EUO TILES & AVATARS

Moderator: EUO Moderators

Ozimandias
Here for the lesbians.

Re: EUO TILES & AVATARS

Post by Ozimandias »

Ya, I spent a lot of time one the top right gnome, but I was worried if he didn't have a EUO-ish pose or not. I'll try more with your advice, though I'm sure I'll have to edit the poses so they're not so... similar.
There are three kinds of people in this world: those who can count, and those who can't,
Keighn
Stop posting already --;

Post by Keighn »

Didn't know if you could see it ok so I blew it up.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
ZUPS!!!!
Ozimandias
Here for the lesbians.

Post by Ozimandias »

I LOVE your edits. Also, before i read your edited post and the next one, I made some new/recolored ones. Ignore the gnome male monk, as I like your edition better. Also, I forgot to recolor the female gnome monk's clothes.

Te newer ones are: Bloodkin monk meditating and floating, Half Orc Monk "teetering" to and fro whilst shaking his fist, and a Half Orc monk going "Super Saiya- I mean... Super ORC!."

Also, Keighn, if you'd like to "remodel" any of my sprites if you believe they could be done better, by all means do so.
There are three kinds of people in this world: those who can count, and those who can't,
Keighn
Stop posting already --;

Post by Keighn »

I tried to lure Dolus to the forums but I know there's other artists that are out there. I'll see what I can do, but that one was just so awesome I couldn't resist tinkering. Excellent work setting the stage with that one.
Ozimandias
Here for the lesbians.

Post by Ozimandias »

Thnx. Also, when you say "set the stage," I actually hope you don't necessarily mean have it as a template for others. Though I think gnome and humans would fit with that one nicely (plus it shows off a "battle stance" just like egg's going with the class), I'd still like to see different "styles" for the less humanoid classes (half-orc, Draconian, Half Troll, and maybe bloodkin and shadowfolk).

I always thought of monks as being more "mind over matter" types, than say... "wrestling dudes." That's why I tried the bloodkin one.
LordMortiferus
MACRO > me

Post by LordMortiferus »

/!\ Updated animation /!\
nearly all the shields and bows from current sprites:
shield.png
bows.png
(note i resized to 32x32)

i am starting to wonder how much work this will be to extract all the different weapons (+ clean up) and fitting the avs sprite movement with the weapons animation. Never mind that thought (for now), expect more soon.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Last edited by LordMortiferus on Tue Jul 20, 2010 5:26 am, edited 2 times in total.
eggmceye
hello

Post by eggmceye »

yeh now you've done it :2cool:
LordMortiferus
MACRO > me

Post by LordMortiferus »

/!\ Updated Animation /!\
next round. staves:
staves.png
(I know shillelaghs look different)

and maces:
maces.png
I have not found any morning stars or flails, so i filled the space with some kind of polearm that has a chain and skull attached to it. I would appreciate it if someone could make one or more sprites for it. Same goes for the war/lucern hammer.
Last edited by LordMortiferus on Fri Jul 16, 2010 2:52 am, edited 2 times in total.
LordMortiferus
MACRO > me

Post by LordMortiferus »

Axes:
axes.png
I couldn't find a sprite with a cleaver.

Polearms:
polearms.png
Last edited by LordMortiferus on Fri Jul 16, 2010 2:56 am, edited 1 time in total.
LordMortiferus
MACRO > me

Post by LordMortiferus »

Long swords next:
longswords.png
Short swords and foils:
shortfoils.png
Roadmap:
1) extract unarmed avatar
2) synchronize animation of avatar with selected weapons from above
3) make the rest of the regular avatars unarmed with the correct animation
4) dual wielding sprites
Last edited by LordMortiferus on Fri Jul 16, 2010 3:40 am, edited 2 times in total.
LordMortiferus
MACRO > me

Post by LordMortiferus »

so here is my prototype unarmed avatar and an example of how he would look like with different gear:
An animated gif will follow when i get home, for now i am taking my dog to agility classes.
Rusty76
Posting from my ass computer.

Post by Rusty76 »

Good job on these avatars. I hope this gets implemented.
Keighn
Stop posting already --;

Post by Keighn »

Would it work with 32x32 though? Nice work you saved me some time for when I get back to drawing custom patchoworks. There's a ton of avatars that have been posted in the past with wepons and armours you don't have though. When I get on a drawing spree I'll post my ideas of categorizing pics. I'm just lazy at it right now.
LordMortiferus
MACRO > me

Post by LordMortiferus »

Thanks you two.
I am not quite sure what you mean regarding 32x32, Keighn. I made the sprites 32x32 but they can be easily scaled down to 16x16 again *hope*.
Would be nice if you could post other weapons from stuff that was posted on the forum.

Anyways here is the promised animation of the prototype:
Please leave a comment with you think the animation looks wrong. It looks better in game though, because of the random animation.

If I have time tomorrow, i will pick one sprite for each weapon type/shield and fit the animation to my prototype fighter. Dual wielding shouldn't be a problem, cause the animation of the left hand is reverse to the right. Means, that the sprites for the other hand just need to be flipped with a certain off-set on the x-axis.

Edit:
Last edited by LordMortiferus on Wed Jul 14, 2010 7:25 am, edited 2 times in total.
Ozimandias
Here for the lesbians.

Post by Ozimandias »

2nd one looks great. But the top is kinda awkward. Still, good job. And I love your forum avvy - tis cute.
Zzapp
Here for the lesbians.

Post by Zzapp »

Ava gear?
LordMortiferus
MACRO > me

Post by LordMortiferus »

Ozimandias wrote:2nd one looks great. But the top is kinda awkward. Still, good job. And I love your forum avvy - tis cute.
Thanks ozi, you are right. I changed it a little bit (see above), but I am thinking about to scrap the outward motion, which might be the reason for the awkward look (see above as well).

the forum avatar shows me (younger version) and my dog suffering under the summer heat.
Ozimandias
Here for the lesbians.

Post by Ozimandias »

It looks much better, but something just doesn't seem "animate" enough. Perhaps the head should bob in one frame?
Keighn
Stop posting already --;

Post by Keighn »

Sorry, I wasn't being clear. Currently you can overlay btiles20.32.png over btiles20.png or any of the other btiles from 20-26 i believe. This allows for 32x32 pixel art as you may have done like a lot of us for a different graphical play experience. The benefit to 32x32 is the black surrounding gfx that you put armound the main avatar can be made to look smaller so more of the back ground shows while not detracting from the avatar.

You can also, if you wish, add more detail to the avatar if you have the skill. I can barely handle 16x16 and what little 32x32 artwork I've doe is just minor edits. I'm just wondering if someone overlayed with a .32 the same effect would happen if/when egg decides to use this option of customization. I do know that the green troll axethrowers don't show unless you change your .32 gfx.
LordMortiferus
MACRO > me

Post by LordMortiferus »

I hope you guys will be happy to hear that I decided on an animation (none from above) and already started to fit everything in btiles23.png to it. I will post an animated gif when i get home - hope this will be better then my first attempts.

@Keighn: Great idea I have to try out. I had something like that in mind for items, so they could be placed on tables, without looking totally out of place. I guess what I am doing could be used for 32x32 sprites as well, either for 16x16 avatars in 32x32 frames or fully up scaled 32x32 avatars, as long the sprites for the weapons will be handled the same way. So far .32 files are totally up to your own imagination and effort.

Edit: Here are the first animated sprites - reminds me of the dancing merchant in Seiken Densetsu/Secret of Mana.
test.gif