NG build ideas! Now with more skills!

Permanent Death and No Grind specific discussion goes here.

Moderator: EUO Moderators

eggmceye
hello

Re: NG build ideas! Now with more stats!

Post by eggmceye »

I just solo'd a balron with my newish dwarf with
* vamp axe of leeching (haven't even got the proper special)
* An ex por
* seize
* (sanct lor for a break)

rather satisfying
1[WoWz]
MACRO > me

Post by 1[WoWz] »

eggmceye wrote:I just solo'd a balron with my newish dwarf with
* An ex por
* seize

rather satisfying
Nice work! Newish characters on NG can do amazing things, it's the end game characters that are weaker than Reg and PD; perhaps that's the trade off.
IGN: 1
Keighn
Stop posting already --;

Post by Keighn »

Probably my favorite NG build thus far

Destroyer
ZUPS!!!!
eggmceye
hello

Post by eggmceye »

1[WoWz] wrote:
eggmceye wrote:I just solo'd a balron with my newish dwarf with
* An ex por
* seize

rather satisfying
Nice work! Newish characters on NG can do amazing things, it's the end game characters that are weaker than Reg and PD; perhaps that's the trade off.
that's a key point to consider if I move NG chars onto reg ...
1[WoWz]
MACRO > me

Post by 1[WoWz] »

More people have been playing NG now, that's great. I have updated my first post with character ideas with the 350 and 425 class skill caps!
Keighn
Stop posting already --;

Post by Keighn »

Holy crap!!! (Meant in a totally astounded amazed way)

Soooo..... NG eftv option soon?
1[WoWz]
MACRO > me

Post by 1[WoWz] »

Keighn wrote:Holy crap!!! (Meant in a totally astounded amazed way)

Soooo..... NG eftv option soon?
EftV is already pretty multiclass friendly, I mean, everyone can used melee and ranged. It just depends on if you want a special attack, crafting, or magic.
1[WoWz]
MACRO > me

Post by 1[WoWz] »

Came up with a fun fighter build.

Final build - Half troll, 100 maces/blessed maces, 90 longswords, 70 sanctity, 50 necromancer, 30 piety, 10 tactics

-Get your divinity to 90 and make all of the 1-handed blessed maces you would ever want with divine hammer (barbed mace, oak club, addy flail, etc)

-You should be able to use cursed scrolls of uncurse to make them regular maces if you want to use maces instead of blessed maces for tank stance.

-Now you have every 1 handed mace in every tint up to +6 (you can even disenchant them to +5 and put VF if you want).

-90 longswords is so you can use flurry with your maces which most people prefer over thunderclap.

-70 sanctity for seize and yeti, 50 necromancer for more hp and soul transfer.

Weapon material suggestions
adamantium
barbed
blackrock/ebony
copper/oak
diamond
runed
vampyric

Suggested weapon combos (main hand - off hand)
oak club VF - oak club VF
adamantium - any
barbed - any
diamond - any
any - runed
vampyric - any

This works well with other weapons as well - shortswords (don't even need half troll), foils, staves, etc

PVP build based off the one above.

Half-Troll
100 foils
100 tactics (100 traps to make this a pvm build)
70 sanctity
50 necromancer
30 piety
Last edited by 1[WoWz] on Tue Sep 29, 2015 8:08 am, edited 1 time in total.
1[WoWz]
MACRO > me

Post by 1[WoWz] »

Musket build

Half-Orc (rage gain will come in handy)
100 ranged
100 divinity
70 sanctity
50 necromancy
30 piety
1[WoWz]
MACRO > me

Post by 1[WoWz] »

I wanted to come up with a simple fighter build that would make it easy for anyone to sign on to No Grind and play without leveling up any spells/grind skills.

-Pick a race you like for fighters (all are decent fighters), start out as priest and finish newbie island.

-Buy a mining pick, smelting tongs, and smith's hammer at Nordhaven.

-Mine ore, smelt it into ingots, and use the smith's hammer on an anvil to make a fighter weapon (could even make a copper weapon).

-Buy the divinity spell AMT/power word pain from Izumi so you can use it to do single target bleed damage.

-Go dungeon bashing and/or questing as normal.

-Once you get to 90 in your fighter weapon, feel free to switch to a different fighter weapon so you can use 2 specials eventually.

-If you started with a longsword, I recommend switching to mace. If you started with an axe, I recommend switching to polearm.

Completed non-human final build examples
90 maces, 90 longswords, 100 tactics, 40 divinity, 30 piety - 90% str / 10% dex
90 polearms, 90 axes, 100 tactics, 40 divinity, 30 piety - 90% str / 10% dex

Race recommendations
draconian - for higher melee damage.
half troll - for dual wielding and HP regen.
half orc - for faster rage generation/more special attacks, extra str, and faster movement in heavy armor.
gnome - if you want to open some chests in dungeons/phase beasts/cartography.
bloodkin - if you can't be bothered to track down some vigour gear.
shadowfolk - if you want to be stealthy, have nightvision, and for extra str/dex.
dwarf - for extra hp, stats, and for a full set of mithril gear.
skeletun - great so high level mobs/hybrids/2x2s/bosses don't heal off of xmp.
human - if you want more fighter specials and a build like 90 axes, 90 maces, 90 longswords, 85 tactics, 40 divinity, 30 piety.
1[WoWz]
MACRO > me

Post by 1[WoWz] »

The helpful NG chat last night informed me that with 25 weapon skill, you can use a special from another weapon of the same group (with some restrictions). I will list all of the combinations.

Axe equipped (25 Axe min. skill) / 90 Longswords - Flurry
Axe equipped (25 Axe min. skill) / 90 Maces - Thunderclap

Longsword equipped (25 Longsword min. skill) / 90 Axes - Cleave
Longsword equipped (25 Longsword skill) / 90 Polearms - Bloodbolt

Mace equipped (25 Mace min. skill) / 90 Longswords - Flurry
Mace equipped (25 Mace min. skill) / 90 Polearms - Bloodbolt

Polearm equipped (25 Polearm min. skill) / 90 Axes - Cleave
Polearm equipped (25 Polearm min. skill) / 90 Maces - Thunderclap

Shortsword equipped (25 skill) / 90 Foils - Disarm
Foil equipped (25 skill) / 90 Shortswords - Slice N Dice
(probably still need 50 for gouge, requires testing)

This opens up a huge variety of builds. The most powerful is 25 Maces / 90 Longswords to use flurry with a blackrock/adamantium great maul and also 25 Polearms / 90 Axes to get cleave with a piercing weapon like the spear or trident; both of these would give you the preferred 90% Str and 10% Dex ratio while getting to use the more useful specials.

Keep in mind, 40 skill in the weapon equipped is still required for charge. This is an extremely useful ability for mobility (chasing, closing distance, escaping), locking down a ranged monster since they won't be able to move, and it's also very fun to use. Try it out right now if you haven't tried it. Works with practically all melee weapons of all classes.
eggmceye
hello

Post by eggmceye »

That's the one thing ng doesn't lend itself to and that is fighters with multi specials

Also rage not building under 25% skill in equipped weapon even tho you can special with another is also an over sight. That was done for neatness (I didn't like how it was visible when it couldn't be used) plus not to confuse newbies
1[WoWz]
MACRO > me

Post by 1[WoWz] »

eggmceye wrote:That's the one thing ng doesn't lend itself to and that is fighters with multi specials

Also rage not building under 25% skill in equipped weapon even tho you can special with another is also an over sight. That was done for neatness (I didn't like how it was visible when it couldn't be used) plus not to confuse newbies
The easy thing to do is to make specials even with 0 weapon skill. Right now the 25% skill special is x1.5 damage and the 60% skill special is x2.0 damage.

You add a 0-24% skill special that does x1.25 damage or you can lower the x1.5 damage special down to 0 skill required.
1[WoWz]
MACRO > me

Post by 1[WoWz] »

How to have a badass, heroic dragon slaying character on the NG server in 2 hours.

-Pick skeletun priest and start mining as soon as you get off newbie island (skeletuns prevent any monster, hybrid/2x2/boss, whatever that has xmp from healing off you).

-Work on weaponsmith, dip weapons in fountains to get gold, and then start on alchemy.

-Get rid of blessed maces and train the following skills to these levels: 40 maces, 90 longswords, 100 divinity, 70 sanctity, 30 piety, 20 tactics (acquire spells as needed).

-If you have a shield, you can go to nordhaven dungeon, let rats bash on you to raise str to 853 using block. You can even shift use bandage on yourself and repeat use to train healing to 100/dex to 97.

-Make a blackrock great maul, bless it, get it to +6 with divine hammer, then use a cursed scroll of uncurse on it, then uncurse it to turn it into a mace. An addy great maul works better.

-Get your hands on a bone cap, bone belt and bone robe, dip them and disenchant until you get some vigour.

-If you have WoTs/GWoTs, make a BR Great Maul +8/+9, 2x bone ring atk +8/+9, bone neck atk +8/+9, 3x sigils +8/+9.

-Get the White Stone and Brown Stone; feel free to hunt at Road Warrior Town for muskets for your alt and radioactive cookies to get some glass armor if you want.

-If you got the glass armor, dip it in fountains to get a bonus, +5 vigour is pretty common and a total of 14-26 vigour is good if you like to heal, banish, VAMT, and even sword golem.

-You're ready to hunt at heroic CoS, Anathema, Dead Forest, etc. Stay in tank stance if you take too much damage and kill heroic stuff slowly for good gear.

Final Budget Gear
Blackrock Great Maul +6
Bone Cap Vigour +5
Bone Robe Vigour +5
Bone Belt Vigour +5
Whatever Legs/Boots/Hands (MR +4/+5 is probably best)
2x Bone Ring
Bone Necklace

I have 100 enchanting/cartography or I bought a lot of GWoTs
Blackrock Great Maul +8/+9
Glass Full Helm Vigour +5
Glass Field Plate Vigour +5
Glass Greaves Vigour +5
Glass Gauntlets Vigour +5
Glass Plate Boots Vigour +5
Bone Belt MR +4/+5
2x Bone Ring Attack +8/+9
Bone Necklace Attack +8/+9
Mind Sigil Attack +8/+9
Spirit Sigil Attack +8/+9
Body Sigil Attack +8/+9

Breakdown of skills and how to use them
40 maces - You have 40 to use charge, it's incredibly useful to close the distance, lock down targets, and escape if needed.
90 longswords - This is so you can use flurry with your great maul which gives higher damage than a claymore.
100 divinity - VAMT is an amazing ability that will bleed a group of 25% of their HP. Banish is a godsend because your clones will be tanky. Sword Golem is good, they can use flurry too!
70 sanctity - Yeti Aspect can proc on your flurry and also if you reflect damage with your glass armor, Seize is good in extremely dangerous places.
30 piety - Mani (Heal Self) is a very nice spell that you should only try to use between fights to maximize your DPS. Pick up 40 piety for heal other to heal party members/pets.
20 tactics - The extra AS and damage reduction is nice to have.

Rotation
Charge into a group of enemies to hit one - VAMT - Melee attacks to 100 rage - Reset stance if in tank stance - Flurry - Tank Stance - Melee attacks - Charge low enemy monsters that are trying to escape - Heal with Mani after fight

Great Maul Tints
You'll want to have several different great mauls for different situations. Claymores work too if you get your hands on a decent one. You can make any Great Maul +6 with divine hammer.

Plain - No, don't bother with this, the extra crits aren't worth it.
Copper - Eh, decent choice early game until you can get BR or if you absolutely can't stand slow attack speed.
Silver - No, don't bother, might be fun for defend the keep. Maybe keep one around as a backup if a high level undead map gets added.
Gold - No, unless it's some sort of named bling weapon that you carry around Nordhaven like a pimp cane.
Venomous - No, never in PVM/PVE, might be ok in PVP.
Addled - Eh, not as bad as everyone thinks it is but still not great, confused enemies tend to wander, lock them down with charge.
Runed - Eh, more flurrys are nice, but I don't like it with flurry, useful if this was an axe/polearm fighter with cleave.
Blackrock - Yes, easiest to obtain tint that has the highest DPS, this probably be your main weapon.
Adamantium - Yes, the best DPS but you can't craft it, it's hard to find, and you can't WoT it. Unsure if a Addy +6 is better than BR +8/+9.
Barbed - Yes, this is a good backup weapon when fighting large groups of extremely high HP monsters such as Bloodlords, Blood Wyverns, Heroic Balrons/Shadow Warriors/Shadow Dragons.
Diamond - Eh, you attack strength shouldn't be too low so the only thing this would be good against is probably a Shadowlord.
Vampyric - Yes, this is a good backup weapon when you're up against high damage enemies like Heroic Shadow Mages and Epic Dragons or if you're taking too much damage.
1[WoWz]
MACRO > me

Re: NG build ideas! Now with more skills!

Post by 1[WoWz] »

UA-Polymorph-Lycan-Sorcerer build

Half Troll - 25 str, 25 dex, 950 int
100 Sorcery
90 Magery (gives 75% chance to cast polymorph)
100 Traps or Tactics
30 Unarmed (enough for sleeping fist)
30 Piety (enough for heal self)

Main hand weapon: Venomous Monk weapon / Off hand weapon: Barbed Monk weapon

Spells have cooldowns (even if they are just a couple of seconds) and this gives something to do between them. You'll be casting XC or VOG and smacking enemies between hits to inflict poison and bleeding. Use sleep fist and then cast XC to do double damage as their HP ticks down from poison.

Polymorph self lets you turn into a dragon if you want to focus on UA (although it requires testing how effective this is). Once you cure lycan and can transform, this will turn your stats into 450 str, 450 dex, 25 int which will give you plenty of HP and attack damage.
MoonGoat
Good morning, Captain.

Post by MoonGoat »

1[WoWz] wrote:Polymorph self lets you turn into a dragon if you want to focus on UA (although it requires testing how effective this is).
Works pretty well, i tried it on a monk/mage build on pd and are now going for it on reg too. Cant use weapons tho.
"When life gives you lemons, don't make lemonade. Make life take the lemons back! Get mad! I don't want your damn lemons, what am I supposed to do with these? Demand to see life's manager! Make life rue the day it thought it could give Cave Johnson lemons! Do you know who I am? I'm the man who's gonna burn your house down! With the lemons! I'm gonna get my engineers to invent a combustible lemon that burns your house down!"
―Cave Johnson
1[WoWz]
MACRO > me

Post by 1[WoWz] »

MoonGoat wrote:
1[WoWz] wrote:Polymorph self lets you turn into a dragon if you want to focus on UA (although it requires testing how effective this is).
Works pretty well, i tried it on a monk/mage build on pd and are now going for it on reg too. Cant use weapons tho.
True, gloves of attack should still work though.
1[WoWz]
MACRO > me

Post by 1[WoWz] »

Battlecaster build

Bloodkin/Draconian/Half Troll/Half Orc - 100 hexblades, 100 traps/tactics/block, 100 sorcery, 50 magery - 25 str, 25 dex, 950 int

Get a Runed Athame and a Tower Shield. Use XC between melee attacks. Healing bolt for when you need HP, black lightning when you don't. VOG to clear out groups of enemies.
1[WoWz]
MACRO > me

Post by 1[WoWz] »

Some good class ideas that I've come up with recently.

Bloodkin - 100 sorcery, 100 necromancy, 90 staves, 60 magery
Draconian - 90 unarmed, 100 magery, 100 traps, 30 piety, 30 unarmed
Draconian - 60 unarmed, 100 sorcery, 100 traps, 60 magery, 30 piety

Half Troll - 100 sorcery, 100 necromancy, 100 divinity, 50 magery (main hand barbed staff, off hand venomous staff)
eggmceye
hello

Post by eggmceye »

have completed 1st draft of my axe guy
http://euotopia.com/plyr.php?p=Hudson&serv=NG

str: 525
dex: 175
int: 300

magery 100% (gives clone, invis, AEP)
axe 90%
sanctity 80% (for aspect of snake)
tactics 80%

I found deciding on the stats and bumping them, deciding the skill somewhat satisfying.

rotation: whack + AEP + whack + AEP + special etc

fun trick1: sense + seize to pull any mob out of a room
fun trick2: size a mob out of pack then invis to lose the pack aggro, but the siezed mob is hamstrung so once the pack leaves you can start whacking

ALT build: I wouldn't mind another dmg spell in the rot so could learn VAM (8d4+INT/10, but my INT might not be high enough vs high end mobs to use VAM)
axe 90%
magery 70% (invis, AEP)
sorcery 50% (for VAM)
sanctity 80% (for aspect of snake)
tactics 60%

ps: here is the %skill req for a circle to have 100% success rate (not monks)

1 -> 30%
2 -> 40%
3 -> 50%
4 -> 60%
5 -> 70%
6 -> 80%
7 -> 90%
8 -> 100%