EUO TILES & AVATARS

Moderator: EUO Moderators

Grunkk
Tune in next time & see how they do it.

Re: EUO TILES & AVATARS

Post by Grunkk »

Thanks Ozi, my banners did need a serious make-over, when ingame they pretty much covered more than have the char xD.
On a search to find the meaning of life... Oh wait, to get to level 450!
Keighn
Stop posting already --;

Post by Keighn »

Yeah. You could also try pure white in each of the white spots. One looks a little gray.
ZUPS!!!!
Ozimandias
Here for the lesbians.

Post by Ozimandias »

Thnx guys. Also, I think it only appears to be gray in one of the flags' negative space (the blue flag, to me) because of the hues of the contrasting color. They're both exactly white, but i'll check to be sure.

Also, I've put together all of the "clan flags" i've made so far together in one combined piece. They are as follows:

Bloody Ghost, Odd Pattern #1, Conquistador, Red white Bulseye, Tiki Mask, American Color scheme (or just RedWhiteBlue), Yin Yang, Red Yellow Bullseye, Odd Pattern #2, NordHaven Lighthouse (ALWAYS REMEMBER!), Crocodile/Alligator (as seen from above into a swamp), Odd Pattern #3, Keighn's Key (my version), Skull, Bare FlagStand Front, Bare FlagStand Back.

I have the smaller, before re-sizing, original ones still on my laptop. Will post them with these sometime soonish.

EDIT: Will do more later. Also, my fav is the yin yang :heart: (so fucking hard to pull off the circular symmetry!)
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
There are three kinds of people in this world: those who can count, and those who can't,
Keighn
Stop posting already --;

Post by Keighn »

Those are pretty cool. I think the healing banner is a pretty good improvement. Mine were pretty simple with a few color variations except for the cutpaste skulls and stuff. There was the idea some time ago for each clan to have a banner of their own but that's a lot of pics I guess. Now what it does give me for an idea is Totems for shamans or druids if we ever venture there. different Totems do different things while they are alive. Yeah, keep up the work on those.
ZUPS!!!!
Ozimandias
Here for the lesbians.

Post by Ozimandias »

Thnks keighn. I honestly forgot about the healing totem; I just copied ideas from the days of the Inquisition and the Spanish Conquistador flags for that one.

To be honest, I think the flags/banners/emblems for clans would only apply for ones with clan halls (to reduce clutter), and they could show up in the armory - so maybe more than one clan can't have the same flag design? It would be via request i guess or a competition or addy coins to get a specific flag.

I'd imagine that the flag could also be one tile above the clan's hideout, too. Just to remind fools not to trippin' in other peep's hoods (i am so white). And of course, the leaders could liberally decorate clan halls with their own flags.

And ya, i'll keep on making more as i get around to them and come up with more ideas.
There are three kinds of people in this world: those who can count, and those who can't,
eggmceye
hello

Post by eggmceye »

wow, nice
Keighn
Stop posting already --;

Post by Keighn »

I think I'm biased towards a brighter white on the one target. Something like this:
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
ZUPS!!!!
Ozimandias
Here for the lesbians.

Post by Ozimandias »

YES, egg thinks they're good. I must've finally hit the nail on the head when it comes to bettering my sprite work :)
I'll continue making these flags, and I'll also finish up a "zombie gnome" i've been working on.

And ya, i kinda like the white rings better too, but the red yellow one reminds me of some color scheme from an old nes baseball game I used to play as a kid (can't remember the name, and I think there were dozens upon dozens of nes baseball games)

EDIT: Sorry, keighn, i didn't realize you edited it. I suppose brighter white around the outer rim is better as well
Keighn
Stop posting already --;

Post by Keighn »

I actually recall someone working on the old style targets on a tripod base. I'll see if i can dig it up and modify both to that. Its probably down deep. I've played a lot of games with carnival targets and always got a blast out of em. Knight Games, Hillsfar, Carnival, Crossbow, prolly some others.
ZUPS!!!!
Ozimandias
Here for the lesbians.

Post by Ozimandias »

SECOND SET!!!!

I think it is safe to say that I've used up the rest of my creative juices for the day on this set. They are:

Keighn's Version of Bullseye, Teenage Mutant Ninja Gremlins (i know rite?), Hourglass In the Skies, Shades of Gray, Awesome Face (oh, I went there), Odd Pattern #4, Huge Crab Flag, Severed Goblin's Head Banner, Care Bear Heart, Odd Pattern #5, Odd Pattern #6 (kinda looks like atari logo), Smiley Face, Green, Red n' Blue, Scream Mask, Dream Catcher.

Phew! That was fun. Now to dick around and play games :)
Keighn
Stop posting already --;

Post by Keighn »

Ooh, a little tinkering and that one would be the punishers crest.
ZUPS!!!!
Aerie
Here for the lesbians.

Post by Aerie »

First row, second colomn. Ninja Turtle. :heart: :heart: :heart:

I want a Ninja Turtle Avatar!
Ozimandias
Here for the lesbians.

Post by Ozimandias »

That got me thinking, maybe flags could be used as a "co-avatar" depending on what clan you're in. Ie, SPT has the skull flag, so somewhere on my armoury page it would sport the patriotic skull. And maybe then it wouldn't be restricted to just clan halls (but maybe somekind of restriction, so that not every quick noob with 3 accounts could create a clan and sweep up all the good designs).

Also, I'm getting back to avy spriting. For the heck of it maybe i'll try a ninja turtle (one of my fav chartoons in my early childhood :geek: )

First, I'll try and complete the gnome zombie. Also, if anyone can successfully make a skull and bones flag, I'd be very appreciative. Although, you may have to resort on expanding the canvas from 16x to 32x
Keighn
Stop posting already --;

Post by Keighn »

Seems like when I think I'm done I find something else I can tweak. Using the models from phantoms I changed the longswords overlay. I honesly think that the current scimitars overlay could be used for falchions and then add the old longswords for scimitars with a minor adjustment. I've also added some color for the crossguards of both weapons to match the drop.
overlay.png
swords.PNG
Small adendum. I noticed today that glaive and trident were getting cut off on two frames. I shift it downwards 1 pixel for each weapon.
Last edited by Keighn on Tue Jun 28, 2011 1:03 am, edited 1 time in total.
ZUPS!!!!
Grunkk

Post by Grunkk »

I reckon scimitars look like boomerangs, They should be less curved and be thicker imo.
Keighn
Stop posting already --;

Post by Keighn »

Scimitars

I suppose it could be done but the fraction of 16x16 would make a difficult for me to change that. All I added was the crossbar to the scimitar. Dual blackrock scims still make me think of the Forgotten Realms Fanboy of the underdark; Drizzt.
ZUPS!!!!
Grunkk

Post by Grunkk »

oh, well I made some edits, here's my contribution!

Here's a single-bladed axe-thing with a spikey-thing on the back, (Inspired from AC2-BH)

made the hatchet look more like a bearded hatchet and/or tomahawk

and I don't even know what the third one is, but I made the blades go out further.
Axes.PNG
Grunkk

Post by Grunkk »

Double posting lika pro.- Made a new rough scimitar, hopefully to be edited by someone *Cough* Ozi *Cough*
Scimitar.PNG
overlay.png
Keighn
Stop posting already --;

Post by Keighn »

Where's the hilt (crossbar, grip, and pommel)? I think i've seen scimitars with ribbons but they still had a hilt.
ZUPS!!!!
Lemonope
LAUGHING OUT LOUD LIKE A MORON

Post by Lemonope »

Much better than the orginal banana/boomerang shaped scimatiar which never looked right.

Thumbs up from me :rebel: