Weekly PD is what NG should had always been

Permanent Death and No Grind specific discussion goes here.

Moderator: EUO Moderators

Azalynn
Good morning, Captain.

Weekly PD is what NG should had always been

Post by Azalynn »

Recently I started playing weekly and I can say that I wish there was a permanent server (doesnt reset) that is this exact style of the game. The idea is brilliant. I love every single aspect of weekly except that it isn't permanent. I know i'm not the only one who thinks that as well. The whole idea of a permanent death server with stat limitations that make you think about how to build the most effective character is exactly what an old player needs to get back into it. Even if it stays weekly forever and never takes over current NG, its brilliant.
Regular
Thrall

PD
Thrall
Azalynn
Zyth
Tyrande
Azmodan
Elias
Az
Ass - LOTL
Zyth - LOTL
1[WoWz]
MACRO > me

Re: Weekly PD is what NG should had always been

Post by 1[WoWz] »

NG is actually pretty good at the moment, I'm surprised it isn't more popular. I have several characters on there that are capped out stat and/or skill wise.

I don't think weekly PD needs to replace NG, but it would be nice if the weekly pd town/dungeon was added to NG and/or weekly PD winners transferred over to NG after the week was up.

You should try out NG as it is now. I'm perfectly able to hunt heroic dragons on a couple of my characters on there so that shows an optimal character is possible.
IGN: 1
EmoMage
Girls only want boyfriends who have great skills.

Post by EmoMage »

I love the idea of the winner being moved to NG. The only one thing I see wrong is the fact that PD is 3x stats and NG is 2x. So you wouldn't be quite as strong as you were on PD...but I think that's the perfect prize.
eggmceye wrote:
ParadoxOfChoice wrote: Zombie using bow/sling probably shouldn't give disease.

the zombies are pulling the arrows out of their ass
1[WoWz]
MACRO > me

Post by 1[WoWz] »

EmoMage wrote:I love the idea of the winner being moved to NG. The only one thing I see wrong is the fact that PD is 3x stats and NG is 2x. So you wouldn't be quite as strong as you were on PD...but I think that's the perfect prize.
I actually don't like the idea of one weekly PD winner each week but I think everyone that beats it should get whatever prize. There is always going to be someone that is faster/has more time to play. The idea of several characters beating the weekly PD and getting transferred sounds pretty good to me.
Azalynn
Good morning, Captain.

Post by Azalynn »

1[WoWz] wrote:
EmoMage wrote:I love the idea of the winner being moved to NG. The only one thing I see wrong is the fact that PD is 3x stats and NG is 2x. So you wouldn't be quite as strong as you were on PD...but I think that's the perfect prize.
I actually don't like the idea of one weekly PD winner each week but I think everyone that beats it should get whatever prize. There is always going to be someone that is faster/has more time to play. The idea of several characters beating the weekly PD and getting transferred sounds pretty good to me.
Completing Weekly seems pretty damn difficult, you really have to pay attention to what you're doing and pulling at once (from a monks perspective not sure about any other class) i think this is a great idea.
Regular
Thrall

PD
Thrall
Azalynn
Zyth
Tyrande
Azmodan
Elias
Az
Ass - LOTL
Zyth - LOTL
Keighn
Stop posting already --;

Post by Keighn »

Prize needs to be worked out. I know some might think a flat out NG character transfer but what about all the gear you find. Weekly WILL spoil you for artifacts in a hurry and wands and objects. I'm still not sure if the scoreboard records how fast you completed the quest.
1[WoWz]
MACRO > me

Post by 1[WoWz] »

Keighn wrote:Prize needs to be worked out. I know some might think a flat out NG character transfer but what about all the gear you find. Weekly WILL spoil you for artifacts in a hurry and wands and objects. I'm still not sure if the scoreboard records how fast you completed the quest.
A character transfer to NG seems like it wouldn't be too OP as long as it was just what the character is wearing is transferred. NG is lacking a lot of the high end equipment that regular and even PD has floating around. A steady influx of good gear to NG might breath some life into it. Also the lower stat cap of NG (compared to reg and PD) makes for weaker characters that have to make up for it in gear (which is lacking).
Keighn
Stop posting already --;

Post by Keighn »

Sounds fine to me esp since Weekly is NG based. Just have to make sure you don't have an alt on NG already by your weekly name.
Keighn
Stop posting already --;

Post by Keighn »

Wait, there is one reward I'd take over any of that. 1 diamond Coin to choose from 1 wand in the wander shop for tinting items.(esp if the tint wands were on any server). Yeah. I'd take that over any alt being transferred in a heartbeat.
1[WoWz]
MACRO > me

Post by 1[WoWz] »

Keighn wrote:Wait, there is one reward I'd take over any of that. 1 diamond Coin to choose from 1 wand in the wander shop for tinting items.(esp if the tint wands were on any server). Yeah. I'd take that over any alt being transferred in a heartbeat.
That sounds way too strong though. The annual pvp competition that gave everyone 1 diamond coin didn't create a crazy influx of the highest level gear on PD/NG/Reg. If a diamond coin(s) were given out once a week we'd see tons of silk ironfist caps, crystal sentri shields, vampyric rondels ijo, adamantium machete 9s, etc in no time.
EmoMage
Girls only want boyfriends who have great skills.

Post by EmoMage »

i have adam machete +9 and adam ron +9, hit me up.
eggmceye wrote:
ParadoxOfChoice wrote: Zombie using bow/sling probably shouldn't give disease.

the zombies are pulling the arrows out of their ass
Keighn
Stop posting already --;

Post by Keighn »

Well, then maybe a crystal coin. That's good enough for me.
Tink
Post in swahili or SHUT THE FUCK UP!

Post by Tink »

I haz crystal sentri :O