Ideas Thread 2017 / 2018

"eventually EUO will get to the point its (sic) unplayable" - Dudle

Moderator: EUO Moderators

Re: Ideas Thread 2017 / 2018

Postby SanJorge » Sat Sep 01, 2018 10:54 pm

Some reward in hunting in Sagittarius garden , maybe a boss at a random place deep in there with a high arty drop chance.

Maybe Drachentrog too .

PS: It could be a gold dragon it uses VF, heal self,summon dragon , high def, high int or a copper dragon it uses VF , strong fast melee and high dex stat.
SanJorge
I used to bake rockcakes in my bakery.

Postby DrRude » Wed Sep 05, 2018 11:05 am

Update Character on Alpha -- Add an item to the shoppe where we can pay to have a character from Reg server used to update that same character on Alpha.

Billboard for Balrog -- Although anyone can start a card game at any time, some of us have been curious about the game and wanting to watch a card game in action. The idea behind Billboard (whether ingame or on the website) is to allow for players to announce a game so other players to watch or hang out to have next game.

EDIT 09/08/18: Forget I mentioned that first idea -- it had been a thousand years since I logged into the Armoury and looked at character profiles. X-D
DrRude
on lolpatrol

Postby SanJorge » Fri Oct 19, 2018 2:12 am

Azalynn wrote:Make bows for all classessss thatd be dope.

In that case Rogue would lose another skill, but if they could get a new one : Throwing weapons

3 types of throwing weapons :
-Needle (boost poison)
-Dart (boost accuracy wich makes it harder to dodge and higher crit. chance)
-Shuriken (boost damage)

2 specials :
- triple throw (3 at one target) 50% rage
- deadly aim ( you use triple dex, increases crit. chance) 100% rage
SanJorge

Postby Tink » Fri Oct 19, 2018 9:00 am

Throwing, and the dex discussion about running on the water makes me think of a ninja.
Would be a cool subclass honestly, make it have skill shots like Hydra form for druids. That could be neat actually, next gen class design!
Smoke bomb! Could be an AOE, like everything in the smoke bomb aoe that gets hit with skill shots can proc a poison AOE.
Tink

Postby Azalynn » Thu Oct 25, 2018 8:43 am

So we had a discussion before with adding up to attack +10 and +40 stats and i want to revisit the idea.

I think this isnt too much or overpowered really but maybe having them drop from a specific area. (and/or epic maps)

The idea comes from Oblivion and the arena there. The arena could be separated or different by difficulty and just waves of enemies come while you're in an arena. The idea is simple, kill the wave, you move on to wave 2. Every 5 stages a mini boss, hits hard, slightly overtuned, and if you win, your cache at the end of your run is upgraded. This could help players get gear at all skill levels and player levels. Once you get to wave like 50 or something, thats when its barely or nearly impossible due to the scaling of the mobs. The longer you survive, the better gear that comes out of it. It would be a way to have those really high items be put into the game!

For parties it could be the same system but the enemies scale harder so the mobs have 25% more health per party member and then the same scaling over time up to the near impossible mark.

I feel like this would be a great way to create some sort of strategy and teamwork to get the best gear in the game! I would love to have a real challenge towards the end to where even our level 1k pd characters struggle to make the cut.
Regular
Thrall

PD
Azalynn - Retired 1000
Thrall - Retired 1000
Windwalker
Azser
Az
Xentria [LotL]
Azalynn
Post in swahili or SHUT THE FUCK UP!

Postby Azalynn » Thu Oct 25, 2018 8:47 am

Also want to mention the idea of progress past level 1k on PD. I love my 1ks, i would play them all of the time if i felt like i was getting somewhere. They both have maxed out gear and level. This is where the idea of the paragon type levels come in but no more stat gain, but skill cap level increase! It could still top out at 100% more stat cap or something but i think it would be really cool to look into. Ive always wanted to be a fighter/necro/monk/priest. haha This system could also be used for characters that are 500+ on regular!

Thing about it is, the character as long as you have accepted the addy stone and didnt drop it,bank it, etc, cannot die. After you hit 1k your job really is to grind out max gear which should not take you long to throw together due to your last 999 levels of grinding and powerleveling others. There really is nothing else to go for other than a pat on the back and a participation ribbon and i think we could think of something to spice it up.

ideas?
Regular
Thrall

PD
Azalynn - Retired 1000
Thrall - Retired 1000
Windwalker
Azser
Az
Xentria [LotL]
Azalynn

Postby Keighn » Fri Oct 26, 2018 12:13 pm

Well I had mentioned a type of mega remort system but it never caught on. As to stats gain.. keep it you earned that paragon coin. If you raise of to unlimited then the same goes for reg. Seems NG gets the shaft though.

And egg could always have you pay for the option only if you reach that lvl 500 or 1k.

My party mechanic I suggested was created in such a way you couldn’t powerlevel newbs or various tiers. Everyone had to be close in their tier.

I don’t recall where that post is atm.
Keighn
Stop posting already --;

Postby SanJorge » Sat Oct 27, 2018 7:46 pm

I want to suggest steel and mithril weapons for improvement of weapon-smith and cleave.

steel tint = increases bleeding timer by 1, at least 50% weapons-smith needed for user to take effect.
mithril tint = steel tint + 20% damage for dwarfs

steel and mithrilweapons can only be made (no drops).
mithrilweapons can only made by dwarfs.

AT 100% you can make artifacts steelhalberd / steellabrys = 15 str + 6AS/Dmg , steelfalchion / steeltomerhawk = 10str + 5dex + 6AS/Dmg.
(dwarfes can do mithril versions)

PS : I forgot shortsword , thanks to slice&dice wich cause bleed steel could work there too.
Last edited by SanJorge on Sat Oct 27, 2018 10:14 pm, edited 1 time in total.
SanJorge

Postby Heikki » Sat Oct 27, 2018 10:05 pm

Just fast review after playing EUO after some time:
1) Sigil drops are too low. Like vig +3 from dragon boss will need some boost :)
2) Why there is no bone tint wand. Seems like some players really wants it. I cannot see it is game breaking?
3) Beholder is way too :cheese: Just sit there and wait for (guarantee) max loot spawn few minutes. Make boss spawn every few hours?
4) Time to boost drops? I think this will bring back old players and even more important make new players feel that they can reach max stuff! This will be very healthy for EUO playerbase? (PS: Even sigil update that gave +27! AS boos to players did not broke game)
5) New treasure map levels?
6) Rise lvl cap on reg. (I think this will bring back / activate older players)
7) Barbed and addled should have own tint colour?
8) Multi-use skill scroll "Enchantede skill scroll" that is not consumed on use. Cost more but I bet players will totally buy this one.
9) Last but not least: Make EUO shine where EUO is best! Make it even more not less grindy!

I see those points are only win-win for all. Nobody loses.. only winners?

bonus idea) Make diamond coin as super rare 1/100? 1/1000? drop on daily quests :)
Reg Heikki, Pyttipannu, Nappo
PD Soturi R.I.P , Taikuri, Rosvo

Joke of day:
A skeleton walks into a bar - orders a beer and a mop
Heikki
Tune in next time & see how they do it.

Postby Azalynn » Sun Oct 28, 2018 8:09 am

Heikki wrote:Just fast review after playing EUO after some time:
1) Sigil drops are too low. Like vig +3 from dragon boss will need some boost :)
2) Why there is no bone tint wand. Seems like some players really wants it. I cannot see it is game breaking?
3) Beholder is way too :cheese: Just sit there and wait for (guarantee) max loot spawn few minutes. Make boss spawn every few hours?
4) Time to boost drops? I think this will bring back old players and even more important make new players feel that they can reach max stuff! This will be very healthy for EUO playerbase? (PS: Even sigil update that gave +27! AS boos to players did not broke game)
5) New treasure map levels?
6) Rise lvl cap on reg. (I think this will bring back / activate older players)
7) Barbed and addled should have own tint colour?
8) Multi-use skill scroll "Enchantede skill scroll" that is not consumed on use. Cost more but I bet players will totally buy this one.
9) Last but not least: Make EUO shine where EUO is best! Make it even more not less grindy!

I see those points are only win-win for all. Nobody loses.. only winners?

bonus idea) Make diamond coin as super rare 1/100? 1/1000? drop on daily quests :)

All of this is gold.

I would only change one thing and the diamond coin drop from dailies, we can keep that and thats fine but also make them a world drop thats like 2x more rare then a res stone or tinted artifact. VERY rare but attainable.
Regular
Thrall

PD
Azalynn - Retired 1000
Thrall - Retired 1000
Windwalker
Azser
Az
Xentria [LotL]
Azalynn

Postby eggmceye » Sun Oct 28, 2018 10:07 am

yes it is a post
eggmceye
hello

Postby Keighn » Sun Oct 28, 2018 12:20 pm

A special shop to buy the event drops for addy or diamond coins. They just need a prefix to indicate they were bought via a shop and not a present from the event. Collectors will want both and those that never had a Xmas cheese or tree or whatever will have one. And make them account soulbound so NO TRADING to others.
Photobucket Suckz Monkey Nutz
Keighn
Stop posting already --;

Postby Mackey » Thu Nov 01, 2018 11:55 pm

Allow the crafting of Tint Wands with tinted mythic material, possibly through the use of a blueprint bought with crystal coins like fel/bal/dun upgrade wands
Mackey
Posting from my ass computer.

Postby Eclips » Fri Nov 02, 2018 4:36 am

Idea to make Sorcery a more useful dual class skill- Skill in Sorcery will double enchants cast chance at 100 sorcery and proportionately down.
Eclips
egg has really fucked this game up :(

Postby SanJorge » Sat Nov 03, 2018 9:06 pm

Give spells 25% casting fail if its melee range and not a melee spell like AEP or VAM , that for monsters and players. (ranged has already this)

Monster casters with weak melee should try to keep distance (dragons already prefer melee), as for player casters : reduced cooloff time for melee spells and cheaper VF (less mana cost cause dodgable) .

This will boost def and dodge and reduce importance of MR a bit and casters might use other spell combos.(and give chance to different monster formations)

PS: yes, increase lvl cap on reg to 832 plz, i want to have fun in a REG vs PD tourney
SanJorge

Postby Eclips » Sat Nov 03, 2018 9:47 pm

Now that we have dual classing, a second spell/ability bar would be nice. I know there aren't enough shortcuts, but the second bar can be mouse only, for quicker access to spell that are not combat related (buffs, utility)
Eclips
egg has really fucked this game up :(

Postby Keighn » Sun Nov 04, 2018 8:57 am

Euotopia MMOM (massively multiplayer on Mobile).

X-D :D :psychotic:

Keighn
Stop posting already --;

Postby SanJorge » Mon Nov 05, 2018 12:08 am

How about hunting 9 magic pearls , 3 in Sagittarius , 3 in Matriarch's Domain and 3 in Nizweideux in random locations of the maps.
Each pearl has a number , owner of the pearl has always PvP on , the pearl can be traded or obtained if the owner got killed (killed by monster will put it back to dungeon) the pearl cant be stored.
If you have all 9 pearls you can make a necklace from them and go to monastery and trade it for 2 diamond coins , the 9 pearls will reappear in the dungeons again.
If a owner doesn't have 15min playtime in a week the pearl will leave him (or pearls) and go to on of the dungeons.

I think this will give some extra action into the game and a hard way to obtain diamond coins.
Last edited by SanJorge on Mon Nov 05, 2018 8:41 am, edited 1 time in total.
SanJorge

Postby Keighn » Mon Nov 05, 2018 4:01 am

What’s the background story of these pearls and why hidden? Who hid them? Why does the monestary want them?

How often can this be farmed?
Will it lessen rewards for tournaments (not that many seem to be going on).

I guess 3 dungeons is easier than 9 dungeons. Though, I think there just might be 9 in Maeondir.
Farimond Dungeon
Sylvengard Tower
Matriarchs domain
Nizweideux
Sagittarius
Black Mountain
Lost Jungle
Stank Swamp
Whatever that Dungeon on the east coast is called that leads to shadow master.
Keighn
Stop posting already --;

Postby EmoMage » Mon Nov 05, 2018 3:12 pm

might be a repost, but too lazy to try to find.

Golems (if it's still a thing) - add dual wielding 2h weapons. they're supposed to be strong as shit, right?

Armoury - show sigils when looking at player (with picture, not just words)
eggmceye wrote:
ParadoxOfChoice wrote:Zombie using bow/sling probably shouldn't give disease.

the zombies are pulling the arrows out of their ass
EmoMage
Girls only want boyfriends who have great skills.

Previous

Return to EUO Development