Class Question on PD

Permanent Death and No Grind specific discussion goes here.

Moderator: EUO Moderators

MrBongs
BBQ ABC <3

Class Question on PD

Post by MrBongs »

Okay ive got a few questions,
1. Would it be worth it to increase int on any char other than a mage char solely for the MR or would it be wiser to get MR gear and increase str/dex,
2. Howcome shields dont have defense anymore? whats the difference between a buckler and a tower shield if they dont have stats except the magical effects u find them with.
3. I was thinking about creating a foil,shield rogue and can't decide if i should go that way or use 2x short swords, also am wondering if 2x foils would block/riposte more and how hard would a 1foil/shield rogue be to hit?
4. At what dex does ones attack speed max out?
5. Also, if i was to make a fighter,mage would i HAVE to be a human or is magic actually viable at 75%? i know like all the good spells are near the end just dont know if they're that high up
Thanks in advance.
Keighn
Stop posting already --;

Re: Class Question on PD

Post by Keighn »

MrBongs wrote:Okay ive got a few questions,
1. Would it be worth it to increase int on any char other than a mage char solely for the MR or would it be wiser to get MR gear and increase str/dex,
2. Howcome shields dont have defense anymore? whats the difference between a buckler and a tower shield if they dont have stats except the magical effects u find them with.
3. I was thinking about creating a foil,shield rogue and can't decide if i should go that way or use 2x short swords, also am wondering if 2x foils would block/riposte more and how hard would a 1foil/shield rogue be to hit?
5. Also, if i was to make a fighter,mage would i HAVE to be a human or is magic actually viable at 75%? i know like all the good spells are near the end just dont know if they're that high up
Thanks in advance.
Okay ive got a few questions,
Thanks in advance.
1. Intelligence is good for Magic resistance. If you're not going to cast spells, then yes it can be good but high strength can give some MR as well. Some get int and some don't. Its up to you to decide. Remeber MR is moslty useful vs. XJ(curse), AEP(hold), and perhaps sleep. I haven't noticed it do much of anything vs. magical damage.

2. I believe +def on shields was taken out to balance the game vs. lesser mobs. I don't know if the + helps block more or not. I also don't know if the tint or size makes a big difference either. I had meant to test this vs. 1,000 hits per type... but got bored doing it. That being said, most shields are used as a +stat/vig/NV item to be used effectually. Gold/ash is the most popular tint but most take what ever + is highest in regards to stat/vig/nv.

3. I don't think the off-hand foil does anything but damage. The charge up only works on primary hand. I have no idea if you can parry/riposte on the off-hand.

4. I don't know. 250, 300, 350?

5. In regards to fighter/mages 75% can be adequete but not optimal. Simple /trimskills of the primary to 90 and get you piety/sorcery/magery up to 85%. That's enough to cast Vas Mani and other spells at 99% accuracy I believe. If your main class is mage, then the other classes can help but certaintly aren't that big of a factor to a wizard. (IMHO at least).
ZUPS!!!!
MrBongs
BBQ ABC <3

Post by MrBongs »

Two more questions if u dont mind, When dual wielding with a rogue the second weapon has a Shield icon beside it, does this mean the rogue loses out on dodge and other benefits? if so is this intended or bugged?
Also, what exactly are the differences between using unarmored gear and light gear for a rogue? is it just movement speed? or attack as well, Oh and one more, whats the bonus damage and such do on gloves? like gloves of attack and so on, does it only increase ones damage when using fist weapons?
Keighn
Stop posting already --;

Post by Keighn »

MrBongs wrote: 1. Two more questions if u dont mind, When dual wielding with a rogue the second weapon has a Shield icon beside it, does this mean the rogue loses out on dodge and other benefits? if so is this intended or bugged?

2. Also, what exactly are the differences between using unarmored gear and light gear for a rogue? is it just movement speed? or attack as well.

3. Oh and one more, whats the bonus damage and such do on gloves? like gloves of attack and so on, does it only increase ones damage when using fist weapons?
1. The shield icon represents your offhand. Before dual wield you could only use a shield in your offhand. So egg didn't have to create a new icon for different dual wield weapons he simple used the shield icon. If you have 2 of the "exact" same type of weapon you'll get something akin to 2 swords icon next the the dual weapons while dual-wielding. No, you don't lose your dodge bonus. I think dodge on PD come around at 200 or 250. Naturally, the higher it is the more you have a chance to dodge. Remember, only your primary wearpon (the one with the single sword icon or simple the first weapon you've equipped), gets you charged special attack or ability to backstab (if applicable). In the case of foils, I'm pretty sure only the primary weapon has a chance to parry/riposte.

2. I've noticed a difference between walking speeds. Many of the more experieced combat pro veterans will tell you that NO gear gives you the fastest attack speed, UA gear gives very fast attack speed, Light gives fast attack speed, Medium gives average attack speed, and Heavy gives Less than average attack speed.

3. Gloves/Gauntlets of attack give a bonus to damage and AS depending on the + of attack. This only applies when punching with your fists and has absolutely no effect on your using a weapon.
ZUPS!!!!
LaughingCoyote
egg has really fucked this game up :(

Post by LaughingCoyote »

Keighn wrote: 2. I believe +def on shields was taken out to balance the game vs. lesser mobs. I don't know if the + helps block more or not. I also don't know if the tint or size makes a big difference either. I had meant to test this vs. 1,000 hits per type... but got bored doing it. That being said, most shields are used as a +stat/vig/NV item to be used effectually. Gold/ash is the most popular tint but most take what ever + is highest in regards to stat/vig/nv.
There use to be an old thread (haven't been able to find it through search) where I tested tints and bonuses on shields to see how they effected block - and yes, they do.

buckler << Tower shield
+0 << +7 def
untinted << blackrock

Of course, it could have changed since then...

Edit: Really, really can't find the thread on shields or block? wtf? Did it get deleted?
Hecate wrote: I feel even more evil than ever, milking cows before killing them.
eggmceye wrote:pretty cool having vigour put in the manual after 14 years X-D