Remorting & Levels

Permanent Death and No Grind specific discussion goes here.

Moderator: EUO Moderators

Keighn
Stop posting already --;

Remorting & Levels

Post by Keighn »

There's a few things that bug me about pd and that's the padded levels. What I'm talking about is /remort. Most people do it. Hell why not, you get extra percent and a bonus of +70 - 75 stat points (150 total. 150-80=70 for human; 150-75=75 for nonhuman). You'd be nuts not to.

When you remort your experience stays the same, your level stays the same, but your rate of gaining experience is reset to newbish lvl 1 status. That's the padding. Compare a remorted guy with a nonremort guy at lvl 200 and obviously the nonremort has far more experience points. For comparison on the main ladder its nigh impossible for the nonremort to get on their. I suppose that is just that much more of the challenge.

I've never really understood why experience and level wasn't set back to lvl 1 and 0 xp with a little marker in the corner to indicate the character was remorted.

Remort was put in for dualclassing which is great. Pity there wasn't some sort of bonus for remaining a pure class as you're specializing all your talent into one field rather than splitting it up.
ZUPS!!!!
Eidolon
I should probably get out more.

Re: Remorting & Levels

Post by Eidolon »

Dest, basically all thats not true.

I remember ColdFire, or whatever his name was, on PD was the only person that didnt remort and he got to level 95 or something and stayed on the top ten scoreboard forever with people who were like 250+ level. Once you get to level 75 you're already able to fight things like dragons that give hundreds of exp per. When you remort you have to go back, sure not to fighting rats, but to fighting things like ogres and ettins, maybe you can even kill minotaurs. What i'm saying is sure you're getting a lot of levels but its just making up for all the work you already did plus the bonus of having an increased class cap.

Dont get pissed off and call people who remort newbs or something just because you want to play the game your own little way that no one other than you finds fun.
Keighn
Stop posting already --;

Post by Keighn »

[quote="Eidolon"]Dest, basically all thats not true. <trim> Dont get pissed off and call people who remort newbs or something just because you want to play the game your own little way that no one other than you finds fun.[/quote]

And where exactly did I say that in this thread?

Let me break down some of this since you seem to think this has to do with the current ladder which it doesn't.

Humans start with 80 points (25 str, 25 dex, 25 int and +5 for whichever class they choose Fighter +5 str, Rogue +5 dex, Mage +5 int) = seem pretty true to me.
Non Humans (draconian, gnome, halforc, halftroll, bloodkin, shadowkin) start with 75 points (25 str, 25 dex, 25 int) = pretty sure that is true as well.
Remort at lvl 75 starts lets you assort 150 points to any of the 3 stats (str, dex, int) to your liking with 25 being the mininum in a stat. = damn that is damn true also.
When you remort you gain experience as if you were lvl 1 again. = as far as I know that is true. Seems like it.

Now look at this sentence:

When you remort your experience stays the same, your level stays the same, but your rate of gaining experience is reset to newbish lvl 1 status.

I'm not calling remorted people newbs; I'm saying their xp is reset just like being a newbie lvl 1 right out of creation.

As far as the ladder is concerned or experience in general; I know full well that is is accumulated and kept and never reset. The rate in which you level at remort only makes one think that.

The old ladder when it very few played; I have no idea as I was either not aware of euo or not playing pd.

Don't bother reading as I know the answer.
ZUPS!!!!
Eidolon

Post by Eidolon »

Lines thru sentences are cool.

Either way the only way remorting helps in leveling is some extra hp. It doesnt help with gaining more exp or anything.
Catherine
English correct bastard.

Post by Catherine »

Surely the class cap does help with leveling. That's the point of it.
Keighn
Stop posting already --;

Post by Keighn »

Not to mention double the stat allotment of a greenhorn.
ZUPS!!!!
Eidolon

Post by Eidolon »

Well remort was put in to be used. Everyone does it because it makes a char more fun and enjoyable to play. Getting a non remort char on the ladder is harder than getting a remorted char on the ladder, sure, but barely. Like I said either way, at level 75 you're already getting hundreds (and on PD, thousands) of exp per monster you're killing because youre already at the harder stuff whereas a remorted char goes back to fighting ogres and ettins for awhile. If someone remorts at the exact same time someone whose not going to remort hits 75, I guarantee it would still be a neck-to-neck race for a long time because remort takes extra time to get back to where you already were. You're doing what you just did all over again.

Remorts been in PD for what, like 4 years now? Its not overpowered or not well thought out. Just play the game and have fun.