retiring level 1000 pd characters

Permanent Death and No Grind specific discussion goes here.

Moderator: EUO Moderators

Severian
Good morning, Captain.

Re: retiring level 1000 pd characters

Post by Severian »

I suggest no items transferred. Also, I still think that if you want to play reg, just make a reg char, and if you want to play pd, make a pd char.
Tristin
LAUGHING OUT LOUD LIKE A MORON

Post by Tristin »

eggmceye wrote:deal updated 18 jan
lvl 150
note xp is quite low for remorted chars but remember xp is reset to 0 when you remort
I'm not interested in worry abt the 6 stat points difference between human/non human - too much effort
eggmceye wrote:
* fixed level 150 on reg. This is fixed to save problems working out stats / remort
* keep remort if you have it - so you will break reg's multiclass rules but that is ok
* REMORTED: transfer with 5,728,000 xp (remorted level 150) and 635 total stats + respec cert
* unREMORTED: transfer with 32,953,000 xp (level 150) and 975 total stats + respec cert
* can't take any gear except what you are wearing
* avs kept, quests kept, addy coins kept
* probably all soulbound items kept (will investigate)
* named weapons - not allowed unless equipped - any spares .. give away to your alts or friends
* items bought with addy coins: keep if soulbound otherwise give to an alt or friend

* PLUS a custom title, armoury achievement & black horse
* lotl 1000 get 100 addy coins + a red horse + different title/achievement

* plus hall of fame - lists pd chars that hit 1000 and moved to reg - in order - starting with emo :roll:
If items are soulbound let me know would suck to xfer gear u planned to distribute through 2 or more of your characters and have them be soulbound tnx

E. The choice for remort or non remort does intrest me though thanks egg
Im a jerk i know it egg knows it , deal with it. Babycakes is my biffle
SiNeR
I once posted in TFIOOC!

Post by SiNeR »

Severian wrote:I suggest no items transferred. Also, I still think that if you want to play reg, just make a reg char, and if you want to play pd, make a pd char.
Sever... with all respect for you this is Bullshit... i have chars on reg, pd, ng etc... its an option for player who already did 1k and have nothing to do on PD... if you think its so easy try it!!

also 150 lvl its a good idea.. +1

i have a few sugestions also
what about pets? did they transfer also?
about custom title... maybe just add every transfered char. "The Immortal" title :P and mark them with some kind of "star" by nickmane.
items shouldnt be soulbound... its the same situation like with mythic...( mostly in terms of giving them to alts )
"we are elite, you are not!!"
-goblin elite
Bugbo
Girls only want boyfriends who have great skills.

Post by Bugbo »

eggmceye wrote: * REMORTED: transfer with 5,728,000 xp (remorted level 150) and 635 total stats + respec cert
* unREMORTED: transfer with 32,953,000 xp (level 150) and 975 total stats + respec cert
Will remorted and unremorted characters be able to gain levels at the same pace? Or will the remorted characters have to accumulate the needed XP to catch up to unremorted XP?
eggmceye
hello

Post by eggmceye »

pets ok
remort/unremort would level in the same way as they do on pd - ie remorted level faster, but evens out eventually the higher the character gets
Adithmos
LAUGHING OUT LOUD LIKE A MORON

Post by Adithmos »

Will all skills GMed but xfred over or a select few?
eggmceye
hello

Post by eggmceye »

skills untouched, why would they be

cmon guys I'm getting bored here
eggmceye
hello

Post by eggmceye »

deal's postponed for a while due to complications with fairness / keeping everyone happy

Basically the problem is that it's a way for non humans to get dual classed on reg. That makes them the most powerful chars, and there isn't a way for a natural reg char to get there. To make it fair, one of the following needs to happen

- make all xferred chars human
- force a trim of non human class skills to bring them into reg rules for classes
- make reg non humans able to use the versatility shrine, up to 175%

guys, don't hassle me about it!!1
eggmceye
hello

Post by eggmceye »

you know if it's just a matter of not dying permanently I can give a lvl 1000 char an unbreakable res stone or something that stops them from ever PDing again - and anyone that chooses this option will be removed from the scoreboard ...
Severian
Good morning, Captain.

Post by Severian »

eggmceye wrote:you know if it's just a matter of not dying permanently I can give a lvl 1000 char an unbreakable res stone or something that stops them from ever PDing again - and anyone that chooses this option will be removed from the scoreboard ...
This sounds good.
MoonGoat
Good morning, Captain.

Post by MoonGoat »

eggmceye wrote:deal's postponed for a while due to complications with fairness / keeping everyone happy

Basically the problem is that it's a way for non humans to get dual classed on reg. That makes them the most powerful chars, and there isn't a way for a natural reg char to get there. To make it fair, one of the following needs to happen

- make all xferred chars human
- force a trim of non human class skills to bring them into reg rules for classes
- make reg non humans able to use the versatility shrine, up to 175%

guys, don't hassle me about it!!1
It sounds like a good reward to be able to do something that normally can't be done on reg when transferring. Would make more people try PD too.

So in my opinion, none of those 3 things should happen.
"When life gives you lemons, don't make lemonade. Make life take the lemons back! Get mad! I don't want your damn lemons, what am I supposed to do with these? Demand to see life's manager! Make life rue the day it thought it could give Cave Johnson lemons! Do you know who I am? I'm the man who's gonna burn your house down! With the lemons! I'm gonna get my engineers to invent a combustible lemon that burns your house down!"
―Cave Johnson
Severian
Good morning, Captain.

Post by Severian »

Its a large bonus, and would mean that players that already have reg characters would have to create new pd characters, level those, and then transfer them to reg in order to get a maxed out character.

This means that anyone who wants a maxed out character, and currently has a reg character, has essentially wasted their time levelling that reg character. There is no way to give a reg character the same bonuses/stats that a transferred character would have.
Keighn
Stop posting already --;

Post by Keighn »

Sev you gotta be kidding right?

I'll stand by the wayside but it would seem that the only ones that should even be concerned are those that have lvl 1k or near that. Those that don't play PD or never even get close to 1k shouldn't even bother with input unless they seriously want to play that high. :-S
ZUPS!!!!
eggmceye
hello

Post by eggmceye »

read his post again
Keighn
Stop posting already --;

Post by Keighn »

Hmm. I just don't see eye to eye on it. I've never been that hard core but I don't see it as wasting time whatever server I've played. Playing PD means they took the risk of permadeath. Maybe they deserve the reward. I would've taken just an accolade mark next to my name and go and be lvl 1 on reg for retirement.

The rest is just frosting on the cake.

From what I recall a couple years ago the player base had a lot of fun on reg grinding dungeons, chatting, and fighting the mobs the various DMs created.
ZUPS!!!!
Keighn
Stop posting already --;

Post by Keighn »

Of course, if the unbreakable res stone and removal from the board is easier on you perhaps that's a better option. I think I'll stay out of the discussion now. I don't have a 1k.
ZUPS!!!!
Severian
Good morning, Captain.

Post by Severian »

You spend time building your character ... if later, after spending a great deal of time playing, you find that the character you've been developing is sub-optimal, one can easily feel that they have wasted their time if the want an optimal character.
eggmceye
hello

Post by eggmceye »

a 450 on reg should rightly be annoyed that a char from pd can transfer and then potentially be better than them

(posting while dead and waiting to respawn in dota2 :--;: )
Keighn
Stop posting already --;

Post by Keighn »

Is this more of a PVP issue or a wasted time sink issue? I'll shut my trapped-jaw now.
Last edited by Keighn on Fri Jan 18, 2013 9:53 pm, edited 1 time in total.
ZUPS!!!!
Severian
Good morning, Captain.

Post by Severian »

Keighn wrote:Is this more of a PVP issue or a wasted time sink issue?
its both, and several other issues