retiring level 1000 pd characters

Permanent Death and No Grind specific discussion goes here.

Moderator: EUO Moderators

Tristin
LAUGHING OUT LOUD LIKE A MORON

Re: retiring level 1000 pd characters

Post by Tristin »

MoonGoat wrote:Will lvl 1k lotls still be lotl on reg?
I thought bout that it would be cool if lotls could xfer to lvl 200 with their gear and a couple stats or even 150 and continue lotl on reg i like it shrike thought it wasnt a good idea becauze no chance of death
Im a jerk i know it egg knows it , deal with it. Babycakes is my biffle
KoRnAGAIN
Post in swahili or SHUT THE FUCK UP!

Post by KoRnAGAIN »

eggmceye wrote:On the table:
Forced retirement of your level 1000 pd character to reg. Ie move it completely. Gets it off the scoreboard and put to pasture.

current proposal:
* level 100 reg (with xp adjusted to level 100)
* keep remort - so you will break reg's multiclass rules but that is ok
* free respec to fix yr stats
* can't take any gear except what you are wearing
* avs kept, quests kept
* named weapons - not allowed unless equipped - any spares .. give away to your alts or friends

* PLUS some custom title, item, achievement, mount, perk, something to signify ex PD level 1000
* lotl 1000 maybe gets 2 bonuses or just a different title / achievement

* plus hall of fame - lists pd chars that hit 1000 and moved to reg - in order - starting with emo :roll:

bonus ideas:
maybe you could choose one of the following:
* Juggernaut: Similar to phase shift, but instead of not taking any damage, you can't go below 1hp for the time limit.
* Combat Wisdom: Perm bonus to crit chance (Or AS) and MR or ability to cleave through MR.
* fancy mount - eg black horse
* fancy belt or ring?

I want all 1000's off PD - so it has to be attractive enough that no one complains when they are moved.
You have my vote! :ymca:

I'm honestly suprised you agreed to some of our ideas, but i'm also glad you did :heart:

The only thing i WOULD add (only because i think it's a great idea that can be justified) is along with the xfer, Maybe you are allowed 4 stats to be maxed. But not crafting skills such as, Enchanting, Taming, ect (because that shit is a bitch to raise on reg and i've done it and i think i'd be unfair :roll: ) but pick 4 of the skills to max that are made for the type of character beng made (Like, fighter,mage, rogue ect.) gives you I.E. -

****For a Fighter - Get to choose 4 - maces, longswords, axes, polearms, tactics, block
****For a Rogue - Choose 4 - SS, Foils, Ranged, lock, traps, stealth
****For a Mage - Sorcery, Magery, Piety,

:cool:

**** And if you have a spare choice, you can choose from some general skils like - Meditation, Healing, Item Lore ***or any of the general skills offered by Max on newbie island
An example would be, if i xfer and want to go fighter, I can choose, LONGSWORDS, TACTICS, BLOCK, AND HEALING

I say make this apart of the xfer because it will help keep our characters from being "useless" :knife: . What's the point of being level 100 and all the weps, if you can't hunt and survive because you have no skills?
Could we raise them ourselves? Yes. But i feel it's fair enough to be able to choose 4* skills EXCLUDING any crafting skill.
This will make it so that we can go right in after we xfer and are able to party hunt and enjoy reg instead of having to cheeze block and Longswords in the arena for 4 hours just so we can use our specials. And it also helps keep classes like Rogue, from being useless an almost unenjoyable at lvl 100 if he can't use Locks/Traps and/or Stealth.

All of this being said, i'm content with what's you've offered above and i find it suprisingly fair. My only concern is the charaters being "out of commision" for several weeks as we raise our shit back up, JUST to be able to hunt and enjoy them. :lesson:

In all, you have my vote for what you've offered above, but would really ask you considor what i've offered to be added to the end result. :ymca:

-Colt
eggmceye
hello

Post by eggmceye »

I'm not sure of the point of adjusting skills - if you want something at 100% get it there now before your char is moved to reg

I think the LOTL char moved to reg should get an extra reward but not +100 levels - maybe just custom title, or red horse or something
KoRnAGAIN
Post in swahili or SHUT THE FUCK UP!

Post by KoRnAGAIN »

eggmceye wrote:I'm not sure of the point of adjusting skills - if you want something at 100% get it there now before your char is moved to reg

I think the LOTL char moved to reg should get an extra reward but not +100 levels - maybe just custom title, or red horse or something

hahaha cool shit :aus:

Im all in on this idea, and i'm glad you are doing it :D

COLT VOTES YES!

-Colt
Sumter
Good morning, Captain.

Post by Sumter »

Will addy coins transfer?
[Reg] Buck
[PD] Sumter(formerly Javier)/DukeSease/Sease
eggmceye
hello

Post by eggmceye »

yes
Tristin

Post by Tristin »

eggmceye wrote:I'm not sure of the point of adjusting skills - if you want something at 100% get it there now before your char is moved to reg

yeah thats sweet i VOTE YES may aswell figure out about lotl's later belenidas dosent play and me and goat got a ways on them

Any idea on when this is going to go into affect?
Zzapp
Here for the lesbians.

Post by Zzapp »

spells and items from quest will be transferred as well?
eggmceye
hello

Post by eggmceye »

well spells obviously, items - preferably nothing except wearing + av scrolls
are there any quest items that should be kept? stones I guess is one example
maybe keep all items that are soulbound? Can anyone think of any exceptions/additions?
Aerie
Here for the lesbians.

Post by Aerie »

That sounds good. :D
Tristin

Post by Tristin »

eggmceye wrote:well spells obviously, items - preferably nothing except wearing + av scrolls
are there any quest items that should be kept? stones I guess is one example
maybe keep all items that are soulbound? Can anyone think of any exceptions/additions?
yeah probably anything soulbound , spells ect also shrike and i were talking seeings how anyclass + priest is the main dual class and sure on pd thats the choice for survival but for fun maybe could we think of any other ideas for multi classing , warrior/monk for seize and stuff could be fun also shrike mentioned maybe a mage spell used like an enchant goes off with same %age would get more people to try this would probably bring more people back to the game especially older players? Maybe any ideas about multi classing because i think class + priest is extremely boring main reason for reg is its more challenging as far as fighting without priest. Sure banish is the only reason i see priest as a good choice for priest im not sure if this could even be on the board but im sure shrike would make a lvl 1k if it was possible to make a fun multiclass on reg server, which means imo that more older players would be interested aswell. If anyone likes the idea of making some kind of fun multiclass for reg throw in some ideas?
Adithmos

Post by Adithmos »

I might be the only one sounding "greedy" but would want higher than level 100 for the transfer. I spent years on regular before coming to PD and haven't been back since. My mage on reg is 170ish and it seemed that if I wasn't in a party with higher levels he pretty much sucked hunting solo unlike in PD. So I don't see how a level 100 mage is going to make reg more enjoyable for me? And for me, I want the game to remain enjoyable. Guess a way to improve is pay for an xp transfer but not feeling I should have to do that.

Plus after buying 36 stones to get to 1000, would just feel disappointed. My two higher ones in PD have 40 stones bought between them and for me it seems I wouldn't want to spend more money to have them revert to level 100 characters on reg. And what's going to stop someone from being an azz and just stay at level 999 to stay on the board?

Just my opinion. So if this goes forward my PD chars are named after my reg ones, will I need to do a name change too?
eggmceye
hello

Post by eggmceye »

maybe retirement shouldn't be enforced then
Aerie
Here for the lesbians.

Post by Aerie »

eggmceye wrote:I could probably retire emo to reg, since I never actually deleted that player file :2cool:
srsly?

awe :(
Last edited by Aerie on Wed Feb 20, 2013 8:53 am, edited 1 time in total.
Zzapp
Here for the lesbians.

Post by Zzapp »

In my honest opinion, around the levels of 100-150 is probably the best levels. Sure you're not that strong but you are at that point where you can see your improvement from other maps and what not. At a higher level it's just, "Rush the blood queen!"
rakko2
Kodiak has probably banned me by now.

Post by rakko2 »

one more thing i need to know what about like hearth stones and pet runes should i get them off my 1k or will they come with me just so i know not trying to make u do any more work just need to know what i have to get off my 1k thanks :? :?
JUST CHILLEN AND KILLEN
Adithmos

Post by Adithmos »

Zzapp wrote:In my honest opinion, around the levels of 100-150 is probably the best levels. Sure you're not that strong but you are at that point where you can see your improvement from other maps and what not. At a higher level it's just, "Rush the blood queen!"
I have to agree with that. I'd be happy with 150.
eggmceye
hello

Post by eggmceye »

I want to keep everyone happy while getting all 1000s onto reg and off the scoreboard. The offer needs to keep every one happy and if I can't strike a deal then I'll just forget about it.

150 is ok by me too. Anywhere btween 1 and 150. Of course also anything bought with addy coins that is soulbound should be kept during xfer (eg hearth stone, pet runes), as well as soulbound stuff (I'll go thru some chars and see what sb there is in their invs). If you bought anything with coins that is not sb then give it to an alt or a friend.

I'll get every 1000 on the board to post here or I'll email them.

In any case I'm currently fully occupied with a big update in some other area so this is on hold temporarily.

OP updated
Flamesoffire
Posting from my ass computer.

Post by Flamesoffire »

For the hall of fame if it is added, Can Fawf be on it? I got to 1000. And i dont even care about the perks. Just want my name on the list haha.
Defeating a sandwich, Only makes it tastier... - Vegeta.
Eclips
egg has really fucked this game up :(

Post by Eclips »

eggmceye wrote: In any case I'm currently fully occupied with a big update in some other area so this is on hold temporarily.
I hate when you hit us with teases like that, you big goon. X-D