PD weekly ladder - now live!

Permanent Death and No Grind specific discussion goes here.

Moderator: EUO Moderators

Keighn
Stop posting already --;

Re: PD weekly ladder - now live!

Post by Keighn »

For crafting a wand of deconstruction will be a huge friend of yours if you are trying to get it up fast or find specific ingrediants. Generally, you'll want to concern yourself with only the most needed tools. In the end the ladder will be a grindfest of the most determined mage. PVP is almsot a nil factor and you'll be hard pressed to find someone to battle unless they're above you and they snipe you off the map. For that I'd say hide in instances as no one not in your party will have the same instance as you.

As of late (these last few months) I've found no one who's pvp'd at all. So make a mage, find good gear and blast the crap out of instance mobs. If you're a drac or blood, when you get enough MR tackle the daemon or dragons to find better gear. Rinse and repeat week after week. If it works for Zorg it can work for anyone with enough determination.
ZUPS!!!!
ibrowniedefender
on lolpatrol

Post by ibrowniedefender »

Kracky wrote:Also are fountains not working ? Tried a LOT of them in several places, never got the +stat buff.
yes fountains work on weekly it has to be in a "doungon" i normally get it on like my 2nd go
Onyxt
Girls only want boyfriends who have great skills.

Post by Onyxt »

ibrowniedefender wrote:
Kracky wrote:Also are fountains not working ? Tried a LOT of them in several places, never got the +stat buff.
yes fountains work on weekly it has to be in a "doungon" i normally get it on like my 2nd go
If you're a mage dont cast Ex Uus when trying to get feel great. The dex buff wont let you get the feel great.
Khelben
on lolpatrol

Post by Khelben »

Keighn wrote:For crafting a wand of deconstruction will be a huge friend of yours if you are trying to get it up fast or find specific ingrediants. Generally, you'll want to concern yourself with only the most needed tools. In the end the ladder will be a grindfest of the most determined mage. PVP is almsot a nil factor and you'll be hard pressed to find someone to battle unless they're above you and they snipe you off the map. For that I'd say hide in instances as no one not in your party will have the same instance as you.

As of late (these last few months) I've found no one who's pvp'd at all. So make a mage, find good gear and blast the crap out of instance mobs. If you're a drac or blood, when you get enough MR tackle the daemon or dragons to find better gear. Rinse and repeat week after week. If it works for Zorg it can work for anyone with enough determination.
Took you this long to post about the ladder being "a grindfest of the most determined mage" even though you did it for 6+ months straight yourself?
Keighn
Stop posting already --;

Post by Keighn »

Actually it was 8 months in a row. Maybe that is why it was changed along with drawing in the pvp crowd.

A few ideas:
1. I have a small idea that will benefit everyone on all servers. Each instance is boxed in a room with a locked door. To get the key that unlocks the door you have to do a quest for whomever (a simple kill x mob boss would do though something more complex would be far better). Finish the quest and get xxx experience and the key to that particular instance. Bam 3 quests, some extra xp, and possibly a slowing down of hiding in instances.

2. Get rid of instances on ladder server.

3. Allow others to enter the same instance on the ladder server.

4. Don't allow an account to win 2 weeks in a row. Let someone else have a chance.

If you can be hunted then it changes the dynamics of the ladder. If you can't you've just gotten yourselves a new "monster" to keep winning.
ZUPS!!!!
RaynWisp
Kodiak has probably banned me by now.

Post by RaynWisp »

MY IDEA:

Make the last two days of the ladder a free for all, where anyone can kill anyone...
Grunkk
Tune in next time & see how they do it.

Post by Grunkk »

Then only the more skilled PVP'ers will win. So, in the end, it's not about who's better at leveling up, It's about who's better at backstabbing.
On a search to find the meaning of life... Oh wait, to get to level 450!
Dralos
I once posted in TFIOOC!

Post by Dralos »

2. Get rid of instances on ladder server.
I agree this should be done
...or make them so all partys enter the same one on that server (not sure if thats possible :? ).
LIKE A BAUSS

~JustChill~
Catherine
English correct bastard.

Post by Catherine »

Khelben wrote:
Keighn wrote:For crafting a wand of deconstruction will be a huge friend of yours if you are trying to get it up fast or find specific ingrediants. Generally, you'll want to concern yourself with only the most needed tools. In the end the ladder will be a grindfest of the most determined mage. PVP is almsot a nil factor and you'll be hard pressed to find someone to battle unless they're above you and they snipe you off the map. For that I'd say hide in instances as no one not in your party will have the same instance as you.

Took you this long to post about the ladder being "a grindfest of the most determined mage" even though you did it for 6+ months straight yourself?

Well, there's not much to add.

Minos, especially heroic ones, seem to be uber-XP-weighted. At points, vanilla demons were worth less XP than heroic normal minos [I assume due to the "danger weighting" and x3 xp multiplier]. Epic River's End is too nice a map for mass farming to pose any challenge - whilst Epic tower is tough to get enough MR to make viable (I had the vamps down to 40ish a shot, with 871 MR) and Mino halls at least gets tough very soon (heroic demons = tough), River's End is a gentle endless vast expanse of great items.

But anyhow - it were a blast. Level 165 on Thursday, prolly could hit 200 or so by Monday ;)
Eidolon
I should probably get out more.

Post by Eidolon »

it were a blast, a blasty blast. dun diddly doo da dun diddled ur doo da and dun diddlified the doodle?
Grunkk

Post by Grunkk »

-plays a banjo-
Catherine
English correct bastard.

Post by Catherine »

Eidolon wrote:it were a blast, a blasty blast. dun diddly doo da dun diddled ur doo da and dun diddlified the doodle?
History lesson:

Eid cheated on the first LotL PD table by a) getting a TP to Moendir, b) getting massed buffed by alts / friends and c) Leeching XP via partying with a level 200+ person. And then denied it. Because he's stupid. He never did a LotL again, because he was afraid he'd get whacked.

He has never, ever, ever, managed to reach a decent level LotL, because his skill level is a whole lot less than his "speak wank" level.

P.s.

Kid. While you were playing EUO, I just made £1,700,000. What did you do between me leaving, and then returning & showing I can still own the PD LotL ladder? Answer: fuck all, loser.

:cow:
eggmceye
hello

Post by eggmceye »

Catherine wrote:I just made £1,700,000.
marry meh!
eggmceye
hello

Post by eggmceye »

Eidolon wrote:it were a blast, a blasty blast. dun diddly doo da dun diddled ur doo da and dun diddlified the doodle?
shutup
Grunkk

Post by Grunkk »

Thats like $3,250,000... Seriously?
eggmceye
hello

Post by eggmceye »

everyone get out, you're all annoying!
don't post unless it's on topic
Grunkk

Post by Grunkk »

K umm... Well on my level 6 monk I was going through nord dungeon training as usual, Then I encountered a swarm and every hit i did on it missed. So I wielded an unidentified mace which was cursed (facepalm). And he became stuck with a cursed mace and no way to get an unweld scroll.

Just wondering if this is just going to stay as 'bad luck' or will there ever be a way to fix it.
Alch
Kodiak has probably banned me by now.

Post by Alch »

Hi, probably my first post here, I'm SoulStealer on NG, and have been trying out the weekly for a lil bit here. I just got to around level 25 as a human mage, was hunting in mino halls, and had cleared the room, but still had greater harm ready. I hit enter to clear it, and died instantly. It was the second time I had hit myself with an attack since making that toon, but I didn't think it would hit me because I set my target to evil creatures only. Not sure if this is a glitch or if you're meant to be able to kill yourself, haven't taken the time to really look for a relative post, but was just curious. If nothing else this can be a warning to other noobs trying PD.
Keighn
Stop posting already --;

Post by Keighn »

VAM doesn't use the targeting system rather directions. Sadly, it can kill you if you strike yourself.
ZUPS!!!!
Catherine
English correct bastard.

Post by Catherine »

Last two weeks have been won by people at level 50 or so.

Pffft.

Notes:

Danger XP should be weighted to class, not level. i.e. A vampire is more dangerous to a fighter than a mage [MR bitches! muaahahhahaha!], and rogues are like :cheese: so nothing apart from the one mob who casts reveal means anything.

Thoughts: LUA randomiser; on server start, each mob class has [difficulty * rarity * / level * % chance] of randomly having a new spell like ability. i.e. A rat might have a 2 * 1 / 1 * 5 % chance of randomly gaining a spell like ability for that week. So one week, spiders might be IVPY'ing your ass, demons might be VMing [evvubl].

p.s.

Yes, it was that amount of money. Remember that's total sale, not salary, sadly. Although, http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5XGOyS89gjw it has appealed to me.