Escape from the Vault BUGS!

And other EUO offshoot projects!
Keighn
Stop posting already --;

Escape from the Vault BUGS!

Post by Keighn »

I thought I'd put up a thread on just bugs.

EFTV BUGS
by Keighn » Fri Sep 18, 2015 7:53 pm
Seems every mob I encounter now drops a stack of katanas. I have no idea why. I'd expect no drop but huge piles of katanas? Pen and teller must be practicing on everything here.

Now, I know I've altered my one version a tad so maybe it's my fault. Wild dogs also get confused when melee struck with any weapon.

Alright, I just tried an old version of rivers end, ancient tunnels, city, hellish passages, hells keep, ?? Fortress. The maps and features and mobs DO NOT!! Transfer correctly.

You end up with glowing question mark phase beasts and chaos terrain. I had to edit several times just to walk navigate and the maps look horrible.

I might put it up on a 4shared link if anyone wants to mess around.

A plus note: continent and underworld transfer ok for the most part with little in the need of tile editing.

I do so believe I need to read a comprehensive tutorial on adding tiles to the tile set, mobs, and maybe find out how to input quests, stores, banks, more weapon, armour, equipment, classes, races, and other features.

Naturally, I'm more of an in menu development tool than pure programming. A mix of both is fine but novices will struggle.

One day I expect one of us will create an euo wasteland.
ZUPS!!!!
Keighn
Stop posting already --;

Re: Escape from the Vault BUGS!

Post by Keighn »

Here's my version of of eftv I probably messed up on by editing some simple stuff. ITs in a 7zip on 4shared. Make any account on 4shared (you don't even really need an true email... just make it up) then download and unzip and see what i mean by me messing up.

http://www.4shared.com/archive/O5oTRH2d ... omthe.html
ZUPS!!!!
Eidolon
I should probably get out more.

Post by Eidolon »

So I'll put a couple things in here. A couple have been noted so far, but maybe we can build off of it.

First of all, this game is fun as hell. Maybe push a level 30 cap in the near future? :P

Bugs
1. Multiple casting when you cast a spell with the ctrl shift and alt combination. I think it happens using fkeys as well, just more easily noticeable with the other combo keys
2. I have a lightweight taser +4 - is that supposed to confuse enemies, it is I'm fairly certain
3. Res sickness? Meditating at shrines?
4. No cooloff for spells? It's fun this way, especially for testing stuff, just making sure
5. The dog in online doesn't become your pet and can't be fed, simply a blue NPC. Unless I'm mistaken
6. Suggestion: beds act as shrines for res sickness, but are about half as many as there are now?
7. Are there supposed to be locks along with the traps on computer terminals? Key cards would make sense. Makes me think of fallout, turning on the computer and hacking it to get quest info or something
8. I don't think aliens should have passive mana regen if they have auto-leech capabilities. At level 20 I can just wander and use magic without needing to do anything about mana. If engineers have caps with grenade stock to be able to perform their "spell", I think it makes sense to put one on the televangelist as well
9. Lastly, the turning on and off of the lights is awesome. You're supposed to be able to walk over them when they're off?
Keighn
Stop posting already --;

Post by Keighn »

The double tapping of spells makes me wonder if its similar to when I use charge attack in the n, s, e, w directions via key pad or numpad. Most of the time it triggers but does nothing. Using function key and direction I have no problem. Diagonals work fine.

A non euo question: how the hell do I turn off the keys that change the direction position display on the laptop.

I hit control alt and any direction and it shifts the whole damn thing to right or left or upside down. I have to immediately hit ctrl alt up to get to normal. I recall finding the setting in win7 but this win 8 is annoying.
eggmceye
hello

Post by eggmceye »

I'm probably just going to delete this thread after noting down a couple of things ... I'm not in the mood for supporting eftvo yet.
Eidolon

Post by Eidolon »

Yeah I can imagine. Keep it fun, which it is, so great success. I've been having fun playing around with the different updates since I haven't been on, which is definitely what I'm going for after ridiculously long work days. Looks like things have been moving right along, thats always nice to see.
eggmceye
hello

Post by eggmceye »

thanks for posting tho and welcome back
Eidolon

Post by Eidolon »