big NG revision

Permanent Death and No Grind specific discussion goes here.

Moderator: EUO Moderators

Khelben
on lolpatrol

Re: big NG revision

Post by Khelben »

I don't think NG needs any changes to the stat or skill cap. I like how you need to "specialize" your characters, and really, it doesn't take long to bump a character up to 500 in stats. Also, we have 2 other servers which reward you with an increase in stats and/or an increase in the skillcap (in the form of level ups) by doing quests, NG is fine.
Rufio
Tune in next time & see how they do it.

Post by Rufio »

Westinghouse wrote:Well, for players on PD, you level 10x faster than on Reg, and when you hit cap at 1000, I think you have something in the ball park of about 6000 stat points. If you go from 500 max stat points to 600 or 700, I really don't think it'll make THAT big of a difference. I highly doubt Egg will do it, I just think that the quests giving stat points instead of XP for NG was a good idea, if nothing else he says is good. That was the one of many that I actually like, 100%.
What do you think about getting skill points and not stats? I would love to have a cleaver in my other hand if it were possible. :D
Rufio - Level 314 - Bloodkin - Mage
http://euotopia.com/plyr.php?p=Rufio&serv=reg
Cult
LAUGHING OUT LOUD LIKE A MORON

Post by Cult »

What are we talking about again?
Light travels faster than sound.
This is why some people appear bright until you hear them speak.
eggmceye
hello

Post by eggmceye »

stop posting emo, stop making new forum accounts
teb
How do I attack?

Post by teb »

Westinghouse wrote:
Zzapp wrote:I like idea of more class skill. about 500% for everyone but Humans, and humans get 600% or 700%?

Where in the living hell would you get 600-700%? Preist, Fighter, Mage, and Rogue, 100% each. That's 400. 400 is max. You can't get any higher. (unless it's split differently than I think it is.)

It's not class it's by skills, most skills are associated with a class but you can only have a max of 300% (or 400% for humans) skills. I'd love to be able to have priest mage and warrior... I'd be unstoppable. :(
Rufio

Post by Rufio »

teb wrote:
Westinghouse wrote:
Zzapp wrote:I like idea of more class skill. about 500% for everyone but Humans, and humans get 600% or 700%?

Where in the living hell would you get 600-700%? Preist, Fighter, Mage, and Rogue, 100% each. That's 400. 400 is max. You can't get any higher. (unless it's split differently than I think it is.)

It's not class it's by skills, most skills are associated with a class but you can only have a max of 300% (or 400% for humans) skills. I'd love to be able to have priest mage and warrior... I'd be unstoppable. :(
I would be too, i would love to have 400% and 500% for humans, or anything bigger than 300%, i am good now but imagine how good i would be with 100 axes too :D
Rufio

Post by Rufio »

eggmceye wrote:things to do in uo after you hit the cap

- work on your house
- gank newbies
Work on your house? i thought they wouldn't ever be in NG. :?
Onyxt
Girls only want boyfriends who have great skills.

Post by Onyxt »

Rufio wrote:

- work on your house
- gank newbies
Work on your house? i thought they wouldn't ever be in NG. :?
He was talking about UO, if you'd read.
Cult
LAUGHING OUT LOUD LIKE A MORON

Post by Cult »

Odell wrote:
Cult wrote:

- work on your house
- gank newbies
Housing on NG?? starting when?
There will be no houses. He's already stated that a million houses. No house on NG/PD EVER.
guess egg has no standing to make such a comment. he wouldn't have any idea if housing is on the horizon for NG. As to the last post about this being about UO in general, look at the thread topic. This is a NG thread. if egg misspoke then im sure he would have clarified by now.
Light travels faster than sound.
This is why some people appear bright until you hear them speak.
eggmceye
hello

Post by eggmceye »

if you want a house I guess we can come to some arrangement ... they are only nfs on PD (due to its perm death, better economy, and ladders, etc)

pricing: I don't really know, maybe same price as reg but 1/2 price if you have one on reg already ? shrug
Rufio

Post by Rufio »

eggmceye wrote:if you want a house I guess we can come to some arrangement ... they are only nfs on PD (due to its perm death, better economy, and ladders, etc)

pricing: I don't really know, maybe same price as reg but 1/2 price if you have one on reg already ? shrug
I vote for half the size of house on ng if you have one one reg and free. :cool:
Ozimandias
Here for the lesbians.

Post by Ozimandias »

Not to be whiney, but if there can player housing, then can we have clan halls, too?

Also, for some odd reason, there's already clan halls that i've seen on NG. The weird thing is, I think they're in the same place as the ones on reg. I saw a ship/hall in the same spot as my clan's hall is in on reg. Why is that?
There are three kinds of people in this world: those who can count, and those who can't,
eggmceye
hello

Post by eggmceye »

The clan halls exist on NG because generally speaking, the map sets on all 3 servers are the same.

I guess you can have a hall on NG but it boils down to more work for me in the end and in the past NG server hasn't been populated enough to allow housing or halls.
Ozimandias
Here for the lesbians.

Post by Ozimandias »

I just figured clan halls were created in terms of how many members it has (that aren't duplicate alts and whatnot). After all, i think rufio's clan on ng has like 17 members.
There are three kinds of people in this world: those who can count, and those who can't,
eggmceye
hello

Post by eggmceye »

yeh but rufio is on my shitlist so why would I give him a hall?
Ozimandias
Here for the lesbians.

Post by Ozimandias »

Ah, i see. :uhh:

Well, I guess i could find a different clan that has good membership (and reputation), but I think only the reg clans show up on the site armoury thingy.

Or... I could form my own clan, get enough active players, and request a hall after doing that.
Rufio

Post by Rufio »

eggmceye wrote:yeh but rufio is on my shitlist so why would I give him a hall?
Because i am trying to become the best on NG and trying to make NG a better place in the EUO world. I seriously havent done anything stupid for anything on this server, it would be nice to get a hall for our clan. It wouldnt me just for me obviously, just for my mistakes doesnt mean you have to screw the other people in the clan over too. :-S
Last edited by Rufio on Tue Feb 02, 2010 12:32 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Eidolon
I should probably get out more.

Post by Eidolon »

shit goes downhill
Zzapp
Here for the lesbians.

Post by Zzapp »

Eidolon wrote:shit goes downhill