Ideas Thread 2017 / 2018

"eventually EUO will get to the point its (sic) unplayable" - Dudle

Moderator: EUO Moderators

Re: Ideas Thread 2017 / 2018

Postby Keighn » Mon Jun 18, 2018 2:15 am

Oh! A wishing well a player can buy. It doubles length of current time on your spells, food whatever.
Has its own 24 game hour timer so you can’t abuse it to keep your spell maintenance up.

You use it by dropping gold on top of it... any amount.

The owner can b (buy) or open well to get the coins.

Has to be someone else or the games npcs wishing well. As owner just ends up depositing his own.

Maybe something similar for wishing fountains. (Or you get a random effect similar to items but temporary on a counter (1x a day only)
+1-3 As
+1-3 def
+1-3 nv
+5, +10, +15 vig, int, str, dex,
Etc.

Options of odd effects could be similar to polymorph wand.

Yeah, I know I’m kind of into heroes of mm mode. I was going to suggest stone portals to towns as well but we have boats. I suppose you could involve new quests to activate the nodes.

Also need to add more ports for boats. And you need a few towns that can only be reached by such archaic methods.
Keighn
Stop posting already --;

Postby Keighn » Mon Jun 18, 2018 2:18 am

Permanancy spell so summons don’t just disappear.... they have to die.

Dismiss spell to release summons.

Do monsters still level up when they kill stuff?
Do summons?
Photobucket Suckz Monkey Nutz
Keighn
Stop posting already --;

Postby Onyxt » Wed Jun 20, 2018 11:49 am

Reposting an idea from earlier this year because of the new artifacts.

Add heroic and epic versions of defend the keep. Heroic gives 3 crystal coins and Epic gives a random enchanted weapon (able to be done once per account daily).

Add in a random artifact merchant to the crystal coin shop. Buyable once per week per account for 30 crystal coins.
Onyxt
Posting from my ass computer.

Postby Keighn » Fri Jun 22, 2018 2:27 am

Defend the keep? I’ll have to look at that post.

BTW, did the map where you defend that old mage from the hordes of undead get reimplemented in on each server? I recall that being a fun map but I don’t recall a reward.

What about that old game from EFBTC where you save the cows from falling in lava. These are classics and shouldn’t be forgotten imho.

Speaking of EFBTC, any plans to bridge EFTV to euo or a scenario of EFTBC to a section of Apoc Sosaria. I’d have to be an upper tier quest line where you are trapped at the bottom with only one means of egress (escaping).

I recall there was something mentioned about journeys to the moon as well.
Keighn
Stop posting already --;

Postby Onyxt » Fri Jun 22, 2018 4:31 am

Keighn wrote:Defend the keep? I’ll have to look at that post.

BTW, did the map where you defend that old mage from the hordes of undead get reimplemented in on each server? I recall that being a fun map but I don’t recall a reward.

Thats the defend the keep I'm talking about. Skullthropes keep.
Onyxt

Postby Keighn » Fri Jun 22, 2018 8:06 am

I haven’t played that in ages.
Keighn
Stop posting already --;

Postby MoonGoat » Fri Jun 22, 2018 2:03 pm

Dual wielding should alternate the weapon attacks to make it feel faster. Double attack speed but only one weapon hits each time.
"When life gives you lemons, don't make lemonade. Make life take the lemons back! Get mad! I don't want your damn lemons, what am I supposed to do with these? Demand to see life's manager! Make life rue the day it thought it could give Cave Johnson lemons! Do you know who I am? I'm the man who's gonna burn your house down! With the lemons! I'm gonna get my engineers to invent a combustible lemon that burns your house down!"
―Cave Johnson
MoonGoat
Good morning, Captain.

Postby Onyxt » Sat Jun 30, 2018 11:16 am

Cash shoppe items. Codex of a Shadowy Dimension and Codes of a Bloody Dimension. Useable in dungeons to open an instance portal to a shadow or blood version of that map.
Onyxt

Postby Roopert » Mon Jul 09, 2018 5:05 am

eggmceye wrote:nominate 3 things (that I agree with) that would help mages late game and I'll add them, and whiny mages can go back under their rock for another 10 years. also read this thread viewtopic.php?f=12&t=5356 - it has excellent class analysis

I haven't seen many real ideas posted for them that would actually help mages exclusively. any idea that helps all classes (eg hp gain, bone items, more players!) does not help mages (in the event there is even more content added).

faster casting will not help mages later on: doesn't fix squishiness and also makes them even faster clear early.

the closest I've seen to viable nuggets of ideas
* reduce heroic+ mr
* improve mr cleave
* a spell or two that scales better
* increase mage hp somehow (w/o the 50 levels thingy)

ps: gut feeling is rogues need more attention than mages

Im thinking that a better scaling spell that is an AoE like Hail of Bones would be awesome. Increasing the mage HP would be extremely helpful, although even with the bone item buffs my mage is lacking. I was wondering if an improved casting speed would help out as well.

My level 86 fighter can handle things that Sam at level 230+ has trouble with. And thats with every trick I can think of, not just VoG/XC spam.
Roopert
LAUGHING OUT LOUD LIKE A MORON

Postby Keighn » Mon Jul 09, 2018 12:04 pm

Did we ever get manashield? (I can’t recall)

Anti-magic shell where opposing magic is reduced to cancelled out (long cool down though)

Reflect spell on any damage. Be it 1/3, 1/2, 3/4 or full damage reflected. (You still take your resisted damage but the reflected is what the mob shot at you. Mamma balron shoot an bolt at you for 1k then one of the fractions mentioned gets shot back at it. If your mr almost negates the damage well that’s great and maybe mama will realize she shouldn’t be so bitchy blasting all the time.

Summons that have to be dismissed that level up. Simply create a dismiss 1 and dismiss all spell.

Summons that keep aggression NO MATTER WHAT! (Well, until they die)

Stronger summons when cast by huger epic int.

Chain casting or spell-combining. Mages research to cast and utilize magic better than anyone. Magic is their blood. They will experiment to create new Magic’s if they can. Would it be surprising to see a top tier mage create a cog where every target hit exploded like the priest flame strike. How many spells chained together and at what levels???

Should you dual class tone such an epic mage? Or stay pure?

Magic familiars that amplify your casting, life, resistances, and treasure finds.

Dark/light rituals.
Pacts with unknown beings that amplify the mage in some way.

I dunno what fast cast get is (elaborate?). (No cooldoens?)

Mages in many games become the multi-mob mega artillery that may or may not have mega magical defense.
Keighn
Stop posting already --;

Postby Comet » Mon Jul 09, 2018 6:18 pm

I like playing a hit and run style, and I came up with this really nice technique that I use on my Rogue Mage all the time. Believe it or not it uses summon dragon and summon spider. Basically, I invis/stealth next to my summon and let it get within range. Since mob attacks have a cooldown time, once the mob targets my summoned bait, it gives me a short window of opportunity where I can attack and then run away/hide before it can cast again. Great for luring, and makes killing mobs that could otherwise one shot me a piece of cake, as long as they don't have AOEs.

The above isn't 100% applicable to pure mages, since they can't backstab, but I was thinking mages could mitigate their low HP by having summons tank for them, like mirror images does for monks. Maybe a summon that casts battle roar and has as much HP as mage's int. Have it so that while the summon is tanking, if both it and the mage are hit by an AOE, only the summon is affected. Can justify by saying the summon is a spirit animal or projection of something, so they aren't separate entities. Probably won't be as effective as a mana shield, but I thought it was interesting.

On the offensive side, a reliable way to do DoT would be great against single mobs with tons of hp. Giving mages MR cleave as a spell would help incredibly, especially if IJO is fixed for heroic mobs (it's stuck doing low damage regardless of target mana). That means mages could finally take out heroic balrons, instead of slowly XCing them to death. Similar to the magic chaining idea, I was thinking about magic special attacks, where you can charge spells for more power.
Comet

Postby Onyxt » Sun Jul 22, 2018 3:21 am

Let us buy diamond coins with crystal coins. 30:1 ratio. It'd give newer players a means to get some tint wands or the house items.
Onyxt

Postby Keighn » Sun Jul 22, 2018 3:48 am

There are house items that cost Diamond Coins?
Keighn
Stop posting already --;

Postby Tink » Sun Jul 22, 2018 6:32 am

Keighn wrote:There are house items that cost Diamond Coins?

:uhh:
Tink
I used to bake rockcakes in my bakery.

Postby LaughingCoyote » Sun Jul 22, 2018 4:45 pm

Keighn wrote: Necromancers Mages in many games become the multi-mob mega artillery that may or may don't have mega magical defense.

FTFY.
Hecate wrote: I feel even more evil than ever, milking cows before killing them.

eggmceye wrote:pretty cool having vigour put in the manual after 14 years X-D
LaughingCoyote
My monkey's still learning the basics of e-mail.

Postby EmoMage » Mon Jul 23, 2018 10:40 am

show images of sigils on armoury.
eggmceye wrote:
ParadoxOfChoice wrote:Zombie using bow/sling probably shouldn't give disease.

the zombies are pulling the arrows out of their ass
EmoMage
Girls only want boyfriends who have great skills.

Postby SanJorge » Thu Aug 23, 2018 4:02 am

I opened 87 lvl 15 maps and a few lvl 13,14 map and i got only 4 WoT, like 12 +9s , no enchants , no artifact.
So Idea to improve cartography , lvl 15 map may contain lvl 16 map and lvl 16 map is heroic and has chest guard wich is a shadow monster,
Arty rate of lvl 16 map should be very high.
SanJorge
I once posted in TFIOOC!

Postby Roopert » Wed Aug 29, 2018 5:46 am

All I want is a vamp one of these:
http://ultima.wikia.com/wiki/Magic_Axe

:P

If this was introduced I may have to stop making alts. No promises though.
Roopert

Postby Keighn » Wed Aug 29, 2018 10:46 pm

Roop, if you’re like me.......nah!!! You wouldn’t stop.
Photobucket Suckz Monkey Nutz
Keighn
Stop posting already --;

Postby Roopert » Thu Aug 30, 2018 9:19 am

Keighn wrote:Roop, if you’re like me.......nah!!! You wouldn’t stop.

Who am I kidding, I made two more alts this week
Roopert

PreviousNext

Return to EUO Development