retiring level 1000 pd characters

Permanent Death and No Grind specific discussion goes here.

Moderator: EUO Moderators

Zzapp
Here for the lesbians.

Re: retiring level 1000 pd characters

Post by Zzapp »

The ideas in the OP sound fine with me. Seems fair for each and every player. In my opinion I say we do belt ( basically like the tournament's belts) on the player's armoury page. That or something a long the lines of a custom title.
Aerie
Here for the lesbians.

Post by Aerie »

eggmceye wrote:On the table:
Forced retirement of your level 1000 pd character to reg. Ie move it completely. Gets it off the scoreboard and put to pasture.

current proposal:
* anywhere between level 1 and 150 on reg - xp adjusted to level, tho once xferred xp/level cannot be changed so decide carefully
* keep remort - so you will break reg's multiclass rules but that is ok
* free respec to fix yr stats
* can't take any gear except what you are wearing
* avs kept, quests kept, addy coins kept
* probably all soulbound items kept (will investigate)
* named weapons - not allowed unless equipped - any spares .. give away to your alts or friends
* items bought with addy coins: keep if soulbound otherwise give to an alt or friend

* PLUS some custom title, item, achievement, mount, perk, something to signify ex PD level 1000
* lotl 1000 maybe gets 2 bonuses or just a different title / achievement

* plus hall of fame - lists pd chars that hit 1000 and moved to reg - in order - starting with emo :roll:

bonus ideas:
maybe you could choose one of the following:
* Juggernaut: Similar to phase shift, but instead of not taking any damage, you can't go below 1hp for the time limit.
* Combat Wisdom: Perm bonus to crit chance (Or AS) and MR or ability to cleave through MR.
* fancy mount - eg black horse
* fancy belt or ring?

I want all 1000's off PD - so it has to be attractive enough that no one complains when they are moved.

I ruv woo.
eggmceye
hello

Post by eggmceye »

I'll go thru the logs and put them in order - including dead ones like fof or whatever that char was called
Tristin
LAUGHING OUT LOUD LIKE A MORON

Post by Tristin »

Zzapp wrote:The ideas in the OP sound fine with me. Seems fair for each and every player. In my opinion I say we do belt ( basically like the tournament's belts) on the player's armoury page. That or something a long the lines of a custom title.
a belt would be cool i know its not and never will be allowed again but one per account would be cool. Or yeah on the page would be cool :)
Im a jerk i know it egg knows it , deal with it. Babycakes is my biffle
ChrisCooper
Tune in next time & see how they do it.

Post by ChrisCooper »

Most of the people that play PD this hardcore do so because they prefer it over reg server. Giving them a free reg character, even if it is up to level 150, seems kinda pointless. They'd probably just play it for a few days, get bored, and start grinding a new character on PD.

Still, gotta give em something. Why not base the prizes on the PD server instead of a transfer to a server that they prefer not to play?

Just my opinion.
I'm here to kick ass, and chew bubblegum. And I'm all out of bubblegum.
Aerie
Here for the lesbians.

Post by Aerie »

ChrisCooper wrote:Most of the people that play PD this hardcore do so because they prefer it over reg server. Giving them a free reg character, even if it is up to level 150, seems kinda pointless. They'd probably just play it for a few days, get bored, and start grinding a new character on PD.

Still, gotta give em something. Why not base the prizes on the PD server instead of a transfer to a server that they prefer not to play?

Just my opinion.
And that's why you don't play PD. :getout:
Keighn
Stop posting already --;

Post by Keighn »

I begin to wonder if my house is bugged. Old notepad of mine had a similar idea. Pretty stellar idea and thoughtful esp older characters being on a separate scoreboard. I had wondered if someone would have made an additional map in the arena that had statues and plaques of those who accomplished this. Characters who transfer to reg; do they get some sort of achievement marker next to their alt (w/e that'd be.. a shadow lord or something lotl a blood lord) depicting successful 1k lvl?

Grats to the list of overachievers and hearty thanks to the time and effort going into project.
ZUPS!!!!
KoRnAGAIN
Post in swahili or SHUT THE FUCK UP!

Post by KoRnAGAIN »

I'm just waiting for something to happen :geek:

:lesson:

-Colt
ChrisCooper

Post by ChrisCooper »

Aerie wrote:
ChrisCooper wrote:Most of the people that play PD this hardcore do so because they prefer it over reg server. Giving them a free reg character, even if it is up to level 150, seems kinda pointless. They'd probably just play it for a few days, get bored, and start grinding a new character on PD.

Just my opinion.
Um... what?
Tristin
LAUGHING OUT LOUD LIKE A MORON

Post by Tristin »

Keighn wrote:I begin to wonder if my house is bugged. Old notepad of mine had a similar idea. Pretty stellar idea and thoughtful esp older characters being on a separate scoreboard. I had wondered if someone would have made an additional map in the arena that had statues and plaques of those who accomplished this. Characters who transfer to reg; do they get some sort of achievement marker next to their alt (w/e that'd be.. a shadow lord or something lotl a blood lord) depicting successful 1k lvl?

Grats to the list of overachievers and hearty thanks to the time and effort going into project.
if you want a place with your statue and stuff i would say dont do all statues the same maybe one of the avatar's you own or have bought. Maybe first come first serve and only let one player have one avatar so to speak? Starting with Emo and one that he had owned, although i believe this is a bit more then egg will be willing to do because he already has so much work ahead of him even giving us this option and this might be asking a bit much. Thank you egg i know this is alot of hours you have to put in. :rebel:
Im a jerk i know it egg knows it , deal with it. Babycakes is my biffle
eggmceye
hello

Post by eggmceye »

ChrisCooper wrote:
Aerie wrote:

Just my opinion.
Um... what?
dude look at the other ppl posting in this thread - they have 1000s and like the idea of moving them to reg ...
Aerie
Here for the lesbians.

Post by Aerie »

Keighn wrote:I begin to wonder if my house is bugged. Old notepad of mine had a similar idea. Pretty stellar idea and thoughtful esp older characters being on a separate scoreboard. I had wondered if someone would have made an additional map in the arena that had statues and plaques of those who accomplished this. Characters who transfer to reg; do they get some sort of achievement marker next to their alt (w/e that'd be.. a shadow lord or something lotl a blood lord) depicting successful 1k lvl?

That'd be bangin'. We could have all skills transfered, items/gear equipped, some sort of level "boost" (1-300(w/e it'll be if anything because of gear and stats)), (possible belt of some sort on any alt (PD or Reg)), and/or a Statue in Nord that when you look at it, it says "You see a statue of EmoMage, the first character on PD to acheive this goal" or some bull shit like that. Next statue says "You see a statue of ion, the first rogue on PD to acheive this goal." So forth and so on. It doesn't have to have a personal message like that, but it could be in a room that gives a little grey message saying "Room of 1000's". The statues can be in there with a little carpet in front of them so when you step on the carpet, it'll say "First" or "1st" (like Bakyre TP room carpets sent messages). Then look at the statue above that carpet and all it says is "EmoMage" or whoever you decide to go first. Also, a hair off subject, you could do the same for Reg. "Room of 450's". Carpet saying "First" or "1st", then the statue saying "Heneik".

The statue could be the avatar they used all the time (or they're favorite one OR current one)
ChrisCooper

Post by ChrisCooper »

Yeah, I can't argue with that. Like I said, just my opinion, but then again I'm by no means a hardcore PD guy. If anything all I ever do is get to level 50, get too confident and become daemon rape, and rage quit for a year.
Thane
I once posted in TFIOOC!

Post by Thane »

Maybe a multiple choice thing ?
get to choose a perk, a skin or mount, and a title.
LOTL get to choose 2 perks, a skin or mount, a title and a special item or 2?
May your beard be ever soaked in ale rather than vomit
Sumter
Good morning, Captain.

Post by Sumter »

Any progress on this?
[Reg] Buck
[PD] Sumter(formerly Javier)/DukeSease/Sease
eggmceye
hello

Post by eggmceye »

nope, too busy with work and doing the client rewrite
Thane
I once posted in TFIOOC!

Post by Thane »

Egg wants me to be 1000 before its implemented ^_^
May your beard be ever soaked in ale rather than vomit
KoRnAGAIN

Post by KoRnAGAIN »

eggmceye wrote:nope, too busy with work and doing the client rewrite
Damnit :(

-Colt
eggmceye
hello

Post by eggmceye »

test the client beta, get it out faster, get retiring started sooner
KoRnAGAIN

Post by KoRnAGAIN »

eggmceye wrote:test the client beta, get it out faster, get retiring started sooner

How do we test the Beta Client? :geek:

-Colt