EUO TILES & AVATARS

Moderator: EUO Moderators

Akyla
I accidently ate my friend's placenta!

Re: EUO TILES & AVATARS

Post by Akyla »

omg Extell
You get what anyone gets; you get a lifetime.
When the first living thing existed, I was there waiting.
When the last living thing dies, my job will be finished.
Next thing you're going to be moaning that I ought to get a scythe...
Grunkk
Tune in next time & see how they do it.

Post by Grunkk »

Extell wrote:
Grunkk wrote:Ugh made the tiles for the Kopesh but whenever I test out the overlay ingame the whole tile is pink (covering the entire AV) as if I'm using the wrong background colour for the weapon, but I'm sure that it's right.. either way here's the weapon.
If the tile pages are still the same as they used to be, its a very specific color of pink. Photoshop Hex code: #FF00FF
Ah ok thanks.
On a search to find the meaning of life... Oh wait, to get to level 450!
Grunkk
Tune in next time & see how they do it.

Post by Grunkk »

Righto, time to get some life back into this thread.

Fixed the colour on my Khopesh which reveals that it looks retarded when you hold it, so a no go there.

Also heres an overlay that replaces some old items with newer, flashier ones.

Changes - Replaced the kite-shield with Lord Morts
Replaced my old banner with Ozi's new one, also made the inside grey'ish for tints (instead of just two colours)
Replaced the old boomerang scimitar with my ribbon one.
overlay.png
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
On a search to find the meaning of life... Oh wait, to get to level 450!
Ozimandias
Here for the lesbians.

Post by Ozimandias »

No one posts the shit out of this thread anymore. Why?!

TL:DR Here is my art pixel shits (and I'll post more 32 bit in the near future or something like that):

1: I was trying to draw a female grim reaper while listening to Pink Floyd's "The Gnome" on my Piper at the Gates of Dawn cd. True story, bro's.

2a 2b 2c : Large, mobile venus fly traps (heavy edit on another plant based enemy). Originally each color was to represent a spell. Then I realized they should all be weak against flame attacks and color should just mean how strong they are.

3: An edit of the otter I made for a request some time ago. It's a subterranean cave version of the sandtrap, pretty much.

4: Inspired by the scary-ass red-eyed moon from my favorite n64 game, Majora's Mask. I figured this could be nocturnal and disappear when it turns to daylight (like werewolves, but all moons except full). I tried to make this moon look like a mishmash of shifting emotions, but I couldn't think of four different kinds, however. Maybe I could create a full slate for every eye color and not have it be only 2 different frames.

I've got more, but sadly they're either leftovers of what I've already shown in the past or just recolors atm.

EDIT:I guess I gotta get unlazy and x32 them bishes and hose.

EDIT 2: Cut shorter for Aerie's request. Even I in fact, as a writer and avid reader, do not like to read piss-thick texts on some fucken LCD screen.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Last edited by Ozimandias on Fri Apr 27, 2012 2:46 am, edited 1 time in total.
There are three kinds of people in this world: those who can count, and those who can't,
Aerie
Here for the lesbians.

Post by Aerie »

I like tiles and all, but I'm not gonna lie, that post is too long. Make it shorter!! xD

I like the Gerbil lookin' one though. :D
Ozimandias
Here for the lesbians.

Post by Ozimandias »

I took out a good 1/3 or more text. Also, I'm a bit bored with creatures after "perfecting" my electric eel and "glow whale" so I've been remodeling my old flag posts and trying to make new ones as well and long story short I'm pissing about making some 32x flags and house decorations.

I'll post up the electric eel and some 32x versions of the above shortly. Even though I deleting my attempts to recolor the glow whale I'll put him up again for the heck of it.

EDIT: SURPRISE, BISHES!
There are three kinds of people in this world: those who can count, and those who can't,
Aerie
Here for the lesbians.

Post by Aerie »

Number one, when upscaling items from 16x16 to 32x32, use hq2x. Example:

Yours.
Luna%20Mad.png
Mines.
Mad%20Luna.png
Number two, look at the cleaner and smoother lines. Example: look at the second tile (with the yellow eyes). Yours looks like it has football lines ready to tackle and fuck someone up. Mines has more fade and more clarity to look more like baags under your eyes like you're tired and/or possessed.

Now, you probably will have to go in and change the pink back to the original transprent pink, as well as you may have to do a little bit of touch up to that tileset. However, I'd rather touch_up/fix the tile vs. re-do the entire tile to double it to size.

P.S. - As I re-read this, it feels as if I'm being douche-ish or coming off as an asshole. Please don't take it like that, I'm trying to throw out more of a helpful hint to help you with more slick/better looking tiles.

and P.S.S. - Sometimes, the more blocky look looks better vs. using hq2x, so it's users choice.
Aerie
Here for the lesbians.

Post by Aerie »

double-post / P.S.S.S.....

For an example for the P.S.S., I more or less like yours better for the more blocky look on this particular tile..

Yours.
Mole%20Whacky.png
Mines.
Whacky%20Mole.png
See?

edit: sorry, I think I lied on this post. as I look at it more, I kinda like the hq2x one better again... :/

My bad.....
Aerie
Here for the lesbians.

Post by Aerie »

tripple post -.- i'll rage quit if i post a 4th time.....

if you want that hq2x program, PM me your e-mail address and I'll send it to you. :D

edit: with instructions. :mad:
LordMortiferus
MACRO > me

Post by LordMortiferus »

You can find HQ2x and more algorithms in one single executable file for windows with GUI at https://code.google.com/p/2dimagefilter/.
Bugbo
Girls only want boyfriends who have great skills.

Post by Bugbo »

Another version of the desk, slightly darker.
desk.PNG
desk-BG.png
Keighn
Stop posting already --;

Post by Keighn »

Ah, nice stuff. Been a while since I've seen this page. I notice that Thane was talking about the great maul being a tad wimpy looking. In here some of us redid the great maul to make it look more impressive. Size is banging da bicthsides of monsters down in da house.
Last edited by Keighn on Fri Aug 16, 2013 12:46 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Keighn
Stop posting already --;

Post by Keighn »

Redid my Overlay for weapons yet again. This time I added some animation to the great maul.
Keighn
Stop posting already --;

Post by Keighn »

The Awesome Pintrest at work. This was something I did last year; a labor of love I guess or just tedium to not play diablo 2. Many games have tilesets and I've liked organizing tiles and gfx way back from Adventure Construction set to bardstale construction set to the forgotten realms unlimited adventure construction set. EUO is no different in my methods to madness.

This is just the monsters in the game/NPCs/Players. I went and found the originals or most from when they had weapons. I didn't include all of the Joshua steele ones from older euo when we had giant q-tips, Ogre chieftains, Ettin Cheiftains, etc. I could in the future though as it is a pet project.

There may be some alterations to gfx as I probably lightened up some of the colors on humans to make them more fleshy (aka guards, the king, old cleric, female mages, etc).

PINTREST PRESENTS - Gaming - Tiled Monsters
Keighn
Stop posting already --;

Post by Keighn »

PINTREST - EUO WALL TEMPLATES

Here's a little project I was working on last year as well. The color scheme I chose for the example is terrible but overlays are awesome IMHO. I might show the roads and bridges if I can make them look better. Diagonals are a pain in the ass. Same with the railways.
Keighn
Stop posting already --;

Post by Keighn »

Keighn
Stop posting already --;

Post by Keighn »

Bump for thane to check out hammer.
Last edited by Keighn on Fri Aug 16, 2013 12:46 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Keighn
Stop posting already --;

Armor Overlays Anyone?

Post by Keighn »

I saw a quick 3 word post at UOF site about ore dyes and that made me wonder about yet another overlay system for here. ARMOR. I know it'd be a long process to do and that might mean we have to go with semi-nude alts running around with equipment to put on. I had really hoped LordMortiferus had already started on this but it would seem he's very pressed for time these days. The only real problem with armor overlays is various humanoids and small humanoids. An overlay might require two or three different sets to accommodate everyone.
on lolpatrol

Re: Armor Overlays Anyone?

Post by 1 »

Keighn wrote:I saw a quick 3 word post at UOF site about ore dyes and that made me wonder about yet another overlay system for here. ARMOR. I know it'd be a long process to do and that might mean we have to go with semi-nude alts running around with equipment to put on. I had really hoped LordMortiferus had already started on this but it would seem he's very pressed for time these days. The only real problem with armor overlays is various humanoids and small humanoids. An overlay might require two or three different sets to accommodate everyone.
I've thought about how cool this would be as well and I would to see it as an option.

The only thing I can think of is a lot of high level players wear the same gear (Estoratth's vest, Ironfist cap, Dragonscale boots, etc) so many people will look similar. The ability to dye armor would be cool.

Also, will named gear and artifacts glow? If they did, we might look like phase beasts, that... might be cool actually! :geek:

What would be visible on a character? Currently we have:

Torso
Legs
Head
Hands
Feet
Two Rings
Neck
Keighn
Stop posting already --;

Post by Keighn »

If you ever saw lordMortiferus' animation cartoons he had one where sparkles were glowing around an alt. Things like that, glowing colored radius like phase beasts or broden, old mage staffs glowing, lightning, and maybe some other stuff would be neat too. I know all the vamps want sparkles.