed to be black and covered in fire? Or is that look reserved for a 'Shadow Balron'
Keighn
Stop posting already --;

Post by Keighn »

You're thinking more of a balrog or balor (though its definetely where they came from). Ultima canon has had a few version of the balron. Yes they're typically black as night with leathery wings wielding a whip and a flaming sword (definite balrog reference there). Typical descriptions:

Ultima I:
Huge, leather-skinned daemon lords, the Balron are perhaps the most fearsome of the evil minions of Mondain. Armed with viscious barbed whips and the ability to cast devastating fireballs at their victims, these winged scions of Hell have proved to be the nemesis of the flower of Sosarian Knighthood.

Ultima II:
Awesomely recognizable from its great leather wings, the wretched evil balron ensures the success of its Herculean strength by using a sleep spell to render its victims helpless. Some have hypothesized that the spell is not real--that the fetid, putrid breath of the creature is so horrible that humans cannot resist the urge to escape it immediately through sleep.

Ultima III: Devils - Orcus - Balrons
If thou attempts to overcome these mighty warriors of the Dark, then thou hadst best be protected by all means possible. Anything less will mean thy instant destruction. These archfoes are so filled with evil, that they can hurl poisoned magic bolts from across the arena. the slightest hit may poison thye character and sap their vitality. (also note that their spell hit multiple targets)

Ultima IV: Balron
It is believed by some that all of these marshals of evil were destroyed when the Triad fell. If any do exist, it would be better for one to Quit life itself than face the fury of a Balron. The ancient scrolls described them as flying creatures which cast devasting fireballs as well as weave massive enchantments that once felled entire armies. (fireball and sleep)

Ultima Codex:
Balrons -- the kings of the daemons! There is no foe more fear-inspiring than these rulers of hell and darkness... even the mighty dragons fear them. Their sheer presence is enough to cause any life around them to wither and die. Normally, balrons command hordes of lower daemons into battle, but when they take up the fight themselves, they are nearly unbeatable. Capable of debilitating magicks and equipped with tough skin and unearthly strength, the balron is a horrible enemy, to be avoided at all costs.

Thankfully, only rarely are they seen in our lands, and more often underground than on the surface world.

Balron - From UOGuide
In the depths of hell, they are generals among hordes of daemons that know only war. In Britannia, they are nigh on unstoppable. With mighty hell-forged blades and life draining magical powers, perhaps the only thing Balrons do not possess is subtlety. When you stand nine feet tall and wield an eight-foot blade of hell forged steel, who needs subtlety?

Though in the original single-player games upon which UO is based Balrons were "uber"-bosses, in UO not so much. Currently, they are simply particularly hard Demons, though they can still kill an experienced player who takes them too lightly.

Especially beware of their Paragon form, which occasionally spawns in Ilshenar.

One can always custom script a balron if they want to.
ZUPS!!!!
Grunkk

Post by Grunkk »

Hm, maybe I should have a look at trying to make a Balrog then. Imps>Daemon>Balron>Balrog(uberboss such as phoenix)

Edit -: Can't/CBF putting flames on the balrog/black balron, Might try later, So heres my epic recolour.
Balrog.PNG
Balrog.gif
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Keighn
Stop posting already --;

Post by Keighn »

What program are you using to make the gif? Atm, I can split gifs but I can't assemble them. Maybe some orange tones on the horns or around the hands. The creature is generally so large that creating a sword or whip just might not work. I'm also not too sure if the Tolkein estate gets pissy over usage of the name "Balrog." Since its been in so much media I doubt it.

Not bad of a start. There are a few pixels that seem out of place. I think the horns should be more yellowish or bone colored; perhaps even orangish since we flames can't be depicted too well.
ZUPS!!!!
Grunkk

Post by Grunkk »

Gimp - Just put each frame into its own PNG file (using ms.Paint or whatever) so you end up with 4 pics of each frame, then go on Gimp, and open as layers or something, select all 4 layers, click open. Then go file-Save as, then go Select Extension, pick .gif, and save. Then it will give you some random options which I don't bother altering besides the FPS, which I set to about 500 ms

And for the fire-thing, I thought of make it as if it was completely fire on the inside, and the outside is just a leathery skin, and add Slice marks on it, so you can see the fire inside.

And as for the horns, I suppose daemons don't have tooth brushes, so i'll check it out.
Grunkk

Post by Grunkk »

Oh btw, Failed @ creating fire, Not enough room to make slices, I tried to make it as if when it lifted its hands up, it flashes with fire, But failed

Also tried to make it as if its hands were on fire the whole time, and when it lifts it hands up the fire joins like some kind of ... 8inch wide rope or something.. Failed there aswell

If anyone wants to have a go, please try ;)
Keighn
Stop posting already --;

Post by Keighn »

Just noticed I hated how my katars pointed downwards so I changed them and a few minor other things. Hopefully this is my final edit.
ZUPS!!!!
eggmceye
hello

Post by eggmceye »

can you make an exact list of changes that you have made?
Keighn
Stop posting already --;

Post by Keighn »

btiles21:
changed mace to flanged mace
added metal band to staff
kite shield light metal pattern so it can show tinting
Tower/heater shield blue to steel grays so it shows tinting
changed brass knuckles to show tinting
Fixed rings with gems to silver color to show tinting
fixed necklaces with gems to show tinting
added metal band to shillelagh
added metal band to crook

btiles22:
added metal band to gnarled staff

overlay:
changed scythe
changed great maul to old half orc great maul
changed morning star to someting simpler
changed other hammers to something smaller
edited brass knuckles to metal color so it shows tinting
Changed Katar to look more like btiles
changed Neko de to look more like btiles
shrunk buckler to a smaller shield
moved old buckler to small shield so it represent btiles
changed kite shield to represent btiles
changed tower/heater shield to represent btiles

I think that's it. Note that I changed the staff btiles so they would show a small band when tinted as I notice in the overlay they each had a small metal band. I tried to get it as close to positioning as possible. Originally, I had the katar facing downwards but it just didn't look right. I changed them just today and they look a little better. I've checkedthem on all races and it looks ok IMHO, hard to be sure until I notice something amiss.
ZUPS!!!!
eggmceye
hello

Post by eggmceye »

thanks, when I get time I'll digest it all
Grunkk

Post by Grunkk »

Speaking of weapon tiles... what's goin on with my banner/flag? Just wondering.
Ozimandias
Here for the lesbians.

Post by Ozimandias »

I was very bored, so I've made my own versions of grunkk's banners. These are for ctf only. One color for blue team, the other for red.

I'm thinking of making decorations for clan halls. Maybe flags for clans as well (probably one flag color for every individual clan or set of color stripes, rather than trying to squeeze in clan letters and designs).

Will post bigger screenies soon

EDIT: Done. Isn't cool how the flags sway to and from in animation? Cuz that's really just a silly cop out so it wouldn't get cut off at the edge of the 2nd tile too much.
There are three kinds of people in this world: those who can count, and those who can't,
Ozimandias
Here for the lesbians.

Post by Ozimandias »

I've made a few flags loosely based off of keighn's 1st post on this thread (infact, his were a template for me to follow). These flags are intended for "clan decorations." Maybe they could emblems for clans that the leaders get to pick?

I created not only different designs on flags, but different shapes of flags as well. I call the following (from left to right):

"Bloody Ghost", "RedGreenBlue" (just some shitty design i made while redoing the shape), "Conquistador", "Bullseye"

I plan on making more flags out of sheer boredom. And if they actually get used or inspire anything that gets added into the game, then all the better.
Let me know what you guys think :)
There are three kinds of people in this world: those who can count, and those who can't,
Keighn
Stop posting already --;

Post by Keighn »

I wonder if yellow would look cool on bullseye. Red and white is the typical color. There's also red and black. Hmmm dart board... hellz yah!
ZUPS!!!!
Ozimandias
Here for the lesbians.

Post by Ozimandias »

Yellow in place of the white, correct?