Make NG Great Again

Permanent Death and No Grind specific discussion goes here.

Moderator: EUO Moderators

Shino
buying vamp LS of any kind +5

Re: Make NG Great Again

Post by Shino »

Keighn wrote:/trimskill to 0 while afk spamming. I’ve done similar in day of old for other skills. Sure you can’t go for a walk or watch a movie without some monitoring.

Makes me wonder on any server if people didn’t just play and cast as they went rather than “train?”
Just limit skill to 29 and keep spamming.. somehow i feel like it should actually drop int for being dumb and honing one spell for weeks (in game time) and still not master it :D
1[WoWz]
MACRO > me

Post by 1[WoWz] »

I thought limiting magery to 29 to spam IL or piety to 29 to spam Mani to train int was common knowledge. Well if you don't know, now you know.
IGN: 1
Tink
Post in swahili or SHUT THE FUCK UP!

Post by Tink »

His point is.. its not very fun.
You should be able to level your stats while playing the game, not afk spamming.
1[WoWz]
MACRO > me

Post by 1[WoWz] »

Tink wrote:His point is.. its not very fun.
You should be able to level your stats while playing the game, not afk spamming.
Ah I misread that. Sure that makes sense. Hunting with spells not at 100% doesn't sound like a good time.
EmoMage
Girls only want boyfriends who have great skills.

Post by EmoMage »

Tink wrote:His point is.. its not very fun.

100%
eggmceye wrote:
ParadoxOfChoice wrote: Zombie using bow/sling probably shouldn't give disease.

the zombies are pulling the arrows out of their ass
eggmceye
hello

Post by eggmceye »

the funnest way to train int (and probably broken) is just to let tactics bump - this is on my low effort axe/macefigher
minax.PNG
if you feel obliged to afk spam you are playing ng wrong
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Onyxt

Post by Onyxt »

eggmceye wrote:the funnest way to train int (and probably broken) is just to let tactics bump - this is on my low effort axe/macefigher
minax.PNG
So the problem they have with it is at 100 sorcery, if you were to use VOG you get no int gains. Same goes for magery or necromancy. If spells continued to boost int after you max out the cast rate, then some people wouldnt feel the need to afk spam spells.
1[WoWz]
MACRO > me

Post by 1[WoWz] »

Onyxt wrote:
eggmceye wrote:the funnest way to train int (and probably broken) is just to let tactics bump - this is on my low effort axe/macefigher
minax.PNG
So the problem they have with it is at 100 sorcery, if you were to use VOG you get no int gains. Same goes for magery or necromancy. If spells continued to boost int after you max out the cast rate, then some people wouldnt feel the need to afk spam spells.
Seph pretty much nailed it. Also the problem is, most lower level spells aren't very good for hunting. Necro could use a VAM clone since they don't have anything until Death Missle.
eggmceye
hello

Post by eggmceye »

it's an easy enough change to bump the stat if the skill is maxed out, can't see why not

edit: i made the change and tested it, and now you can spam IL till you get 10k int, and well, it kinda stinks
edit2: changed it so only 100% skill bumps your stat (so 100 sorc+vog bumps int) - maybe this way to go? - but can still spam IL at 100 magery to get the bump
EmoMage

Post by EmoMage »

eggmceye wrote:it's an easy enough change to bump the stat if the skill is maxed out, can't see why not

edit: i made the change and tested it, and now you can spam IL till you get 10k int, and well, it kinda stinks
edit2: changed it so only 100% skill bumps your stat (so 100 sorc+vog bumps int) - maybe this way to go? - but can still spam IL at 100 magery to get the bump
WHEN WILL THIS BE LIVE?!
eggmceye wrote:

eggmceye
hello

Post by eggmceye »

is it just magic/int bumps that are the problem?
unsure if what I have done is the best solution
Keighn
Stop posting already --;

Post by Keighn »

1[WoWz] wrote:I thought limiting magery to 29 to spam IL or piety to 29 to spam Mani to train int was common knowledge. Well if you don't know, now you know.
I either forgot or didn’t know. Eh....
ZUPS!!!!
EmoMage

Post by EmoMage »

eggmceye wrote:is it just magic/int bumps that are the problem?
unsure if what I have done is the best solution
i think so? because stealth trains dex, ss's, foils, ect. all train dex before 100% and after 100%. same with fighter skills. but mages/necros/priests can only gain int (at the moment) on spells that are NOT at 99% already EXCEPT for XC/IFH, VYR/KVX/KXC which are the 100% max spells for magery/sorc. those are the only spells that bump int once you've GM'd the skill. therefore (seemingly) it seems like you HAVE to afk to get any int to fight. I just think ANY spell at ANY % should bump intel. i think it would be easier, and we can go out fighting at GM skills and no matter what we cast it'll always continue to bump int. not JUST the level 8 spells.
eggmceye wrote:

eggmceye
hello

Post by eggmceye »

well I changed how stats bump on ng. should be better for anyone casting spells while doing stuff and bad for afkers :uhh:
Rumper
Post in swahili or SHUT THE FUCK UP!

Post by Rumper »

My suggestion is to make spells bump less and less the more often you use it repeatedly.
For example
A spell bumps 100 int when cast for the first time, then each cast afterwards only gives 90% int.
So it will be something similar to
First cast 100
Second cast 100 x 0.90 = 90
Third cast 90 x 0.90 = 81
Fourth cast 81 x 0.90 = 72,9
Etc etc
Now when you cast a different spell this repeated cast count would be reset and you get gull int again.
This discourages afk spamming and even encourages using different spells in combat instead of vogspamming everything. If people don't like that. Then make it so spells that require a target always get full int bumb.