Idea for the quests on NG!

Permanent Death and No Grind specific discussion goes here.

Moderator: EUO Moderators

Rufio
Tune in next time & see how they do it.

Idea for the quests on NG!

Post by Rufio »

Instead if getting experience toward leveling (Witch means nothing on NG) it would give like stat experience! :lesson:
For example, the first rat quest in the newbie dungeon would give like 5 to all of your stats, (reason for all stats is everyone is a diffrent class) i think it would be a cool idea and very benifical to current NG players like myself. :dance:
Comments?
Rufio - Level 314 - Bloodkin - Mage
http://euotopia.com/plyr.php?p=Rufio&serv=reg
eggmceye
hello

Re: Idea for the quests on NG!

Post by eggmceye »

not the worst idea I've ever heard - the devil will be in the details
Keighn
Stop posting already --;

Post by Keighn »

I used to wonder about that too on ng. I suppose that works or simple attach some sort of monetary/time reward to each quest. Again, more work on the part of the programmer.
ZUPS!!!!
Eclips
egg has really fucked this game up :(

Post by Eclips »

You could have a simplified system where they got their stats increased based on their class. It wouldn't be the greatest system, but you could still get your other stats up the normal way.
Rufio

Post by Rufio »

Well right now the onlly thing that the quests do is consume time. They dont give any sort of bonus or anything, besides getting the bone ring of nightvision +2, crocodile hunters ring, and the spiked collar of defence +4 there is no point to doing the quests. :-S
Eclips wrote:You could have a simplified system where they got their stats increased based on their class. It wouldn't be the greatest system, but you could still get your other stats up the normal way.
I agree, it wouldnt be the greatest system but it would be a good alternitive instead of giving xp to some sort of level. Getting your other stats up is not a real problem but getting your main one is very slow after 75. I play for maybe 3 hours a night on Rufio on NG and i get his strength up 2 maybe 3 levels. Thats straight grinding on minos and small dragon groups. :shock: If we could raise drops or give quests that go for stats it would help the gameplay alot.
goemon
on lolpatrol

Post by goemon »

Eclips wrote:You could have a simplified system where they got their stats increased based on their class. It wouldn't be the greatest system, but you could still get your other stats up the normal way.
even easier, some quests give certains stats.

oorr!

add a percentage to the class cap since you cant meditate levels to get it.
Rufio

Post by Rufio »

goemon wrote:
even easier, some quests give certains stats.

oorr!

add a percentage to the class cap since you cant meditate levels to get it.
Even that would help, but there is no class cap on NG. :-S
Keighn
Stop posting already --;

Post by Keighn »

I still say we need an uber tough server for the masochist players (maybe take out the pd aspect). Ah, I can dream can't I?
ZUPS!!!!
KingDavid
buying vamp LS of any kind +5

Post by KingDavid »

Just make each quest worth x number of stat points that the player can allocate as if they had just gained a level (using shift+2(@) then the S D I to allocate skillpoints) this would require no complex formula or system.
Be strong and of good courage; fear not or be dismayed; for the Lord, even my God, will be with thee. He will not fail thee, till thou hast finished all the work for the service of the house of the Lord.
Rufio

Post by Rufio »

KingDavid wrote:Just make each quest worth x number of stat points that the player can allocate as if they had just gained a level (using shift+2(@) then the S D I to allocate skillpoints) this would require no complex formula or system.
I like the idea :D
kusofthevalley
I used to bake rockcakes in my bakery.

Post by kusofthevalley »

It would be nice if stat bonus's from quests related to the details of the quest. For instance the gravedigger quest is a purely int based quest (on the part of the player at least), so it would be nice if it gave you an int boost. You could even base stat boosts from quests on the classic ultima virtues/stats system (like the shrines on reg are). Yellow stone questis a classic dex boost quest for instance. Again to quote Egg "the devil will be in the details".
Ugrog, EleganceBlade, Zelephereth, Polyphemus, Richard, LordHighgate, Quentin, Valley, ad infinitum
Rufio

Post by Rufio »

kusofthevalley wrote:It would be nice if stat bonus's from quests related to the details of the quest. For instance the gravedigger quest is a purely int based quest (on the part of the player at least), so it would be nice if it gave you an int boost. You could even base stat boosts from quests on the classic ultima virtues/stats system (like the shrines on reg are). Yellow stone questis a classic dex boost quest for instance. Again to quote Egg "the devil will be in the details".
The problem with this is that what about chain quests, you cannot do the Shoreline quests without doing the Mon Feratto quests, you cannot do the Mon Feratto quests with out the Izumi quests and you cannot do the Izumi quests without the Nord quests. :-S So if one of them gives strength and i am a fighter and i need it soon, i would have to do all of the quests inbetween to get the spiked collar of defence +4 quest witch would give you the strength. Thats the only problem that i see with that. You would have to have all of them give equal experience for it to not be lopsided. :-S
Blackthorn
I'll be going back to Tibia next week.

Post by Blackthorn »

Rufio wrote:Instead if getting experience toward leveling (Witch means nothing on NG) it would give like stat experience! :lesson:
For example, the first rat quest in the newbie dungeon would give like 5 to all of your stats, (reason for all stats is everyone is a diffrent class) i think it would be a cool idea and very benifical to current NG players like myself. :dance:
Comments?
I'm not really a fan... many of the quests are no-brainer/no-effort (especially after how many times one has done them on other characters) and thus shouldn't be worth any stat gain.

Maybe if there was a way to equate the quest XP with stat gain. So every 100,000 quest XP points you'd gain X stat points.

Keighn wrote:I still say we need an uber tough server for the masochist players (maybe take out the pd aspect). Ah, I can dream can't I?
There's nothing "uber tough" about a server without PD. If you suffer no loss upon death other than having to walk back to your conveniently placed TP and maybe collect whatever gold you dropped, what's the point? WIthout permanent death, you're basically playing one step away from God Mode...
Eclips
egg has really fucked this game up :(

Post by Eclips »

I think he was suggesting that we find a new way of making the server tough. Maybe giving the monsters better AI or new spells or abilities to work with, Faster spawn rates, less craftable scrolls/pots to help you out etc.
Rufio

Post by Rufio »

Keighn wrote:I still say we need an uber tough server for the masochist players (maybe take out the pd aspect). Ah, I can dream can't I?
Eclips wrote:I think he was suggesting that we find a new way of making the server tough. Maybe giving the monsters better AI or new spells or abilities to work with, Faster spawn rates, less craftable scrolls/pots to help you out etc.
We are susposed to be talking about the quests of the NG server, not about what you want it to be like. :abject: (Didnt mean anything by that just trying to stay on topic.)